• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most People are Good

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!

-Luke Bryan

Lyrics:
I believe kids oughta stay kids
As long as they can
Turn off the screen, go climb a tree
Get dirt on their hands
I believe we gotta forgive and make amends
'Cause nobody gets a second chance
To make new old friends
I believe in working hard for what you've got
Even if it don't add up to a hell of a lot
I believe most people are good
And most Mama's oughta qualify for sainthood
I believe most Friday nights
Look better under neon or stadium lights
I believe you love who you love
Ain't nothing you should ever be ashamed of
I believe this world ain't half as bad as it looks
I believe them streets of gold
Are worth the work
But I'd still wanna go
Even if they were paved in dirt
I believe that youth is spent well on the young
'Cause wisdom in your teens
Would be a lot less fun
I believe if you just go by the nightly news
Your faith in all mankind
Would be the first thing you lose
I believe that days go slow
And years go fast
And every breath's a gift
The first one to the last

PureX

Veteran Member
Mmmm ... yes and no. Most people are good when it's easy, and it's obvious. But when it gets hard, or difficult to discern, most people will not struggle through to try and get it right. They'll do whatever is expedient and forget about it as soon as possible.

Daemon Sophic

Mmmm ... yes and no. Most people are good when it's easy, and it's obvious. But when it gets hard, or difficult to discern, most people will not struggle through to try and get it right. They'll do whatever is expedient and forget about it as soon as possible.
I believe that is a little too harsh.
Nobody believes that they are evil. But that is irrelevant to this discussion.

The vast majority of humanity actually tries to be good, and goes out of their way to be good/polite/respectful of others. Even southerners in the US who have supported GOP scum for the entirety of their adult lives, would likely be generous and kind toward even some unemployed, flagrantly gay, vegan liberal who wandered onto their property.

While it is true that people will protect their own first over all others, frankly, outside of a warzone most people never get shoved into that sort of situation of having to make harsh or even cruel decisions.

All that said, given time and closed-off groups of likeminded yet good people, there will almost always be some power-hungry ****-head who will use the ignorance of the crowd to play upon their fears in order to unify them under his/her command.
And history has repeatedly shown that the easiest way to do that is to find some scapegoat person or group to blame for all of his new subjects’ fears, and focus their anger upon. :facepalm:
But luckily, those ****-head “leaders” are not most people.

I.e. - Most people are good. But they are also mostly ignorant, and therefore easily misled.:shrug:

PureX

Veteran Member
But luckily, those ****-head “leaders” are not most people.

I.e. - Most people are good. But they are also mostly ignorant, and therefore easily misled.:shrug:
Unfortunately, history also shows us that "most people" go along with those **** heads and will punish the 'scapegoats' their being handed, or allow them to be punished, when their own lives have become difficult. And by difficult, it's almost always a combination of economic stress, and feeling humiliated/disrespected, socially or culturally.

Daemon Sophic

Unfortunately, history also shows us that "most people" go along with those **** heads and will punish the 'scapegoats' their being handed, or allow them to be punished, when their own lives have become difficult. And by difficult, it's almost always a combination of economic stress, and feeling humiliated/disrespected, socially or culturally.
Then we are in agreement. :) :rolleyes: :oops: :(