• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Moses, Jesus , Muhammad and the rest..

Yerda

Veteran Member
Since we have to assume that the word of a certain person is infact being relayed straight from God, how are we to know it is the truth?

Could Jesus and company not have been nutters or simply liars? I know if any of my friends claimed to have spoken with God I would likely laugh. Why are people so sure the prophets were quoting divine sources?

One other point, does God not like women? He doesn't seem to speak to them very often.

hebrew

Well TruthSeekingSoul,

If you Studied your bible and examined the prophecies thoroughly and with understanding, and compare it to the events of today and the past, you would see that not only is the bible real, but it is the only book that gives you an accurate explaination of what has happened and will happen, including the new testament. Let God be true, and every man a liar. Rom 3:4. Mathews 24th chp. and Isiah 29:6 tells you how there will be fires, earthquakes in divers places, famine, and wars and rumors of wars. A huge area of California and other areas burned and are burning; as well as earthquakes in unexpected states and cities other than California. The wars consist of palestine and Isreal, in Africa, and the united states and Iraq. The farms and crops are ruined and damaged, and that is why the government is feeding us genetically modified foods, so there is your famine. The bible even gives you the true break down of ones nationality including your own. It looks as if you are from scotland(if I am mistaken, please forgive me) and you would consider yourself scottish, but little did you know that you are not scottish because you were born in scotland. Land does not determine your natinality, bloodline does; so who are you? READ YOU BIBLE. The Lord was dealing with his people on a different level back then, now as sinners,the children of Isreal dont deserve to speak or hear directly from the Lord.

Ceridwen018

Let God be true, and every man a liar. Rom 3:4. Mathews 24th chp. and Isiah 29:6 tells you how there will be fires, earthquakes in divers places, famine, and wars and rumors of wars. A huge area of California and other areas burned and are burning; as well as earthquakes in unexpected states and cities other than California. The wars consist of palestine and Isreal, in Africa, and the united states and Iraq. The farms and crops are ruined and damaged, and that is why the government is feeding us genetically modified foods, so there is your famine.
If the bible said "On Thursday, October 30th, 200whatever, there will be an earthquake in California in the city of San Diego. It will start at 9am and end at 9:30 am." THAT would be a prophecy. All the stuff you listed is equivalent to me saying "Sometime in the future, it will thunderstorm." If it storms tomorrow, will you herald me as god? Of course not!

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if earthquakes, fires, wars, rumors of wars, etc. have occurred in the past, that they will happen again. Luckily for us, even thought they didn't have rockets, the biblical writers were supposedly more intelligent than your average villager.

The bible even gives you the true break down of ones nationality including your own. It looks as if you are from scotland(if I am mistaken, please forgive me) and you would consider yourself scottish, but little did you know that you are not scottish because you were born in scotland. Land does not determine your natinality, bloodline does; so who are you?
Mmmmm, wow I must have missed the part where the bible outlines the geneology of Scottish people. I thought it only told the geneology of Jesus. Could you provide for me the verses where Scottish people are recognized?

The Lord was dealing with his people on a different level back then, now as sinners,the children of Isreal dont deserve to speak or hear directly from the Lord.
They didn't sin back then? Ridiculous. Plus, god's the one who made us sinful in the beginning. It's not fair for him to be 'mad' now.

Yerda

Veteran Member
Ceridwen018 said:
If the bible said "On Thursday, October 30th, 200whatever, there will be an earthquake in California in the city of San Diego. It will start at 9am and end at 9:30 am." THAT would be a prophecy.

That would be a book worth reading! I think I may take renewed interest in the bible if it is so concerned with the nation of Scotland, lovely book really.

hebrew

CERIDWEN018,
Its hard to debate with an athiest. A matter of fact, it is really a wast of time because a: YOU DONT BELEIVE, so naturally you are not going to use the scriptures to prove your statements.
Because you dont believe, you will not be "well seasoned" scriptorally
because you dont study, and you will not have the understanding and the correct information on biblical. IITim 2:15
And you would rather SNIFF behind foolish philosphers looking for answers drowning in their own vain opinions and subjecting yourself to becoming decieved, then really seeking out true knowledge which is in the bible. Rom 3:4 Coll 2:8 ITim 4:2-3 Know, what is your nationality, and prove it? There is no such thing as scottish in the bible. So where did it come from?

(Q)

Moses, Jesus , Muhammad and the rest..

are here on Gilligans Isle!

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. :)

(Q)

Its hard to debate with an athiest. A matter of fact, it is really a wast of time because a: YOU DONT BELEIVE

So,how is one to debate another if both unanimously agree?

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
hebrew said:
Because you dont believe, you will not be "well seasoned" scriptorally because you dont study, and you will not have the understanding and the correct information on biblical.
That's quite an assumption. Just because someone doesn't agree with you, doesn't mean they don't understand the subject matter.

Ceridwen018

Its hard to debate with an athiest. A matter of fact, it is really a wast of time because a: YOU DONT BELEIVE, so naturally you are not going to use the scriptures to prove your statements.
Naturally. I didn't realize, though, that in order for biblical prophecies to make sense, you have to believe they make sense in the first place...that seems a bit odd, don't you think?

Because you dont believe, you will not be "well seasoned" scriptorally
because you dont study, and you will not have the understanding and the correct information on biblical.
Good news for you, this is incorrect. I believed in god for 16 years of my life, and have gone to 11 years of private Catholic school, and counting. Try me.

then really seeking out true knowledge which is in the bible
Ah yes, of course. Would you mind me asking how you know the bible is true? Don't say because the bible says the bible is true--that would be circular reasoning and would confirm my suspicions that you are but a ridiculous and illogical thinker.

Know, what is your nationality, and prove it?
You have yet to provide any verses from the bible which say anything (anything at all) about nationality.

There is no such thing as scottish in the bible. So where did it come from?
Oh my, what have we here? Are you implying that if it isn't mentioned in the bible, it must not exist? Kangaroos aren't mentioned in the bible...neither is the planet Neptune--are you going to deny their existance as well?