• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Must a God Love Unconditionally????

Bird123

P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

As we look around this world and the universe, one can conclude that any Being capable of creating all this has to have Great Intelligence. Such a Being would be defined as God.

Ebb and Flow of true knowledge can be pictured as such: If I were to build a car, all cars will have certain things in common regardless of the car. A car must have an engine, a seat, a way to regulate speed and stop. You get the idea. A car is just an example, however this can be applied to lots of things.

What qualities must a God have? I think we can all agree that God must have very high intelligence and knowledge. After all, with intelligence and knowledge comes the great capabilities that would make such feats of creation possible.

Must a God Love Unconditionally???? Perhaps, first we must define Unconditional Love. I define Unconditional Love as doing what is Best for those you are giving the Love to. It would be an unselfish Love.

If God is of high intelligence, His actions would be too. Is Unconditional Love intelligent? If one did not Love Unconditionally, it would be selfish. When one acts solely with self interest, others can get hurt. When others get hurt, they get angry, want to strike back. If it's bad enough, like a dictator, there will be those who will be working at overthrowing them.

On the other hand, Unconditional Love would be at a higher level. Serving in the best interests of others could only bring joy when those actions were fully understood.

There were two managers of business. One manager ruled with an iron fist. Everyone hated this guy. The employees under him did a lot of work. On the other hand when a tough assignment showed up, everyone would avoid that manager because no one wanted to help him. The second manager ruled with Unconditional Love. Everybody loved him. There were those who took advantage of him, however everybody got the work done. When a tough assignment came up, so did the volunteers. He never had trouble finding help.

So who was the smartest manager? It was the Unconditional Love manager. Why? Mr iron fist manager was constantly having people quit. The new help had to be trained before they could do anything. These inefficiencies ended up costing more. The Unconditional Love manager had loyal, hard working, experienced employees who would never quit.

Unconditional Love is a Love we would do anything for. I think Unconditional Love is Intelligent and a Must quality for a God. I question any religion whose God does not Love Unconditionally. They could not have the Real God. What do you think????

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
.....Unconditional Love is a Love we would do anything for. I think Unconditional Love is Intelligent and a Must quality for a God. I question any religion whose God does not Love Unconditionally. They could not have the Real God. What do you think????
Peace be on you.
We can learn from parents' unconditional love for children. For healthy raising, sometimes they give children medicines too.

God's love in unconditional, it is human who go astray, God love full the human back time and again. Even the human fully corrupts himself and go to hell, even then God will cure him in correctional facility and eventually send to initial part of paradise.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
We believe that God does love us conditionally because the sun shines and the rain falls and the fruits and grains grow both for the good and the wicked, the believer and the non believer and we are witness to that.

Bird123

Peace be on you.
We can learn from parents' unconditional love for children. For healthy raising, sometimes they give children medicines too.

God's love in unconditional, it is human who go astray, God love full the human back time and again. Even the human fully corrupts himself and go to hell, even then God will cure him in correctional facility and eventually send to initial part of paradise.

Yes, Unconditional Love must include fixing the Kiddies rather than simply frying them.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Unconditional Love is a Love we would do anything for. I think Unconditional Love is Intelligent and a Must quality for a God. I question any religion whose God does not Love Unconditionally. They could not have the Real God. What do you think????

I think that you should be careful putting down other people's cultures.

Bird123

We believe that God does love us conditionally because the sun shines and the rain falls and the fruits and grains grow both for the good and the wicked, the believer and the non believer and we are witness to that.

Yes,Regardless of choices, we would all be God's kiddies.Unconditional Love would mean not only taking care of all the kiddies but educating them to make better choices.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

As we look around this world and the universe, one can conclude that any Being capable of creating all this has to have Great Intelligence. Such a Being would be defined as God.

Ebb and Flow of true knowledge can be pictured as such: If I were to build a car, all cars will have certain things in common regardless of the car. A car must have an engine, a seat, a way to regulate speed and stop. You get the idea. A car is just an example, however this can be applied to lots of things.

What qualities must a God have? I think we can all agree that God must have very high intelligence and knowledge. After all, with intelligence and knowledge comes the great capabilities that would make such feats of creation possible.

