• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mormon Scholarship

Some of what the Mormons believe just goes around the bend for me, but just lots of Mormon Theology seems sound and inspired. This latest bit about Jesus and satan being brothers is a straight up shock to me. They justify the idea by using Isaiah 14:12 and Rev. 12:7-9, so I believe it is inarguable in my opinion.

The effect of this is to cause me to question some of my other arguments with their Theology. So, rather than go to YouTube for theological information, I went to a Mormon Visitor's Center to talk to them. Anything else is gossip.

Please, I do not want a rock throwing contest on this. We all know that the various denominations have different beliefs, and were it up to me there would be only ONE belief in God, to include Jews and Islam. There are some other points of their theology that I think I'll have to go to them to discuss. It is never easy is it?

Not anticipating a return to the church however.
Main stream Christianity believes that the ultimate purpose of the prophets was to prepare the way for the coming of the Messiah, which is Christ. Christ taught us all we need to know for salvation because he was God incarnate, and infallible. There are no more prophets after the time of Christ because God has completed his message to men. The next event, will be the return of the Messiah to judge the living and the dead.

Ellen Brown

Main stream Christianity believes that the ultimate purpose of the prophets was to prepare the way for the coming of the Messiah, which is Christ. Christ taught us all we need to know for salvation because he was God incarnate, and infallible. There are no more prophets after the time of Christ because God has completed his message to men. The next event, will be the return of the Messiah to judge the living and the dead.

You are entitled to your opinion. I will not try to negate Muhammad PBUH, and the Mormon Prophets, though I wish I felt like the present ones were competent.

For me, it seems nutty that we could go 2000+ years since a prophet, when there were many preceding him. And, I don't feel like the prophets preceding Jesus were the same in purpose.

Frankly, the conduct of the "stone edifice" churches does not inspire me.

whirlingmerc

Some of what the Mormons believe just goes around the bend for me, but just lots of Mormon Theology seems sound and inspired. This latest bit about Jesus and satan being brothers is a straight up shock to me. They justify the idea by using Isaiah 14:12 and Rev. 12:7-9, so I believe it is inarguable in my opinion.

The effect of this is to cause me to question some of my other arguments with their Theology. So, rather than go to YouTube for theological information, I went to a Mormon Visitor's Center to talk to them. Anything else is gossip.

Please, I do not want a rock throwing contest on this. We all know that the various denominations have different beliefs, and were it up to me there would be only ONE belief in God, to include Jews and Islam. There are some other points of their theology that I think I'll have to go to them to discuss. It is never easy is it?

Not anticipating a return to the church however.

The way the New Testament uses Psalm 104 doesn't support that view.
In Psalm 104, Jesus is the 'creator of angels' and 'he makes his ministering angels flames of fire'
In the beginning of the book of Hebrews Psalm 104 is used to argue that way, as part of arguments that Jesus is better than the angels, not merely another one of them

The Super Epic Psalms - How the Longest Psalms point to Jesus