• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Book

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Happy New Year. My new book is now available on Kindle, as of an hour or so ago. Search for 'Adventures of the Imaginary Brothers' on Amazon.

My writing has improved (God, I hope so) in 20 years since I self-published 3 books. Amazon Kindle makes it easier, although I wasn't able to do all the formatting myself. 20 years ago Print on Demand wasn't a thing either.

The premise of the book is that a young boy with an incredibly vivid imagination has two imaginary friends, and the three of them go on adventures. They talk him into stuff he probably shouldn't do.

My target audience was for upper elementary, smarter kids, who enjoyed that sort of thing when I taught. Of course I'm hopeful a few adults might enjoy it too.

I tried to make it as cheap as I could, but Amazon has a limit. (It's 60 000 words.)

I'll answer questions about it here. Hope someone enjoys it.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Happy New Year. My new book is now available on Kindle, as of an hour or so ago. Search for 'Adventures of the Imaginary Brothers' on Amazon.

My writing has improved (God, I hope so) in 20 years since I self-published 3 books. Amazon Kindle makes it easier, although I wasn't able to do all the formatting myself. 20 years ago Print on Demand wasn't a thing either.

The premise of the book is that a young boy with an incredibly vivid imagination has two imaginary friends, and the three of them go on adventures. They talk him into stuff he probably shouldn't do.

My target audience was for upper elementary, smarter kids, who enjoyed that sort of thing when I taught. Of course I'm hopeful a few adults might enjoy it too.

I tried to make it as cheap as I could, but Amazon has a limit. (It's 60 000 words.)

Congrats on the achievement. I'll put in on my list of "to reads..."

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

I will have to miss out because I have no device on which I can download Kindle...
I am not techy at all. I have a cell phone but only use it to make or receive calls when I am not home.
I really envy people like you who are creative and can write stories and novels, as I have no such abilities.

The owner of Planet Baha’i who I posted to for many years before he closed his forum is an author of many books of fiction.

Dale E. Lehman – Author Dale E. Lehman
Dale E. Lehman (Author of The Fibonacci Murders)

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I will have to miss out because I have no device on which I can download Kindle...
I am not techy at all. I have a cell phone but only use it to make or receive calls when I am not home.
I really envy people like you who are creative and can write stories and novels, as I have no such abilities.

The owner of Planet Baha’i who I posted to for many years before he closed his forum is an author of many books of fiction.

Dale E. Lehman – Author Dale E. Lehman
Dale E. Lehman (Author of The Fibonacci Murders)
The paperback version will be out in about 3 days, they have to 'review' it, whatever that means.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
giphy.gif

And no, that's not me.
Just a gif I found on the internet.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
So glad to hear the news! Congratulations! You go!
Thank you. It took me some time to get over that quote in your book. 'Shy writers die.' It's tough, but the good thing is that with the amount of money one puts in, in this new technology it works out to be about 15% of what I had to put out previously, 20 years ago.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
The paperback version will be out in about 3 days, they have to 'review' it, whatever that means.

They're just checking it out to make sure it 'meets their standards'. Mostly that means it more or less has the feel and appearance of professional writing. You'll glide though it.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
It's not easy, is it?
Thank goodness I don't feel like marketing much, nor is there any need to. The investment is minimal, and frankly, I'm really not in it to be successful. I'm happy for you that you're getting quite a lot of positive feedback. That really does help.

In my high school there was a very pretty girl, one of my wife's best friends, who was totally convinced she was ugly. It destroyed her life, in several ways. (I thought you'd relate to that idea some.)

robocop (actually)

Premium Member

I read the first chapter.

I had imaginary friends when I was little, but they weren't nearly as sophisticated.

However, as an adult, whether it's because of being schizophrenic or since I was Raelian or both, I have had and probably always will have the ability to communicate with voices.

I like your book.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I read the first chapter.

I had imaginary friends when I was little, but they weren't nearly as sophisticated.

However, as an adult, whether it's because of being schizophrenic or since I was Raelian or both, I have had and probably always will have the ability to communicate with voices.

I like your book.
Thank you. That means something. But now I have a question related to schizophrenia, which I'm rather unfamiliar with. Did you at all have the sense that this book might turn into a full blown expose (adultish) /testimony of that, or did you just read it as a kid with a vivid sometimes goofy (Feather) imagination? I'd had that thought, and it's not all that pleasant. My intent is only to entertain, not make hidden social commentary.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Thank you. That means something. But now I have a question related to schizophrenia, which I'm rather unfamiliar with. Did you at all have the sense that this book might turn into a full blown expose (adultish) /testimony of that, or did you just read it as a kid with a vivid sometimes goofy (Feather) imagination? I'd had that thought, and it's not all that pleasant. My intent is only to entertain, not make hidden social commentary.
I thought it was just going to be about imaginary friends / imagination / pretend.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member

Reading a chapter daily.