Must a God Love Unconditionally???? Perhaps, first we must define Unconditional Love. I define Unconditional Love as doing what is Best for those you are giving the Love to. It would be an unselfish Love.

If God is of high intelligence, His actions would be too. Is Unconditional Love intelligent? If one did not Love Unconditionally, it would be selfish. When one acts solely with self interest, others can get hurt. When others get hurt, they get angry, want to strike back. If it's bad enough, like a dictator, there will be those who will be working at overthrowing them.

On the other hand, Unconditional Love would be at a higher level. Serving in the best interests of others could only bring joy when those actions were fully understood.

There were two managers of business. One manager ruled with an iron fist. Everyone hated this guy. The employees under him did a lot of work. On the other hand when a tough assignment showed up, everyone would avoid that manager because no one wanted to help him. The second manager ruled with Unconditional Love. Everybody loved him. There were those who took advantage of him, however everybody got the work done. When a tough assignment came up, so did the volunteers. He never had trouble finding help.

So who was the smartest manager? It was the Unconditional Love manager. Why? Mr iron fist manager was constantly having people quit. The new help had to be trained before they could do anything. These inefficiencies ended up costing more. The Unconditional Love manager had loyal, hard working, experienced employees who would never quit.

I dont agree that a real god is one who loves unconditionally. That is putting characteristics on all gods as if they should mirror the one you follow. Its like saying because my ancestors love me, then yours should too or they arent your real ancestors. Although the sentiment is well meaning, its an unrealistic statement.

I wouldnt know a real god/deity's characteristics would be. I honestly dont see how anyone can find there is a deity just because we exist and there is a pattern to life. I dont understand the connection.

God is life. Within god, if we live our morals or faith go in full, we experience the love IN life rather from life. Its not a deity. We personify a lot and its useful when not put on other peoples views.

Pagans have real gods. The god (above) I believe is real. So are Hindu. So are Buddhist gods. They are a reflection of the human wants/needs.

Name a characteristic of god that is foreign to humanity?

interminable

منتظر
According to our religion if something doesn't exist it means Allah doesn't love it
In other words everything that has been created is originated from Allah's love otherwise it would be non existent

Bird123

I dont agree that a real god is one who loves unconditionally. That is putting characteristics on all gods as if they should mirror the one you follow. Its like saying because my ancestors love me, then yours should too or they arent your real ancestors. Although the sentiment is well meaning, its an unrealistic statement.

I wouldnt know a real god/deity's characteristics would be. I honestly dont see how anyone can find there is a deity just because we exist and there is a pattern to life. I dont understand the connection.

God is life. Within god, if we live our morals or faith go in full, we experience the love IN life rather from life. Its not a deity. We personify a lot and its useful when not put on other peoples views.

Pagans have real gods. The god (above) I believe is real. So are Hindu. So are Buddhist gods. They are a reflection of the human wants/needs.

Name a characteristic of god that is foreign to humanity?

Correct me if I am wrong. What I got from what you said was that you do not think that God is actually Someone. Doesn't every being have characteristics? Further, don't these characteristics and actions tell the world who they really are?

Do you really think God is no more than a person's personal emotional Belief? If that is the case, you are saying God does not really exist except in imagination.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Correct me if I am wrong. What I got from what you said was that you do not think that God is actually Someone. Doesn't every being have characteristics?

The first part, no. God isn't an actual person. I use the word for convenience. I found a pattern that every person I know in person, religion, and every person here perception and definition of god mirrors a trait(s) humans have, want to have, or find distasteful. I haven't heard of a characteristic of a being that has it's own unique characteristics. Humans are not aliens to each other; so, we share characteristics from one extent to another because we are all human. I would think a being would have some characteristics that are unique to that or those beings. I haven't heard one yet.

Further, don't these characteristics and actions tell the world who they really are?

Since they are a mirror of human characteristics, when I read the Bible, Quran, Sutra, and so forth, I learn more about humanity not about god(s). I learn more about who they are, what they want, their status with each other, and basically the need to understand the unknown and how they express it whether by analogy or history.

