• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Monotheism is not economically, or socially viable

ChieftheCef

Egyptian, Mesopotamian, Roman and Greek societies were also all very tolerant (too much) of monotheism. And in their societies it was doable but beneath others to be a receiving homosecxual. Few were ever burned alive, or mobbed to death, or backstabbed unlike on the Monotheist side.

Last edited:

ChieftheCef

Egypt also economically declined, in part, by Christianity and Islam when it entered their sphere. Same with the Mesopotamians. Same with the Romans.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Athens, Babylon, Rome, Egypt and others were all better than ancient israel, because they were open to the other: so, and this is really a long list, less people would be hurt, physically or mentally, for their life choices and so they became more efficient and economically productive benefiting everyone within and somewhat out of it's bounds. The Ancient Israelites, and Persians, and other stubborn people were closed off from others, and so their economics went kaput.
Hi there. Interesting take. What are your sources?

PearlSeeker

Athens, Babylon, Rome, Egypt and others were all better than ancient israel, because they were open to the other: so, and this is really a long list, less people would be hurt, physically or mentally, for their life choices and so they became more efficient and economically productive benefiting everyone within and somewhat out of it's bounds. The Ancient Israelites, and Persians, and other stubborn people were closed off from others, and so their economics went kaput.
Any evidence to support your claims?

ChieftheCef

It's really just what happened in history. It's why the United States and the West have the best economic system, they all used ideas like assimilation of the other and freedom. If you look through the thread you'll see why. The Hebrews hate the other, as does Islam and other monotheist religions. What exactly do you want sources for? Why can't you just look that up in Bing?

ChieftheCef

And Christianity presumably, since Christian Europe traded with the entire globe.
Christianity burned homosexuals for jerking off. They did not benefit from this. But there are other even more surprising things the other could not do or be. Even down to things LIKE (like you pack a vultures) wearing two clothes at the same time. And they really just did.

ChieftheCef

It's really just an argument. Pay attention if you can, otherwise, why are you even seeking?

See playing with the free market is what Nature does. She let's each organism, and even nonlifeform, choose the challenges for sustainment, think food or money, and they form great beauty out of her. This idea of freedom is sacred to all whether all realize it or not, because it is what gets you a planet. There's no other way to make a planet, you cannot build one. When you gob up the gears too much you suffer, in fact you suffer as you gob up the gears. One of the sources I use ids that the monotheists, even to this day, have more tents than places ran with other things in mind.

Point me to the exact thing you want me to explain.

ChieftheCef

These are the sources I can give but if you're gonna say gay people were perfectly happy with Christianity, etc, you're proving to everyone that you actually have a mental disability because of your belief in your version of the sky daddy

ChieftheCef

And Christianity presumably, since Christian Europe traded with the entire globe.
I wanna emphasize I don't mean to be mean spirited to you guys. Dealing with monotheism is especially drastic because it makes threats against not only our lives but also the lives of civilization and society. I also don't have my caffeine right now. Asking to be a buttered up face is honestly so draining when you know that if it fails you die, and so does the life of the world.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I wanna emphasize I don't mean to be mean spirited to you guys. Dealing with monotheism is especially drastic because it makes threats against not only our lives but also the lives of civilization and society. I also don't have my caffeine right now. Asking to be a buttered up face is honestly so draining when you know that if it fails you die, and so does the life of the world.
Well, you don't have any sources because my friend, you are just making conjecture. Also you should know that correlation is not causation, which is a famous researcher's bias.

Recognizing the most extravagant and most developed nations or domains since forever ago can be abstract and ward on different factors like money, mechanical progressions, social accomplishments, and military power. Be that as it may, the following are a couple of instances of generally critical rich and high level civilizations:

Islamic Caliphates: Islamic civilizations in the Middle East, North Africa, and Spain were centers of trade, scholarship, and innovation during the Islamic Golden Age (8th to 14th centuries). Urban areas like Baghdad, Cairo, and Cordoba thrived as centers of learning, with headways in math, medication, reasoning, and engineering. Source: Kennedy, H. (2016).

