• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most recent cases and deaths of Covid-19 are unvaccinated.

Suave

Simulated character
Almost all COVID cases now occurring in those not vaccinated studies show | wwltv.com

Almost all COVID cases now occurring in those not vaccinated studies show

New, emerging science shows there is a reason for vaccinated people to be optimistic about getting back to normal, but not as much for the unvaccinated.

NEW ORLEANS — COVID-19 cases, deaths and hospitalizations are going down across the country. In fact, the case rate is the lowest it's been in nearly a year.

That may sound like good news, but it's only good news for some.

New, emerging science shows there is a reason for vaccinated people to be optimistic about getting back to normal, but not as much for the unvaccinated.

Let's start with the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio.

Its study finds 99.75 percent of the patients this year who had to be hospitalized, sick with COVID, were not fully vaccinated. And of the employees who tested positive for the virus, 99.7 percent had not gotten the vaccine.

But among those who got the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, it was more than 96 percent effective in protecting them from getting COVID-19.

Now let's look at some states. Unvaccinated people in states such as Colorado, Maine, Rhode Island and Washington are having high infection spikes similar to the winter surge. Similarly, the African-American community in Washington D.C. is where 80 percent of that city's new cases are showing up, because of lower vaccination rates. And in some states there is still a steady death rate, but only among the unvaccinated. In Maryland the risk of going to the hospital if you’ve been infected, is going up if you're not vaccinated, possibly due to the variants that are spreading.

So we wanted to know where Louisiana stands, but the state does not post infections or hospitalizations by vaccine status. So according to LCMC which runs six local hospitals, the people coming into hospital emergency rooms with COVID are typically the unvaccinated. Very few who got the shot come in and have to be admitted, and if they do, their cases are mild.

So doctors say the bottom line is things are getting safer for the vaccinated, that's the reason overall numbers are going down, but the unvaccinated are still at risk and getting the wrong safety message.

Another concern doctors have is that new variants will be created in people who are not vaccinated and that the vaccine can not protect against.

Important breaking news update! June 10 (Reuters) - Preliminary findings from two vaccine safety monitoring systems suggest a higher-than-expected number of cases of heart inflammation after the second dose of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines in young men, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said on Thursday.

CDC says heart inflammation cases in ages 16 to 24 higher than expected after second vaccine shot – Breaking News Day

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Important breaking news update! June 10 (Reuters) - Preliminary findings from two vaccine safety monitoring systems suggest a higher-than-expected number of cases of heart inflammation after the second dose of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines in young men, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said on Thursday.

CDC says heart inflammation cases in ages 16 to 24 higher than expected after second vaccine shot – Breaking News Day
Here's what the CDC actually said:
COVID-19 VaST Technical Report May 17, 2021 | CDC
VaST concluded that there are relatively few reports of myocarditis to date and that these cases seem to occur:

• predominantly in adolescents and young adults,
  • more often in males than females,
  • more often following dose 2 than dose 1, and
  • typically within 4 days after vaccination.
Most cases appear to be mild, and follow-up of cases is ongoing.

Within CDC safety monitoring systems, rates of myocarditis reports in the window following COVID-19 vaccination have not differed from expected baseline rates. However, VaST members felt that information about reports of myocarditis should be communicated to providers.

VaST discussed:
So, not higher than expected but rather "rates..have not differed from expected baseline rates."

Suave

Simulated character
Here's what the CDC actually said:
COVID-19 VaST Technical Report May 17, 2021 | CDC

So, not higher than expected but rather "rates..have not differed from expected baseline rates."

Here is the most recent data:
There were 283 observed cases of heart inflammation after the second vaccine dose in those aged 16 to 24 in the VAERS data. That compares with expectations of 10-to-102 cases for that age range based on U.S. population background incidence rates, the CDC said.

Heart inflammation in young men higher than expected after Pfizer, Moderna vaccines -U.S. CDC

Suave

Simulated character
It was the link to the CDC provided by your source.
My bad. I have now sourced the most up to date available information regarding increase risk of heart inflammation for young adult men who have received their second dose of an mRNA C.O.V.I.D-19 vaccine.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Here is the most recent data:
There were 283 observed cases of heart inflammation after the second vaccine dose in those aged 16 to 24 in the VAERS data. That compares with expectations of 10-to-102 cases for that age range based on U.S. population background incidence rates, the CDC said.