Do you really think God is no more than a person's personal emotional Belief? If that is the case, you are saying God does not really exist except in imagination.

Emotional belief, yes (now that I think of it). People's wants (want for everlasting life), needs (want to live forever and be rid of sickness etc), motivations (the want/need for love), hate (the personification and attributes of satan and hand its influence rather than seeing negative consequences a reaction from karma/life itself (cause and affect)) rather than from a being of some sort.

No. Imagination is creating something that doesn't exist. Our wants, needs, motivations, and hates (our emotions and traits of our psyche) do exist. We didn't make it up. A lot of people in real life don't want to die. Others are mad at life (god) because within it, we have sickness and death. Others learn from death because they see it as a passage to everlasting life without the burden of this life.

It's a natural way of projecting what we don't know and things we feel onto an "other." That, and it's natural to refer to emotions when we externalize them to a person. Hence, why I understand the role of Jesus because it "makes human" who god is to people (as mentioned above) rather than just going on faith. It's a physical assurance of wants/needs/motivations etc. Another word for an having an idol because we want to be "like them."

Not imagination it just has to do with the psyche.

:herb: I'll use a personal example. I do hope you read this post in full. Take your time.

I believe in the Spirits, my ancestors, and souls of the decease on earth of kin, humanity, history, and people of heritage. I also hold in full Buddhist morals and teachings. The Buddha taught that what we perceive comes from the mind. I believe that one hundred percent.

So, I have literally experienced the Spirits and have literally "heard" my grandmothers talk with me. I also accept that if this is from my mind, it is natural and I find solace in interacting with my mind's perception of the Spirits and family in this way. I wish I was wrong and my family actually does exist in Spirit but I have to realize that we cannot characterize the unknown. If we did, we would "know god" and we don't. So, I accept and became comfortable with characterizing the unknown from the perceptions I receive from my mind. Whether it's true or not, I stopped analyzing it. I just go with the flow. If I wasted my time, I can't tell because it helps me.

It helps a lot of people to know god(s) exists in one way or another. I just hope that they realize these are method of our human psyche to deal with what we don't understand. I feel when we know that, we understand ourselves more as well as god/life. We understand how we relate to god and when we do that, we live in god better. We find ways to personify him with acknowledging that that is what we are doing and saying "that is okay. This is what helps me."

That is another reason why people have sacred scripture. It confirms what their psyche says but they feel is external. It's an external confirmation of an internal means of dealing with life or knowing god/life.

It's completely healthy. Imagination isn't a bad word, but since motivations, wants, needs, etc actually exist, I wouldn't call it imagination. It's just pure psychological and physiological needs to understand life. If it means we need a personification of life (god) that's alright.

I just hope that people are healthy with it and not press their beliefs on others.

Last edited:

Skwim

Veteran Member
Or one can concluded that no being was involved at all. :shrug:

Assuming that such a god exists and is in charge, looking at the current state of humanity I'd have to say this unconditional love of god is a strange love indeed. One that finds it Best to let people wallow in starvation and suffering. One that finds it Best to let its innocent children struggle and die from disease and genetic defects. One that finds it Best to cripple half the population with sub-par intelligence. One that finds it Best to let it's creatures kill each other on the streets and in wars. On that finds it Best to not give those who will commit suicide the wherewithal to cope. Yeah, this god with its unconditional love is a strange duck indeed. Hate to see what a god who lacked such "love" would have created.

According to our religion if something doesn't exist it means Allah doesn't love it
And by corollary, everything that exists Allah must love. Nice that Allah sees fit to love hate, bigotry, and suffering.

Last edited:

Bird123

The first part, no. God isn't an actual person. I use the word for convenience. I found a pattern that every person I know in person, religion, and every person here perception and definition of god mirrors a trait(s) humans have, want to have, or find distasteful. I haven't heard of a characteristic of a being that has it's own unique characteristics. Humans are not aliens to each other; so, we share characteristics from one extent to another because we are all human. I would think a being would have some characteristics that are unique to that or those beings. I haven't heard one yet.

