• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Beliefs Organized Finally

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I Focus A LOT on Reincarnation (which im 98% in belief of)
Maybe We Are Unconscious After Though
Ignorance is Bliss
Pacifism
No Karma
Life is a miraculous accident
Humans Are Animals
Evidence Before Faith
Time is Infinite and Omnipresent
Any kind of god is extremely unlikely but possible
Animal Rights Although I Do Eat Meat

Sorry for being picky often but yeah

Erebus

Reincarnation and no karma?
Hmm, that is complicated...

Possibly a lot less complicated than reincarnation with karma in all honesty ;) If reincarnation is down to random chance for example, it simplifies the concept considerably.

@The Sum of Awe: I'm not certain what religion you would fit neatly into, though if you wanted to join a religious congregation there is always UU.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Possibly a lot less complicated than reincarnation with karma in all honesty ;) If reincarnation is down to random chance for example, it simplifies the concept considerably.

@The Sum of Awe: I'm not certain what religion you would fit neatly into, though if you wanted to join a religious congregation there is always UU.

The problem is that most religions that consider reincarnation as real also have some sort of karma system. Buddhism, spiritism, hinduism, jainism, sikhism, and even scientology and theosophy.

Believing in reincarnation but not in any kind of karma surely limits ones options.

The Sum of Awe

Well, I guess I don't really have to believe in reincarnation, lack of existence makes sense also.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Well, if allowed to decay properly we do "reincarnate" back up through the food chain after death. And if reincarnation were true it's obvious we don't retain memory from past lives so it's pretty much the same thing.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Well, I guess I don't really have to believe in reincarnation, lack of existence makes sense also.
Just follow your heart. :)

Curious, why do you think there is no karma, but is reincarnation?

I think Paganism would probably be your best bet.
Or Deism. Deism good. :D

The Sum of Awe

I see good people that suffer in this world.

I have some things that seem like memories though they could just be from dreams, that were from beyond this life.

Erebus

The problem is that most religions that consider reincarnation as real also have some sort of karma system. Buddhism, spiritism, hinduism, jainism, sikhism, and even scientology and theosophy.

Believing in reincarnation but not in any kind of karma surely limits ones options.

Oh absolutely. A lack of belief in karma goes against a lot of those religions, my point was that reincarnation's more simple without karma (though if you meant it's more complicated to find a compatible belief I'm with you ;))

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Oh absolutely. A lack of belief in karma goes against a lot of those religions, my point was that reincarnation's more simple without karma (though if you meant it's more complicated to find a compatible belief I'm with you ;))

Yep, that is what i meant. ;)