• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Modi 2024

ronki23

How will BJP win a third term majority ?

Even if India's GDP grows at an average of 6% annually it will only get to $3 trillion by 2024: far less than Modi's target of $5 trillion by then.

I would like Modi's third term to end in 2029 with a $5 trillion economy.

@Aupmanyav @Jainarayan @Kirran @SomeRandom
@JustGeorge

Last edited:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member

Even if India's GDP grows at an average of 6% annually it will only get to $3 trillion by 2024: far less than Modi's target of $5 trillion by then.

Not to ignore you, but I’m not Indian. I’m American and have less than zero knowledge of Indian politics. Can you believe there’s something I don’t have an opinion on? :eek: :D

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
- How will BJP win a third term majority ?: IMHO, the major cause of BJP's success is the honesty of BJP governments at the national and state levels. No body can point a finger at leaders like Modi, Yogi, etc. In Congress and other dynastic politics, corruption was endemic. It still is. All the ministers in the Maharashtra have been involved in major scams. Secondly, they have handled Chinese aggression and Pakistani belligerence nicely.
- Even if India's GDP grows at an average of 6% annually it will only get to $3 trillion by 2024: far less than Modi's target of $5 trillion by then.: Yeah sure, Modi has a target. Not all targets may be completely fulfilled. But if people see honest effort and progress, they reward it.
- I would like Modi's third term to end in 2029 with a $5 trillion economy.: We will do it earlier than that. Most predictions say that India will be the second largest economy in the world by 2050.

ronki23

- How will BJP win a third term majority ?: IMHO, the major cause of BJP's success is the honesty of BJP governments at the national and state levels. No body can point a finger at leaders like Modi, Yogi, etc. In Congress and other dynastic politics, corruption was endemic. It still is. All the ministers in the Maharashtra have been involved in major scams. Secondly, they have handled Chinese aggression and Pakistani belligerence nicely.
- Even if India's GDP grows at an average of 6% annually it will only get to $3 trillion by 2024: far less than Modi's target of $5 trillion by then.: Yeah sure, Modi has a target. Not all targets may be completely fulfilled. But if people see honest effort and progress, they reward it.
- I would like Modi's third term to end in 2029 with a $5 trillion economy.: We will do it earlier than that. Most predictions say that India will be the second largest economy in the world by 2050.

The only way India can get to $5 trillion in 2029 is if growth is at a minimum of 8% annually: that's not easy

Also BJP now has to deal with Shiv Sena in Maharastra since Shiv Sena defected to UPA

ronki23

To get to $10 trillion by 2047 India only needs to grow at 6% annually. $10 trillion after 100 years of independence

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
The only way India can get to $5 trillion in 2029 is if growth is at a minimum of 8% annually: that's not easy.
Also BJP now has to deal with Shiv Sena in Maharastra since Shiv Sena defected to UPA
Let us see how economy recovers after Coronavirus.
Shiv Sena is not much of a worry. BJP has its own base in Maharashtra. And Shiv Sena may come to BJP anytime. Shiv Sena is a lota with round base. And we have friends elsewhere.

Tambourine

Modi will Make India Great Again. He will Do Everything For The Nation.
And he will finally Defeat All Enemies and give them What They Deserve.

ronki23

Let us see how economy recovers after Coronavirus.
Shiv Sena is not much of a worry. BJP has its own base in Maharashtra. And Shiv Sena may come to BJP anytime. Shiv Sena is a lota with round base. And we have friends elsewhere.

I'm assuming the GDP of India goes down to 2.2 to 2.4 trillion because of Coronavirus lockdown : only with a consistent 6% growth can they get to $3 trillion by 2024 or $10 trillion by 2047.

To get to $5 trillion by 2029 India would need to grow at a minimum of 8% every year which is very unlikely

While I want a BJP majority in 2024, I'd have preferred Akali Dal (Punjab) and Shiv Sena (Maharastra) didn't leave the NDA

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I'm pretty sure I saw you speak for the people of India more than once.
Yeah, but as far as voting goes, each person is on one's own. Wives may vote differently than the husbands and children may vote differently than the parents. My daughter-in-law will generally vote for a party which does not find favor with me. I am happy when she does not vote. Many Muslim women vote for BJP because it outlawed 'triple talaq'. Uttar Pradesh (Yogi) even has a stipend for Muslim women who have been divorced. We have a democracy. :)

Tambourine

Yeah, but as far as voting goes, each person is on one's own. Wives may vote differently than the husbands and children may vote differently than the parents. My daughter-in-law will generally vote for a party which does not find favor with me. I am happy when she does not vote. Many Muslim women vote for BJP because it outlawed 'triple talaq'. Uttar Pradesh (Yogi) even has a stipend for Muslim women who have been divorced. We have a democracy. :)
So election times is the one time when the Indian people ceases to speak through you?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Compare this to America's 2-party system.
Yes, compare elections in India and US. The three-phase election in Bihar completed on 7th and counting and results on 10th. We know the percentage of voting in every polling booth in villages, cities, districts, divisions and the state. Voting in sensitive areas has been video-graphed. We have paper trail of every vote. All people voted with electronic machines even in the farthest areas. There will hardly be any confusion about vote counting. And in case that happens, contestants can approach the courts. To us, American elections are a joke.
So election times is the one time when the Indian people ceases to speak through you?
Yeah, they may vote against Modi in Bihar. Democracy. :)

atanu

Premium Member

@JustGeorge

Whether one likes it or not, India is a multi language, multi cultural, multi religious baggage. This can be a great thing. A creative spring. Or a place of pogrom.

Choosewell.