Since they are a mirror of human characteristics, when I read the Bible, Quran, Sutra, and so forth, I learn more about humanity not about god(s). I learn more about who they are, what they want, their status with each other, and basically the need to understand the unknown and how they express it whether by analogy or history.

Emotional belief, yes (now that I think of it). People's wants (want for everlasting life), needs (want to live forever and be rid of sickness etc), motivations (the want/need for love), hate (the personification and attributes of satan and hand its influence rather than seeing negative consequences a reaction from karma/life itself (cause and affect)) rather than from a being of some sort.

No. Imagination is creating something that doesn't exist. Our wants, needs, motivations, and hates (our emotions and traits of our psyche) do exist. We didn't make it up. A lot of people in real life don't want to die. Others are mad at life (god) because within it, we have sickness and death. Others learn from death because they see it as a passage to everlasting life without the burden of this life.

It's a natural way of projecting what we don't know and things we feel onto an "other." That, and it's natural to refer to emotions when we externalize them to a person. Hence, why I understand the role of Jesus because it "makes human" who god is to people (as mentioned above) rather than just going on faith. It's a physical assurance of wants/needs/motivations etc. Another word for an having an idol because we want to be "like them."

Not imagination it just has to do with the psyche.

:herb: I'll use a personal example. I do hope you read this post in full. Take your time.

I believe in the Spirits, my ancestors, and souls of the decease on earth of kin, humanity, history, and people of heritage. I also hold in full Buddhist morals and teachings. The Buddha taught that what we perceive comes from the mind. I believe that one hundred percent.

So, I have literally experienced the Spirits and have literally "heard" my grandmothers talk with me. I also accept that if this is from my mind, it is natural and I find solace in interacting with my mind's perception of the Spirits and family in this way. I wish I was wrong and my family actually does exist in Spirit but I have to realize that we cannot characterize the unknown. If we did, we would "know god" and we don't. So, I accept and became comfortable with characterizing the unknown from the perceptions I receive from my mind. Whether it's true or not, I stopped analyzing it. I just go with the flow. If I wasted my time, I can't tell because it helps me.

It helps a lot of people to know god(s) exists in one way or another. I just hope that they realize these are method of our human psyche to deal with what we don't understand. I feel when we know that, we understand ourselves more as well as god/life. We understand how we relate to god and when we do that, we live in god better. We find ways to personify him with acknowledging that that is what we are doing and saying "that is okay. This is what helps me."

That is another reason why people have sacred scripture. It confirms what their psyche says but they feel is external. It's an external confirmation of an internal means of dealing with life or knowing god/life.

It's completely healthy. Imagination isn't a bad word, but since motivations, wants, needs, etc actually exist, I wouldn't call it imagination. It's just pure psychological and physiological needs to understand life. If it means we need a personification of life (god) that's alright.

I just hope that people are healthy with it and not press their beliefs on others.

I think you search for God through religion, however you are right. Religion is not about God at all. Religion is mankind's attempt to understand God. Further, like with all actions, they reflect those taking those actions. One learns more about people in the process. Good observation. Perhaps, the only way to truly discover God is through God's actions.

I do not understand why you stopped analyzing your thoughts. Were you trying to control them through acceptance? What were you afraid of?

We are Spiritual beings in our true natures. I do have direct experience to this separate from the possibility of thinking this into existence. I do make the assumption that if I am then everyone must be. It would not make sense to be only me.

I have always been a student of truth even when I do not like or agree with that truth. Since everyone wants to rule the world, many prefer their view of the world rather than what actually is. This is prevalent with the emotional security that you speak of with religion and beliefs.

Perhaps one must decide which is more important: Truth or Control. I pick truth.

One last thought: I think whenever one stops analyzing and questioning in favor of accepting, one stops searching for anything including knowledge and truth. Personally, I will always strive to be that hungry student.

Bird123

Or one can concluded that no being was involved at all. :shrug:

Assuming that such a god exists and is in charge, looking at the current state of humanity I'd have to say this unconditional love of god is a strange love indeed. One that finds it Best to let people wallow in starvation and suffering. One that finds it Best to let its innocent children struggle and die from disease and genetic defects. One that finds it Best to cripple half the population with sub-par intelligence. One that finds it Best to let it's creatures kill each other on the streets and in wars. On that finds it Best to not give those who will commit suicide the wherewithal to cope. Yeah, this god with its unconditional love is a strange duck indeed. Hate to see what a god who lacked such "love" would have created.

