• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Morality is static

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
linwood said:
Those are social/cultural morals I interpreted the OP as speaking more of personal morals.

Social/cultural morals don`t have much of an effect on me since I`ve been known to break more than a couple of laws based on those cultural morals that I disagree with.
:)
Who among us, Linwood, who among us? ;)
You are probably right about the object in discussion being personal morals - and I would say that personal morals are even more diverse that social/cultural morals.

By the way - I notice that I cannot PM you since you have that feature turned off. There have been a couple of times that I wanted to send you a PM.

TVOR

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I would have to say that morality is not static. Looking back just a few hundred years ago we can see how different the morality of people was. Slavery was OK, geniside was OK as was marital rape. Once uppon a time killing every living thing in a city was just another part of war, then it was shuned then lo and behold we discovered nuclear wepons and did it again, then realized why it was bad and now shun it again.

One also just has to look closely at other cultures to find how morality changes with circumstances.

wa:do