• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Morality, Personality, & Price

ManTimeForgot

Temporally Challenged
Not sure if this belongs in philosophy or social world, if the moderators would like to vote the other way, then please place it on the other forum.

Does everyone have a price? As in to say: can everyone be bribed to potentially do anything?

If yes, then will there always be a financial price that can satisfy the above or is the "price" going to sometimes be something which is not (money, goods, etc)?

If no, then why/why not (is there no outcome worthy enough that nothing short of its direct opposite would be enough to justify seeking its occurrence)?

Assuming you were bought could you live with yourself afterwards?

Also what do you all suppose makes someone more or less likely to be "bought?"

MTF

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I think there are probably some things that some people would never do no matter what. For instance, if someone said "I'll give you one billion dollars if you kill your child," some people would do it, for sure, but some people wouldn't. And you can substitute the price for anything else. Such as "Kill your child to save your own life," Some people would, and some wouldn't. That's what I think.

Maybe some other things more people would be bribed to do though. I guess it just depends on the person and how strongly they feel about the action being "wrong," or mean. I would do some pretty mean things for money, but not every mean thing. I would never sell my Baggins for any price. I would want to be dead if I did that. I'd give Samantha the weenah to someone nice for money though. She pees all over herself all the time.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend TimeManForgot,

Does it mean you wish to buy someone like Jesus for 30 silver pieces?
Well available without any cost!
Interested?

Love & rgds

ManTimeForgot

Temporally Challenged
Friend TimeManForgot,

Does it mean you wish to buy someone like Jesus for 30 silver pieces?
Well available without any cost!
Interested?

Love & rgds

Interesting response. Does this mean you would suppose that while the flesh may have a cost, that a person's personality is not necessarily given to bribery?

MTF

ManTimeForgot

Temporally Challenged
I think there are probably some things that some people would never do no matter what. For instance, if someone said "I'll give you one billion dollars if you kill your child," some people would do it, for sure, but some people wouldn't. And you can substitute the price for anything else. Such as "Kill your child to save your own life," Some people would, and some wouldn't. That's what I think.

Maybe some other things more people would be bribed to do though. I guess it just depends on the person and how strongly they feel about the action being "wrong," or mean. I would do some pretty mean things for money, but not every mean thing. I would never sell my Baggins for any price. I would want to be dead if I did that. I'd give Samantha the weenah to someone nice for money though. She pees all over herself all the time.

Not even for world peace?

MTF

Morse

To Extinguish
If we haven't seen the right price then we wouldn't know if we could be bought.

Oh and,
Average Price of Biological Materials Derived from a Human: 37 US dollars