And by corollary, everything that exists Allah must love. Nice that Allah sees fit to love hate, bigotry, and suffering.

Strange duck indeed. Assuming the high intelligence needed to create the universe that runs so well, one can thereby assume the answers run beyond the surface of things. After all, how much of the universe is still not completely understood?

I know it is human nature to want everything roses, however what is accomplished without challenges. With a God's capability to create us all eternal, does what happens as far as comfort in the few years of physical life really more important than the end results?

Perhaps with our limited view and limited depth of thinking, one does not fully understand it all. Perhaps, this poses a challenge to figure out how it does all fit and can be considered Unconditional Love. It's so easy to value hurt more, however how are things changed through what happens?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I remember when I almost got hit by a car. The Spirits pushed me back on my right shoulder and I almost fell backwards. The first thing I did was called my friend and told her (since my grandmothers just passed then within that year) that the first thing I thought of was "thank you grandmothers." Then, I told my friend that it couldn't have been them, maybe I'm analyzing it too much. She tells me "don't think about it." She meant, it happened. It was real. When we analyze the truth sometimes we become over analytical and talk ourselves out of what happens in real life because we are so trained (in America) to think that everything that is real should be what we experience with our five senses. Many cultures don't even think in terms of separating religion with life. Religion is the action of living one's faith. It's what we do to live the faith we believe in. So, I thank the Spirits daily. That's my religion. It's what I do.

I accept that it could be psychological since everything we experience comes from or is interpreted from our minds. That's a fact. What we consider as truth is based on what we experience, how we are raised, what we learned, and so forth. The knowledge isn't alienated from our experiences as we grow older. It's part of the wisdom we develop.

Acceptance is not analyzing what we know is true/fact. I know for a fact that my ancestors exist and protect me. If I think about it, started trying to figure out how it's wrong, and debate about it, I can mentally talk myself out of believing it but as soon as something happens, they make themselves known and I can't deny it. So, I accept it. They are a part of me.

That's what I mean by acceptance.

What do you mean by "controlling them by acceptance"?​

I think you search for God through religion, however you are right. Religion is not about God at all. Religion is mankind's attempt to understand God. Further, like with all actions, they reflect those taking those actions. One learns more about people in the process. Good observation. Perhaps, the only way to truly discover God is through God's actions.

I do not understand why you stopped analyzing your thoughts. Were you trying to control them through acceptance? What were you afraid of?

We are Spiritual beings in our true natures. I do have direct experience to this separate from the possibility of thinking this into existence. I do make the assumption that if I am then everyone must be. It would not make sense to be only me.

I have always been a student of truth even when I do not like or agree with that truth. Since everyone wants to rule the world, many prefer their view of the world rather than what actually is. This is prevalent with the emotional security that you speak of with religion and beliefs.

Perhaps one must decide which is more important: Truth or Control. I pick truth.

One last thought: I think whenever one stops analyzing and questioning in favor of accepting, one stops searching for anything including knowledge and truth. Personally, I will always strive to be that hungry student.

God is through religion. How can you find god (or learn about life) if you are not doing anything to know god? How can you learn about god or life while doing nothing? Religion is a lifestyle. It's who you are not just what you do. When you become one with your actions, then there is no such thing as separation between religion and self. It's just a convenient word for a spiritual lifestyle. I don't live off of believes but on things I know are true. The only way I can experience these things is by acting: giving offerings, doing things in the name of my family, attending to my well-being, mentally not just physically, and knowing myself as well as life/god.

The best way I can do that is learning about how I think and perceive things. How we think influences how we act. What is wrong with saying spirituality is from our psyche?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Yes i believe true love is unconditional, so if there is such thing as a god, then yes he or she would have to love unconditional.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Strange duck indeed. Assuming the high intelligence needed to create the universe that runs so well, one can thereby assume the answers run beyond the surface of things. After all, how much of the universe is still not completely understood?