The Prophet and the Age of the Caliphates: The Islamic Close to East from the sixth to the eleventh 100 years. Mongol Domain: In the thirteenth and fourteenth hundreds of years, the Mongol Realm, under pioneers like Genghis Khan and Kublai Khan, controlled the biggest coterminous land domain ever. They facilitated trade and cultural exchange along the Silk Road thanks to their extensive territory that extended from Eastern Europe to East Asia. The Mongols additionally executed managerial changes and advanced strict resilience in their areas. Source: Weatherford, J. M. (2005).

English Domain: In the nineteenth and mid twentieth hundreds of years, the English Realm was the biggest domain ever, crossing landmasses and controlling huge regions across the globe. Britain was the wealthiest and most powerful nation of its time thanks to its naval power, industrial revolution, and colonial holdings. Ferguson, Nathan. (2004). Realm: The Ascent and End of the English World Request and the Illustrations for Worldwide Power. These models address only a couple of the numerous developments that have been viewed as rich and high level in various times of history. Sources gave offer further adding something extra to every civilization's abundance, progressions, and commitments to human development. This is a Christian country.

The Mughal Empire, which ruled over much of the Indian subcontinent from the 16th to the 19th centuries, was known for its cultural splendor, administrative efficiency, and economic prosperity. Under Mughal rule, India became one of the wealthiest regions in the world, with a highly developed economy driven by agriculture, trade, and manufacturing. The empire's centralized administration and policies promoting commerce and infrastructure development contributed to India's status as a major GDP contributor during that time.

I am not saying one is better than the other. Just that your assertion that with monotheism the economic is "kaput" is absolutely a conjecture from nothing.

Cheers.

RestlessSoul

Christianity burned homosexuals for jerking off. They did not benefit from this. But there are other even more surprising things the other could not do or be. Even down to things LIKE (like you pack a vultures) wearing two clothes at the same time. And they really just did.

Do you have a source for this? Actually, don’t bother. It’s irrelevant to your argument, which was an economic one. And you can’t deny that Christian countries have had remarkable, if not unprecedented, economic success.

ChieftheCef

Do you have a source for this? Actually, don’t bother. It’s irrelevant to your argument, which was an economic one.
We don't need it, we can infer it based on this:
The Christians when Christianizing Rome made friends with and then stabbed in the back the Stoics by their outlawing. They have a history of bad behavior toward these outsider groups when they are in control.

They burned Giordano Bruno for saying what is now known to be true: that there are multiple worlds with multiple inhabitants.

Galileo Galilei who was sentenced to house arrest for believing the Earth was not the center of the universe.

Joan of Arc, a saint, who was executed by an ecclesiastical court.

Hypatia of Alexandria who was a mathematician who was murdered by a Christian mob.

And you can’t deny that Christian countries have had remarkable, if not unprecedented, economic success.
This has been addressed previously.

ChieftheCef

Well, you don't have any sources because my friend, you are just making conjecture. Also you should know that correlation is not causation, which is a famous researcher's bias.

Recognizing the most extravagant and most developed nations or domains since forever ago can be abstract and ward on different factors like money, mechanical progressions, social accomplishments, and military power.
The civilizations I mention are full of that. Did you not hear who I said it was. Rome. Egypt the longest-standing civilization. Greece which housed Alexander the Great, Athens and Sparta. Mesopotamia which housed the first empire. Do you know what the Hebrews had to do for Solomon? Lie about his wealth.
Be that as it may, the following are a couple of instances of generally critical rich and high level civilizations:

Islamic Caliphates: Islamic civilizations in the Middle East, North Africa, and Spain were centers of trade, scholarship, and innovation during the Islamic Golden Age (8th to 14th centuries). Urban areas like Baghdad, Cairo, and Cordoba thrived as centers of learning, with headways in math, medication, reasoning, and engineering. Source: Kennedy, H. (2016).

