• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Multistate holograms actually have a use now

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
You all know what a hologram is, they are present throughout science fiction, typically representing a computer. We are nowhere near holograms that complex, but we still have them. The only really useful ones are single state holograms, which have a single image on them. They are highly useful for security on credit cards, software etc.
Now they have a use on medicine.
A company called Smart Holograms has invented a new type of hologram which swells based on outside conditions. The conditions used can vary from alcohol level, to fuel purity. They all currently involve water. This will make things such as blood tests much easier and simpler.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
If I am not mistaken, those are all single state holograms. Multistate has rarely been used for anything really useful (I am sure there are some, but this is the first, big, mass marketable one)
I believe you are right.
I was not intending to take away from what you presented.
I was just showing that there are people thinking that holograms will be useful int he medical field.
Though To my knowledge it has not been implemented much as of yet.

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
I believe you are right.
I was not intending to take away from what you presented.
I was just showing that there are people thinking that holograms will be useful int he medical field.
Though To my knowledge it has not been implemented much as of yet.
Next 60 years will be interesting
We are in a new tech boom. Lets hope we don't blow ourselves up before we can use nanowires.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Next 60 years will be interesting
We are in a new tech boom. Lets hope we don't blow ourselves up before we can use nanowires.
:sad4:
Can't at least a few get blown up?
sulkoff.gif