• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Most beautiful park in your city?

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
What is the most beautiful park in your city?

In Sarajevo, the most beautiful park is without a doubt the Vrelo Bosne. Vrelo describes the springs from which a river is born, in this case the Bosne (Bosnia) river - hence, Vrelo Bosne.

It's both a park and a national historic site. Vrelo Bosne is, metaphorically speaking, seen as as the "spring of birth" of Bosnia as a country. It's a favorite place for weddings and summer afternoons. There are areas for hiking, areas for dining, areas for fishing, areas for swimming - everything you need in a city park.

The park is connected to the city by a 3-kilometer long paved pathway. You can either walk to the park, ride a bike, or hire a horse and carriage.

Immediately inside the park are the facilities, including restaurants and wedding reception halls, children's playgrounds, and that sort of thing.

Then you get into the beginning of the trails along the beginning of the Bosnia river.

And then you get into the beautiful springs themselves...

Booko

Deviled Hen
That would have to be Stone Mountain Park:

http://cache.eb.com/eb/image?id=66860

(I don't know why the pic above turns into a link, but it's the best pic out there.)

granite_large.jpg

Although some people like Centennial 'Olympic Park:

LARGE.jpg

It's fun to run through the fountains in summer, but it's a bit too much hardscaping for my tastes.

Stone Mountain Park is huge and there's a lot of space to hike.

It's like a Sunday tradition to hike up and down the mountain (which is really a huge old volcanic hot spot). There are other activities there as well, like the skylift, water slides, historical exhibits, golf course, swimming, camping.

The Sunday brunch at the hotel is very nice too, whether you do the champagne or not.

The Highland Games are there once a year, the Yellow Daisy Festival (a particular native flower) and there's at least one Civil War Reenactment each year, it seems.

standing_alone

The most beautiful park in my city would probably have to be Silver Creek Park. It's somewhat "woodsy," has a creek (named Silver unsurprisingly enough), is on Lake Michigan, has a big hill that is great for sledding in the winter, and a frisbee/disc golf course. It is also right next to an Army Reserve Center, so at some parts of the park, especially along the course, you get to see some of the parked Army vehicles (through the fence of course), but nothing real cool.

Hole12Brg.jpg

Here is a view of a little bridge that goes over the creek and the creek going into "the Lake" along with what appears to be some children frisbee/disc golfers (you don't typically want to get stuck behind them when frisbee/disc golfing).

hole4.jpg

Some random shot.

*Two-in-One Picture!* The hill that is great for sledding that is, at the same time, the worst hole on the whole frisbee/disc golf course. Don't know who the person is but it appears he has some minor issue with his right knee.

ptbtrail.jpg

Some trail and two people.

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
Well, if I had to choose in my own town, I would choose Winstead Hill, because the view isn't half bad, and it's choc-full of historical stuff, which I love. The new nature trail is pretty cool, too.

Franklin24.jpg
winstead.jpg
The View

winstead1.jpg

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
Now if I could pick in a neighboring city, I would pick the Natchez Trace, more specifically, Jackson Falls, which is within the Trace. This is sooooo pretty, especially in the spring, summer and fall seasons. Makes for some good exploration, and very easy rock-climbing. Well, I think the rock climbing part might be illegal, but oh well.

Jackson%20Falls.jpg
Jackson%20Falls_1.jpg

trace%2022.jpg

There's a trail down to the falls, allowing for plenty of time to enjoy nature...I love it here!

Tigress

Working-Class W*nch.
Pt_Pelee_Marsh_Boardwalk.jpg

The boardwalk at Point Peelee National Park, here in Southern Ontario, Canada.

Click here for a closer look at 'The Point,' as we call her.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Hendricks Park on top a hill smack in the middle of Eugene is a favored park for biking, walking and relaxing. I think the total acreage is around 75.

hendricks.jpg

hendricks2.jpg

hendrickspark29.jpg

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
That would be the 1000 acre Stanley Park, located right in downtown Vancouver. It has always been a pleasure going down to the three beaches, tennis courts and the Vancouver Aquarium. It really is a showstopper. This place is BIG, as one can tell from this ariel shot.

10.jpg

This is a typical shot from the ground.

06_G.jpg

and one last one to spare the bandwidth, lol. This shot is the start of the seawall that circles the entire perimeter. Y'all really gotta come here and see my hometown, hehe.

IMG_720.JPG

When I fly home from visiting my mom, the seaplane flies right over the park and sets down a short distance away. It's always a nice "welcome back".

Booko

Deviled Hen
Ðanisty said:
Downtown Savannah was laid out in a grid. There are something like 20 historic squares downtown. Some of them have been "lost" and paved over, but most of them are still in tact and they are all beautiful.

I visited downtown Savannah last April for the first time and I can confirm just how beautiful those squares are. The whole downtown is very walkable, and it seems like one giant park. It's a beautiful city.

RevOxley_501

Booko said:
I visited downtown Savannah last April for the first time and I can confirm just how beautiful those squares are. The whole downtown is very walkable, and it seems like one giant park. It's a beautiful city.

i love savannah, but the cobblestones kill my feet

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
I've pieced together a video, cutting out all the "invest in Sarajevo" crap, of the Vrelo Bosne park.

I kept the city-wide panorama as an introduction, you'll like seeing how close the Mosques, Synagogues and Churches are - BEAUTIFUL shots of Cathedral of Jesus' Heart, by the way. And then it's VRELO BOSNE, as in my first post! (YAAAY!)

Are you ready for the most beautiful thing you'll ever see? Brace yourself...

30ht3le.jpg

33c6hbp.jpg

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
YmirGF said:
That would be the 1000 acre Stanley Park, located right in downtown Vancouver.

I took a friend from Seattle around Stanley Park on Christmas day . :) I have always liked Lord Stanley's park .

BTW the wind sure had it's way with the park eh ? :(

Oh , being in a small town , we don't have many large parks , but my favorite would be Scout Island . http://www.williamslake.ca/index.asp?p=40 I have taken many pictures of wildlife there .

eudaimonia

Fellowship of Reason
From Buffalo, NY, the city I spent most my life in, that would be Delaware Park.

delaware-photo.jpg

White_20Oak.jpg

These photos do not really do this park justice.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Kay

Towards the Sun
Utah has a depressing lack of beautiful city parks. We do, however, have many state parks that are amazing. Zion national park is my favorite.

Zion.JPG

Zion_Rocks_2002-01.jpg