• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Must See Movie Lists

Circle_One

JS and I were talking on another thread about movie lists. I mentioned that I have an actual Newbie Movie List that any guy who wishes to claim a piece of my heart or anyone who claims to be a movie buff has to run through before getting closer to me (I'm a psycho anal horror film buff, for those that don't know me).

Anyway, he mentioned that he has a list too, though unlike mine, his isn't an actual physical list (See above regarding my psycho anal film buff-ness), and I figured we're probably not the only ones.

Does anyone else has a list of movies that they absolutely have to show people who want to date them or who want to be friends with them, or whatever? If so, what movies are on your list?

I'll post mine in a minute.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
"The sound of Music".......that has been released now, hasn't it ?:biglaugh:

d.

_______
a few :

'waiting for guffman'

'this is spinal tap'

'stalker' (tarkovsky)

'solaris' (tarkovsky)

'autumn sonata' (bergman)

and the hayao miyazaki movies.

(do an imdb search)

jewscout

Religious Zionist
JS/Huff's Must See Movies, Especially If You Want To Date Me, Otherwise You're A Dirty Commie, List:

1. SCARFACE
2. Tombstone
3. Dazed and Confused
4. Half Baked
5. Orgazmo

i'm sure it's not up to your film buff standards C1 :)
but for me...these are like the greatest movies and i can watch any of them over and over again.
i'm sure there are others, like i said i haven't thought this out quite as much as you have, but these are like THE BIG ONES that pop to my head instantly.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Army Of Darkness
Batman Begins
Spawn
Dumb And Dumber
Robin Hood: Men In Tights
Dracula: Dead And Loving It

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Ooooo, boy! There's a whole list of movies that I'd want to subject a prospective mate to!

"The Princess Bride" and "Labryth" (which I can never spell correctly) were some of my favorites growing up.

Arrgghhh... Now that I try to think of the films, all their titles are disappearing! I'll have to come back to this thread!

Circle_One

Ok, here's my list *pulls folded piece of paper from her wallet*

*AHEM*

Suspiria
Inferno
Tenebre
Profondo Rosso(I'm an Argento groupie)
Spider Baby
I Spit on Your Grave
Last House on the Left
Last House on Dead End Street
Session 9
El Espinazo del Diablo
Carnival of Souls
Daughters of Darkness
Lady in White
The Hills Have Eyes (the original)
SLC Punk
Stand By Me
Donnie Darko
Fear and Loathing
The Acid House

EDIT: Forgot to flip the paper over :biglaugh:

Labyrinth
Evil Dead 1 & 2
Lucio Fulci's Zombi
Cannibal Ferox
Cigarette Burns
Sick Girl
May
And there you have it. My psychotic list. I've frightened more than one person after pulling it out.

Circle_One

jewscout said:
JS/Huff's Must See Movies, Especially If You Want To Date Me, Otherwise You're A Dirty Commie, List:

1. SCARFACE
2. Tombstone
3. Dazed and Confused
4. Half Baked
5. Orgazmo

i'm sure it's not up to your film buff standards C1 :)
but for me...these are like the greatest movies and i can watch any of them over and over again.
i'm sure there are others, like i said i haven't thought this out quite as much as you have, but these are like THE BIG ONES that pop to my head instantly.

Greatest List name EVER!

And that's a pretty damned respectable list!

There's no sense in anyone comparing their lists to mine because really, I'm sure no one actually has a paper with movies written on it, other than me. I'm pretty much more psycho than most.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Circle_One said:
Greatest List name EVER!

And that's a pretty damned respectable list!

There's no sense in anyone comparing their lists to mine because really, I'm sure no one actually has a paper with movies written on it, other than me. I'm pretty much more psycho than most.

i can safely say that i've seen like 4 or 5 movies on ur list

that makes me feel special:D

Circle_One

jewscout said:
i can safely say that i've seen like 4 or 5 movies on ur list

that makes me feel special:D

That earns you mega bonus points! A lot of people can't even say they've seen more than one on my list (alot of people I know, anyway).

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Circle_One said:
That earns you mega bonus points! A lot of people can't even say they've seen more than one on my list (alot of people I know, anyway).

sweeeeeeet:D

u got Evil Dead 1 and 2....what about Army of Darkness????????????

Circle_One

jewscout said:
u got Evil Dead 1 and 2....what about Army of Darkness????????????

Well, my list is made of movies I don't think most people have seen and I think most people, especially the majority of those that claim to be horror buffs have seen at least Army of Darkness, which is why it's not on my list. But don't get me wrong, AOD is a CLASSIC and one of my very favorite films and if I meet anyone who hasn't seen it, I definitely show it to them.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Circle_One said:
Well, my list is made of movies I don't think most people have seen and I think most people, especially the majority of those that claim to be horror buffs have seen at least Army of Darkness, which is why it's not on my list. But don't get me wrong, AOD is a CLASSIC and one of my very favorite films and if I meet anyone who hasn't seen it, I definitely show it to them.

ah yes...i got yah...yeah alot of people have seen AOD but not the original 2 Evil Dead's

i remember i saw Evil Dead 2 at the Midnight Movie at the Byrd Theatre here in Richmond (it's like this really really old theatre and looks real classic)...that was so cool cause like half the audience was quoting the film while we watched it lol

very MST3K

Fluffy

A fool
Anything and everything that has been touched by Tarantino (eg His 4 movies and then Sin City, Killing Zoe etc etc)
Donnie Darko
Fight Club
Moulin Rouge
Trainspotting
Terminator 1&2
Schindler's List and Munich
The first Matrix movie (and at a push, Reloaded and Revolutions as well)
Star Wars Episodes III, IV, V (no teddy bears for me thank you very much)

Circle_One

jewscout said:
ah yes...i got yah...yeah alot of people have seen AOD but not the original 2 Evil Dead's

i remember i saw Evil Dead 2 at the Midnight Movie at the Byrd Theatre here in Richmond (it's like this really really old theatre and looks real classic)...that was so cool cause like half the audience was quoting the film while we watched it lol

very MST3K

That's amazing!

We just had this Weekend of 1000 Thrills at Cinema Du Parc in Montreal a few weeks ago and it was so amazing. Evil Dead 1 & 2 played, Dead Alive, the original Halloween, Carrie, Friday the 13th pt 1, the Birds, Poltergeist, Nosferatu, Freaks, etc. It was SO friggen amazing to see such classic films on the big screen. I was so happy it nearly brought me to tears, hahaha.