I know it is human nature to want everything roses, however what is accomplished without challenges. With a God's capability to create us all eternal, does what happens as far as comfort in the few years of physical life really more important than the end results?

Perhaps with our limited view and limited depth of thinking, one does not fully understand it all. Perhaps, this poses a challenge to figure out how it does all fit and can be considered Unconditional Love. It's so easy to value hurt more, however how are things changed through what happens?
Don't forget I based my post on the presumption that this kind of god exists. Don't want to regard god as a god of unconditional love? Fine, you have no problem, but if you do, if.... you.... doooo, then you've got a lot of fast tap dancing to do reconciling his unconditional love with the state of humanity.

Bird123

I remember when I almost got hit by a car. The Spirits pushed me back on my right shoulder and I almost fell backwards. The first thing I did was called my friend and told her (since my grandmothers just passed then within that year) that the first thing I thought of was "thank you grandmothers." Then, I told my friend that it couldn't have been them, maybe I'm analyzing it too much. She tells me "don't think about it." She meant, it happened. It was real. When we analyze the truth sometimes we become over analytical and talk ourselves out of what happens in real life because we are so trained (in America) to think that everything that is real should be what we experience with our five senses. Many cultures don't even think in terms of separating religion with life. Religion is the action of living one's faith. It's what we do to live the faith we believe in. So, I thank the Spirits daily. That's my religion. It's what I do.

I accept that it could be psychological since everything we experience comes from or is interpreted from our minds. That's a fact. What we consider as truth is based on what we experience, how we are raised, what we learned, and so forth. The knowledge isn't alienated from our experiences as we grow older. It's part of the wisdom we develop.

Acceptance is not analyzing what we know is true/fact. I know for a fact that my ancestors exist and protect me. If I think about it, started trying to figure out how it's wrong, and debate about it, I can mentally talk myself out of believing it but as soon as something happens, they make themselves known and I can't deny it. So, I accept it. They are a part of me.

That's what I mean by acceptance.

What do you mean by "controlling them by acceptance"?​

God is through religion. How can you find god (or learn about life) if you are not doing anything to know god? How can you learn about god or life while doing nothing? Religion is a lifestyle. It's who you are not just what you do. When you become one with your actions, then there is no such thing as separation between religion and self. It's just a convenient word for a spiritual lifestyle. I don't live off of believes but on things I know are true. The only way I can experience these things is by acting: giving offerings, doing things in the name of my family, attending to my well-being, mentally not just physically, and knowing myself as well as life/god.

The best way I can do that is learning about how I think and perceive things. How we think influences how we act. What is wrong with saying spirituality is from our psyche?

The way I see it. We are Spiritual beings learning in a physical world because of the causal nature of this world. That is necessary for learning. I see religion and God as entirely different things. Our duty in life is to learn and grow. It is not necessary to even learn or know God. Some choose to out of the need to know. I see what you say by people living their religion. On the other hand I see people brainwashed and controlled by religion which limits their abilities to grow.

Clearly, with the diversity of this world, there are a lot of variables. I think it is important to always strive to learn and grow toward truth and knowledge rather than focus on what feels good emotionally to us. What would life be without emotions, but I think it is very very important to always lead with our intellect. Further, I see interaction as important to everyone's learning. I think it is wrong to avoid interaction with others simply because there might be some Drama. Think about it. Much of what is learned happens around some kind of Drama, just give them a Hug when the dust settles. How many people in life do you love enough to go through Drama for them???

Bird123

Yes i believe true love is unconditional, so if there is such thing as a god, then yes he or she would have to love unconditional.

Yes, you are right. We would do anything for True Love. It is Unconditional. It is Glorious!! God has to be Unconditional Love.

Bird123

Don't forget I based my post on the presumption that this kind of god exists. Don't want to regard god as a god of unconditional love? Fine, you have no problem, but if you do, if.... you.... doooo, then you've got a lot of fast tap dancing to do reconciling his unconditional love with the state of humanity.

Yes, you are right. Even with the state of humanity and this world totally based on God's actions. I see it as Unconditional Love. To understand this one needs a much Larger View of things. There is a lot going on.