• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mohammed Abdulkahar tells the story of terror raid that backfired.

Nehustan

Mohammed Abdulkahar tells the story of terror raid that backfired.

'I just thought: one by one they're going to kill us'

Published: 14 June 2006

At about four o'clock in the morning, I was woken by screams that I had never heard before. My younger brother was screaming and, from upstairs, from my room, I could hear him screaming, so I got out of bed. I just had my boxer shorts on and a T-shirt. It was dark and I assumed a robbery was happening. As I made the first step down the stairs, my brother was still screaming and I turned round to look at the stairs. As soon as I turned round, I saw an orange spark and a big bang. I flew into the wall and I slipped down.

I actually watched this press conference yesterday so I thought I'd post the transcript here from the independent.​

A

angellous_evangellous

That's a very odd story that appears to have no credibility at all.

1) No place (eg. city/country) or date was given
2) No police statement confirms the incident
3) It ends with political propaganda

This report seems to be only a feable attempt to smear a police force.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
To come into my house like that, accusing me, shooting me in my chest, and saying that I was a terrorist, it really hurt. As to the identity or motive of the police informant, I have no idea. I'm in the same situation as everyone else. In my eyes, the person that said this - gave the police inaccurate intelligence - they are the terrorists to me. They terrorised me and my family.

My understanding of jihad is to strive and help people. I don't say jihad means what these cults think it means. I don't class them as Muslims. The way my father taught me, you strive, you go out of your way, to help people. Violence is not in my nature or in my religion. Islam is peace.

I feel the only crime I have done, in their eyes, is being an Asian with a long length beard.

When they beat me after I got shot - I was begging them. I feel ashamed, to literally ask them to spare my life and they were hitting me. The first words they said was 'Shut the **** up'.

Who is the terrorist now? Who is the one who terrify people? :(

Nehustan

angellous_evangellous said:
That's a very odd story that appears to have no credibility at all.

1) No place (eg. city/country) or date was given
2) No police statement confirms the incident
3) It ends with political propaganda

This report seems to be only a feable attempt to smear a police force.

This is probably the funniest thing I have read this week. I'm gonna have to assume that you haven't heard about this story. Tho' if this wasn't reported in the US I will be very very suprised. Are you telling me this hasn't been reported AE? This actually wasn't a report, its the transcript of a press conference. This must be the biggest story in the UK at the moment. If you really haven't heard anything about this I'll find you some reports on it if you want rather than the transcript. I'm shocked you haven't heard this reported.

Nehustan

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2224879,00.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/terrorism/story/0,,1796915,00.html

you'll find reports from the last week or so while this has been going on listed on these pages so you can come up to speed.

I guess they look like terrorists...LOL...its those beards...ROFL...newsflash....terrorists would tend to be clean shaven, in jeans t-shirts and baseball caps. It's like those famous cartoons of robbers.....

thief.jpg

A

angellous_evangellous

Nehustan said:
This is probably the funniest thing I have read this week. I'm gonna have to assume that you haven't heard about this story. Tho' if this wasn't reported in the US I will be very very suprised. Are you telling me this hasn't been reported AE? This actually wasn't a report, its the transcript of a press conference. This must be the biggest story in the UK at the moment. If you really haven't heard anything about this I'll find you some reports on it if you want rather than the transcript. I'm shocked you haven't heard this reported.

I was telling you why I reject your unreliable source.

Nehustan

I actually didn't propose a topic as there are so many things that could be debated around this event. My particular favourite is when the police asked them if they were members of the KKK. Tickled me, on multiple counts.

A

angellous_evangellous

Nehustan said:
The Independent is an unreliable source?

The article that you posted was far below what I expect from a quality source.

Nehustan

I think I did say that this was a 'transcript' of a press conference, I'm sure I did. The fact of where it happened and on which day...yeh I left them out, or rather the two detained brothers did in their statement. None of the gathered press (all TV and print Media) seemed to need that reference to attend the conference, this was covered live by basically all live news media, and subsequently press today.

A

angellous_evangellous

Nehustan said:
It wasn't a report...ok maybe 4th time it was a transcript.

Thanks then. I read the OP a bit fast and went straigt to the article. I was expecting you and others to propagandize this event.

Like this:
The Truth said:
Who is the terrorist now? Who is the one who terrify people? :(

While I have no qualms whatsoever with police forces doing their jobs in handling suspected terrorists, it is shocking that the guy was shot in his own home - unarmed - and especially in a country that does not have a tradition of a violent police force like America.

Nehustan

I think that propaganda doesn't need 'propagating' (I'm more partial to raising indoctrination levels:) ), hands off is a far more successful strategy, and believe me I know all about propaganda LOL. I'm fully of the opinion that it is best to let things (or people) do themself the most damage. There is an axiom 'we' use 'give people enough rope and they will hang themself', that is unless they're the hangman ;), in which case you tie the knot. I often find that this is by far the best approach, people will usually do themself the most damage. I take this as a rule of thumb

A

angellous_evangellous

Nehustan said:
I think that propaganda doesn't need 'propagating', hands off is a far more successful strategy, and believe me I know all about propaganda LOL. I'm fully of the opinion that it is best to let things (or people) do themself the most damage. There is an axiom 'we' use 'give people enough rope and they will hang themself', that is unless they're the hangman ;). I often find that this is by far the best approach, people will usually do themself the most damage. I take this as a rule of thumb

Either way it's evil.

Nehustan

Oh no...watching one's foes hang themself is surely high irony (and I might add quite pleasureable to watch).

A

angellous_evangellous

Nehustan said:
Oh no...watching one's foes hang themself is surely high irony.

I agree that it is ironic, but if you don't think that is evil, you haven't reasoned correctly. I had thought that you would be an agent for peace, especially if you have any religion.

Nehustan

Well I could tell my enemy 'Don't do that, don't tie that rope, don't put it over that tree, don't put it around your neck, NO...don't jump of that chair.' But if after constant telling he thinks he knows better, I'm not evil, hey I tried to tell him he was probably best advised to stop that course of action at stage 1. He chose not to listen, or thought it was a lie. Oh well, he wants to dangle, fine. I just don't see how that's my fault and thus evil?