• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Move the Agnostics DIR?

Should the Agnostics DIR be moved out of the Non-Theists/Non-Religious DIR

• Yes- and I would use the Agnostics DIR

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Yes- this is a good idea

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • No- things are fine the way they are

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Don't know/Not sure

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

idav

Being
Premium Member
Its the best information I've got. Even if you split up that option, its still a lot of atheists/agnostics/irreligious people. I was under the impression that group might be in the top 3 with Christians and Muslims, so maybe I'd expect that group to have a 20-30% share. Its a little concerning that its nearly 50%.
It's the data we have but the presentation distorts it. To put it another way, for me to had voted on on the poll you mentioned, which I didn't, I would have had to pick UU to avoid choosing irreligious. I wouldn't exactly call myself not religious.

Laika

Premium Member
It's the data we have but the presentation distorts it. To put it another way, for me to had voted on on the poll you mentioned, which I didn't, I would have had to pick UU to avoid choosing irreligious. I wouldn't exactly call myself not religious.

fair enough. I did vote but as "other" as even though I'm an atheist, its in the same way a Buddhist is an atheist. its not the defining aspect of my beliefs even if it is part of them.

idav

Being
Premium Member
fair enough. I did vote but as "other" as even though I'm an atheist, its in the same way a Buddhist is an atheist. its not the defining aspect of my beliefs even if it is part of them.
There is also the number of atheists in here. but I can't really say, might be agnostics in disguise.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
There is also the number of atheists in here. but I can't really say, might be agnostics in disguise.
That's right! We're inscrutable, and all look (and sound) alike! Hah! We'll never relinquish our determined fence-sitting on this issue! Theists and Atheists both be like, hey you guys, you can't have a third team, because that makes us...well...nervous...:confused::mad:o_O:p:D:eek::rolleyes:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Good idea. I voted: Yes- and I would use the Agnostics DIR
For what purpose?
That's still my question.
I personally don't care. The staff can add another layer to the bureaucracy if it makes sense to them.
I haven't found reason to bother with any DIR. So far.
Tom

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
I voted "yes, it would be a good idea." I'm not sure I'd use the new DIR however, as I see the question of deity/non-deity as not very useful. Your mileage may vary.

crossfire

Premium Member
Do we have any militant agnostics {"I don't know, and neither do you!"} in need of their own space?

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
For what purpose?
That's still my question.
I personally don't care. The staff can add another layer to the bureaucracy if it makes sense to them.
I haven't found reason to bother with any DIR. So far.
Tom
For more interesting conversations about religion than are possible in the non-theist DIR.

crossfire

Premium Member
I border on militant, at least.
I don't like DIR. Bring it on!
Tom
I like DIRs. They are places suitable for more focused discussion for those who supposedly are familiar with the subject at hand.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I like DIRs. They are places suitable for more focused discussion for those who supposedly are familiar with the subject at hand.
I understand that perfectly for religious people. They have all kinds of odd beliefs.
Nontheists and political ideologues, not so much.
Tom