That was because of their embracing of rationality and thus freedom.
Mongol Domain: In the thirteenth and fourteenth hundreds of years, the Mongol Realm, under pioneers like Genghis Khan and Kublai Khan, controlled the biggest coterminous land domain ever. They facilitated trade and cultural exchange along the Silk Road thanks to their extensive territory that extended from Eastern Europe to East Asia. The Mongols additionally executed managerial changes and advanced strict resilience in their areas. Source: Weatherford, J. M. (2005).
They embraced Freedom too.
English Domain: In the nineteenth and mid twentieth hundreds of years, the English Realm was the biggest domain ever, crossing landmasses and controlling huge regions across the globe. Britain was the wealthiest and most powerful nation of its time thanks to its naval power, industrial revolution, and colonial holdings. Ferguson, Nathan. (2004). Realm: The Ascent and End of the English World Request and the Illustrations for Worldwide Power. These models address only a couple of the numerous developments that have been viewed as rich and high level in various times of history. Sources gave offer further adding something extra to every civilization's abundance, progressions, and commitments to human development. This is a Christian country.
The Mughal Empire, which ruled over much of the Indian subcontinent from the 16th to the 19th centuries, was known for its cultural splendor, administrative efficiency, and economic prosperity. Under Mughal rule, India became one of the wealthiest regions in the world, with a highly developed economy driven by agriculture, trade, and manufacturing. The empire's centralized administration and policies promoting commerce and infrastructure development contributed to India's status as a major GDP contributor during that time.

Mughal Empire

Explore

The Mughal Empire, which spanned much of the Indian subcontinent from the early 16th to the mid-18th century, was shaped by various cultural and historical factors. While the direct influence of the Enlightenment on the Mughals is not as pronounced as in Europe, there are some relevant aspects to consider:
  1. Cultural Exchange and Persian Influence:
  2. Administrative Practices and Inclusivity:
  3. Cultural Flourishing and Architectural Achievements:
In summary, while the Enlightenment did not directly shape Mughal policies or ideology, the Mughals’ cultural exchange, administrative practices, and architectural legacy demonstrate their unique blend of influences from various sources, including Persian culture and local traditions31

From Bing

firedragon

Veteran Member
The civilizations I mention are full of that. Did you not hear who I said it was. Rome. Egypt the longest-standing civilization. Greece which housed Alexander the Great, Athens and Sparta. Mesopotamia which housed the first empire. Do you know what the Hebrews had to do for Solomon? Lie about his wealth.

That was because of their embracing of rationality and thus freedom.

They embraced Freedom too.

Mughal Empire

Explore

The Mughal Empire, which spanned much of the Indian subcontinent from the early 16th to the mid-18th century, was shaped by various cultural and historical factors. While the direct influence of the Enlightenment on the Mughals is not as pronounced as in Europe, there are some relevant aspects to consider:
  1. Cultural Exchange and Persian Influence:
  2. Administrative Practices and Inclusivity:
  3. Cultural Flourishing and Architectural Achievements:
In summary, while the Enlightenment did not directly shape Mughal policies or ideology, the Mughals’ cultural exchange, administrative practices, and architectural legacy demonstrate their unique blend of influences from various sources, including Persian culture and local traditions31

From Bing
I appreciate your sentiments. But all of this is just conjecture my friend. Also, a quick bing search with a confirmation bias is quite absurd. Quite surprising really. Your OP and its assertion is absolutely just an emotional one. Not based on facts.

Yet, thank you for your response. Appreciated. Cheers.

firedragon

Veteran Member
The civilizations I mention are full of that. Did you not hear who I said it was. Rome. Egypt the longest-standing civilization.
Strawman. You were talking about "economics". Not longest standing. Yes, Rome was very rich. But the British empire was bigger and richer.

You have no sources, no research, just some anti monotheistic assertions.

ChieftheCef

I appreciate your sentiments. But all of this is just conjecture my friend. Also, a quick bing search with a confirmation bias is quite absurd. Quite surprising really. Your OP and its assertion is absolutely just an emotional one. Not based on facts.

Yet, thank you for your response. Appreciated. Cheers.
AI is typical in not givvinjg the whole truth. Remember how dependent it is on humans. Search harder
And they are 99% monotheistic. So what's the point?
No, they are not. Read the thread!