• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Monism, Dualism, and Jesus

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Ask any Christian today if they are the same as, and non-different from God. I’ll wait.
there is 40000+ denominations and who knows how many world wide adherents.

you're not going to get a consistent answer because some are more knowledgeable, experienced than others

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
you're not going to get a consistent answer because some are more knowledgeable, experienced than others
If I may? I would add:

everyone is different, each of us has our own faculties and flaws. and limits.

SugarOcean

¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS
mayhaps jesus was speaking of the idea of dualism and monism in matthew 6:22-24

Matt 6:22-Matt 6:24 ASV The lamp of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is the darkness! No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
This may assist the discussion for those who do not know the particulars; Monism , Dualism, as relate to religion.

Monism | philosophy

Dualism | religion

Consider Isaiah 45
7. I am the LORD, and there is no other; I form the light and create darkness, I make peace and create calamity; I, the LORD, do all these things.

Study Guide for Isaiah 45 by David Guzik

Another translation of that verse reads:
JPS Tanakh 1917
I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil; I am the LORD, that doeth all these things.

Now consider this in king David's song's (Psalms) chapters:
Psalm 139 BSB
Psalms 139: 1-8
O LORD, You have searched me
and known me.
2You know when I sit and when I rise;
You understand my thoughts from afar.
3You search out my path and my lying down;
You are aware of all my ways.
4Even before a word is on my tongue,
You know all about it, O LORD.
5You hem me in behind and before;
You have laid Your hand upon me.
6Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.
7Where can I go to escape Your Spirit?
Where can I flee from Your presence?
8If I ascend to the heavens, You are there;
if I make my bed in Sheol, You are there.

Strong's Hebrew: 7585. שְׁאוֹל (sheol) -- underworld (place to which people descend at death)
7585. sheol
Strong's Concordance
sheol: underworld (place to which people descend at death)
Original Word: שְׁאוֹל
Part of Speech: Noun Feminine
Transliteration: sheol
Phonetic Spelling: (sheh-ole')
Definition: underworld (place to which people descend at death)

In short, monism or dualism?
God is the Devil.
The Devil is God.

Scripture tells us in different places in the Bible that all things happen according to the predeterminism (predestination) of omniscient creator's divine will and plan and for his glory. All things are of and from creator (God).

Ephesians 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. (think Pantheism) 7 Now to each one of us grace has been given according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

So what is your life? My life? Our life?
Believer and non alike?

What do we all, one thing, share in common?

We are all cells in the body of creator of this illusion. Creator creating self and opposite. The parallel is in science protons, neutrons.

Dual power, dual energies, dual existence. In the human frame? Good people. Bad people.
It is all creator doing what creation does best. Creating and destroying over and over again in what our limited human conscious would see as eternity. But we don't see that because we are finite and but dream of forever.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
In short, monism or dualism?
God is the Devil.
The Devil is God.
I am not an expert in this subject matter. but...

from a monistic perspective, i think....

God is like the periodic table of elements?
The Devil is one of the elements on the list?
Everything is constituted of holiness?