• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most here attack or defend. Are there any that just seek God.

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
Go inside that mind. See the misery and desolation and disappointment. The constant cursing at circumstance and the loss of his life.

The beauty within.

That's not what I meant at all.
Regards
DL

What about his innocence and his love for his family and others. I find those things beautiful and it is because I see those in him and in every child that I want to help them, to preserve that innocence and love, thus I want to help this starving child because I know the beauty of love exists within him and I feel it would be a terrible tragedy for him to die before having the chance to truly share that love with others. If I did not see the beauty of the love or innocence within him I would not want to help him but instead would be repulsed by him or be completely apathetic.

This is just the way I see things. The picture itself is an awful sight. But I am not just seeing the picture or the starving child in the picture. I am seeing the love and innocence that lives inside that child which deserves a chance to be shared. I see the life within him that deserves to be lived. As a result I want to help him so he can have a chance to do those very things.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Thanks for this.

I have never seen an imperfect baby. I have seen ugly and ugly cannot be beautiful at the same time. This is ugly. Ugly is Evil.

Don't misunderstand. I do not disagree with your moral nature. it is exemplary.

I disagree with your political nature and from a pure animal with feelings and emotion should abhor the fact that anyone could even have the opportunity to take such a scene that that should overcome all other thoughts of beauty.

From a purely political point of view you have to pretend that you are behind that camera and you then have to walk away and let whatever, whatever.

You not I would not and should not do such. Spiritually we can and have to walk away but politically we cannot. Not only must it be an ugly we will not stand but also a stink we shall not endure.

Regards
DL

Very well, you disagree. Fair enough.

I don't believe in "should" or "should not"; in my experience, "the way things should be" is often the opposite of "the way things actually are".

I've given up being an idealist.

EDIT: You are, for once, right in that I just let things happen. Does that mean I "want" to? News flash: I'm lazy! If I can barely get up at a reasonable hour while procrastinating until the last minute on my homework (and finding a job), what makes you think that I'd have the capabilities to buy a multi-thousand plane ticket to Africa, find every single village with starving children, and give each and every single one of them enough food to last them for a generation?

Last edited:

Theocan

I came here to have a better understanding of God or some supreme being. When I see a certain issue addressed (usually political) I'll debate it. But when it comes to religious debates, I usually present a topic or issue and watch people debate because I want to see what people with more knowledge of their own religion have to say.

Greatest I am

I came here to have a better understanding of God or some supreme being. When I see a certain issue addressed (usually political) I'll debate it. But when it comes to religious debates, I usually present a topic or issue and watch people debate because I want to see what people with more knowledge of their own religion have to say.

Of the Gods you have judged, who's on first and whose on second?

Regards
DL

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Not over.

I tink it may be an inherent desire for equality. Both for the giver to discard and the given to gain.

Not a bad place.

Regards
DL

*sigh* ok.. we'll try yet again

What makes you think an "ugly" person wants sympathy, whereas a "beautiful" person wants it either less or doesn't want it at all?

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Hang on, weren't we talking about sympathy?

Giving someone a hug, while it may be an act of sympathy in some cases, is
1) not always appropriate
2) not always out of sympathy.

Why do you insist on making the distinction between an "ugly" and "beautiful" person as to whether or not they want sympathy?

Greatest I am

Hang on, weren't we talking about sympathy?

Giving someone a hug, while it may be an act of sympathy in some cases, is
1) not always appropriate
2) not always out of sympathy.

Why do you insist on making the distinction between an "ugly" and "beautiful" person as to whether or not they want sympathy?

Why do you not see the distinction? It is there. So is the sympathy.

Regards
DL