• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslim Disloyalty to America

gnomon

This one watches the Packers on Fox.

The Packers aren't America's Team!:D In football that would be the Cowboys.

Anyway, the Packers better beat Chicago and then go on to win the Super Bowl after beating my Falcons as if Atlanta was just a junior varsity squad.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Sites called "Islamwatch", "creepingsharia" and another sarcastically calling it "thereligionofpeace" are objective sources? Or the other one which has the title "Exposing One Muslim’s Blatant Distortions of the Facts"?
Agreed. There is little point in linking to such sites. You may, however, find the two links I provided worthy of perusal.

Reactions: kai

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
ppɐʇɹnɯ;2324011 said:
Naturally they would say it is "extremist". If they are a little less intelligent, then it is only because they have been conditioned & brainwashed to the point of viewing everything thru tunnel vision. It's like Plato's allegory of the Cave, i.e. some people have been conditioned to believe a certain way, and if someone tells them the way it really is, they go beserk.

Ah.
So any Muslim who disagrees with you is brainwashed?
Thank you for revealing your ratified anti-Muslim agenda.

McBell

ppɐʇɹnɯ;2324011 said:
fabricating extremist propaganda to suit their own interests.
The only difference between them and you is that so far you are merely using some one else's propaganda to ratify your own bias and prejudice.

ppɐʇɹnɯ;2324011 said:
I already have, and I posted numerous links. Links which provide an objective view of Taqiyya and its role in all forms of Islam (don't you always say there's only "one" Islam anyways?). Nothing is preventing you from clicking on them except perhaps your narrowmindedness.
Why would I bother to go to sites that have been confirmed to be anti-Muslim and full of flat out lies?
I mean seriously, if all you can offer in support of your claims is agenda filled anti-Muslim propaganda, why should anyone even take you seriously?

ppɐʇɹnɯ;2324011 said:
There is nothing deceptive about exposing Islamic deception. And I am a former Muslim because I am someone who actually understands what Islam "is".
Based upon your posts thus far, I find that you are one of the least reliable sources of Islam.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Radical religious extremists of any ilk are capable of terrible acts in the name of their particular god or religion. This includes radical Muslims, or course, and I'd be a fool burying my head in the sand if I couldn't see that radical Islamic beliefs and practices in some parts of the world today are wreaking havoc.

Every dog has his day. Radical Christian beliefs have wreaked havoc in societies in the past. Some other wacko interpretation of religious tenets will rise in the future and wreak some more. Radical atheistic regimes killed more people in the 20th century than even seems humanly possible.

See the key word there? RADICAL. That means simply that these beliefs - and the people holding them - are not the mainstream. They are not representative of the majority of those who also claim some of the same tenets as the BASIS for their personal beliefs and practices.

To paraphrase the words of Jesus, "The radicals are with us always." To refuse to acknowledge their presence out of some sort of sense of political correctness can be very harmful.

But to assume that all followers of any particular belief system share the radicals' interpretation is also harmful.

It's a balancing act and takes mental discipline, but it's easier when we ask ourselves this:

Do we really want to be judged by the fringe elements of our own belief systems? If not, then we shouldn't be quick to judge and categorize either.

McBell

Radical religious extremists of any ilk are capable of terrible acts in the name of their particular god or religion. This includes radical Muslims, or course, and I'd be a fool burying my head in the sand if I couldn't see that radical Islamic beliefs and practices in some parts of the world today are wreaking havoc.

Every dog has his day. Radical Christian beliefs have wreaked havoc in societies in the past. Some other wacko interpretation of religious tenets will rise in the future and wreak some more. Radical atheistic regimes killed more people in the 20th century than even seems humanly possible.

See the key word there? RADICAL. That means simply that these beliefs - and the people holding them - are not the mainstream. They are not representative of the majority of those who also claim some of the same tenets as the BASIS for their personal beliefs and practices.

To paraphrase the words of Jesus, "The radicals are with us always." To refuse to acknowledge their presence out of some sort of sense of political correctness can be very harmful.

But to assume that all followers of any particular belief system share the radicals' interpretation is also harmful.

It's a balancing act and takes mental discipline, but it's easier when we ask ourselves this:

Do we really want to be judged by the fringe elements of our own belief systems? If not, then we shouldn't be quick to judge and categorize either.
OH, I do not deny that there are groups of Muslims who fit into ppɐʇɹnɯ's category of Muslim.
However, based upon my personal experience with actual inter action with several different Mosques in my area, I have to say that ppɐʇɹnɯ is attempting to present the exception as the rule.

Of course, I am awaiting for him to start in about Muslims that are not in America.
It will show his desperation.

The Packers aren't America's Team!:D In football that would be the Cowboys.

:eek: You mean, everyone doesn't bleed green and gold?

Anyway, the Packers better beat Chicago and then go on to win the Super Bowl after beating my Falcons as if Atlanta was just a junior varsity squad.

I can only hope! I'm currently in exile in Minnesota and have had a grand time mocking the traitor and Vikings fans all season. It won't be good for me if we fall to the bears.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Agreed. There is little point in linking to such sites. You may, however, find the two links I provided worthy of perusal.

Thanks for posting them. I have read some of the first link, but haven't finished it yet. What i understand its a shia Muslim trying to explain the concept, and arguing that its found in both sources. It does seem worth the read, so i'll read them both.