Heart inflammation in young men higher than expected after Pfizer, Moderna vaccines -U.S. CDC
To get this in perspective, how many people in this age range have received 2 doses of these 2 vaccines?

These numbers give us no idea of risk without that.

Given that 130 million people have had these vaccines in the US, I would think there must be some millions of people in the age group in question. (300 would be 0.01% of 3 million, for instance.)

Suave

Simulated character
To get this in perspective, how many people in this age range have received 2 doses of these 2 vaccines?

These numbers give us no idea of risk without that.

Given that 130 million people have had these vaccines in the US, I would think there must be some millions of people in the age group in question. (300 would be 0.01% of 3 million, for instance.)

I could not find nationwide data regarding mRNA COVID-19 vaccination distribution by age; however, in California as of June 8th, about 10 percent of people ages 12-17 have been fully vaccinations.
Coronavirus: Vaccination percentages by age in Southern California counties and tier assignments as of June 8 – Daily Bulletin

Assuming that rate happens to be the case for people ages 16 to 24 nationwide, then that would mean about 3 million Americans ages 18 to 24 have now been fully vaccinated.

Per CDC data, the C.O.V.I.D.-19 infection fatality rate for young adults is about 0.003 percent.

https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisional-COVID-19-Deaths-by-Sex-and-Age/9bhg-hcku

C.O.V.I.D.-19's 0.003 percent infection fatality rate among young adults is far less than the heart inflammation rate of 0.01 percent among young adult males having been vaccinated by a C.O.V.I.D.-19 mRNA vaccine.

Because young adult men may have a nearly 30 times greater chance of getting heart inflammation by a C.O.V.I.D-19 mRNA vaccine than being killed by C.O.V.I.D.-19, they might wish to reconsider having to get vaccinated at a young adult age.

Last edited:

exchemist

Veteran Member
I could not find nationwide data regarding mRNA COVID-19 vaccination distribution by age; however, in California as of June 8th, about 10 percent of people ages 12-17 have been fully vaccinations.
Coronavirus: Vaccination percentages by age in Southern California counties and tier assignments as of June 8 – Daily Bulletin

Assuming that rate happens to be the case for people ages 16 to 24 nationwide, then that would mean about 3 million Americans ages 18 to 24 have now been fully vaccinated.

Per CDC data, the C.O.V.I.D.-19 infection fatality rate for young adults is about 0.003 percent.

https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisional-COVID-19-Deaths-by-Sex-and-Age/9bhg-hcku

C.O.V.I.D.-19's 0.003 percent infection fatality rate among young adults is far less than the heart inflammation rate of 0.01 percent among young adult males having been vaccinated by a C.O.V.I.D.-19 mRNA vaccine.

Because young adult men may have a nearly 30 times greater chance of getting heart inflammation by a C.O.V.I.D-19 mRNA vaccine than being killed by C.O.V.I.D.-19, they might wish to reconsider having to get vaccinated at a young adult age.
Not really. Almost all cases of this heart inflammation are mild and short term. Unlike death from Covid.

To make a rational choice, a person needs to compare the risks of death of both, or of long term ill health due to both.

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Not really. Almost all cases of this heart inflammation are mild and short term. Unlike death from Covid.

To make a rational choice, a person needs to compare the risks of death of both, or of long term ill health due to both.

. . . and many cases with common permanent heart, lung and brain damage.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Not necessary ALL posts subject to response by whomever wishes to respond.
Dude, you are incredibly difficult to even attempt to communicate with. I don't know how much more simply I can put it. You thought I was responding to you about something, when I was talking to someone else. It's okay to admit you made a mistake.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Dude, you are incredibly difficult to even attempt to communicate with. I don't know how much more simply I can put it. You thought I was responding to you about something, when I was talking to someone else. It's okay to admit you made a mistake.

Not necessary ALL posts subject to response by whomever wishes to respond.