• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Modest Clothing

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Abrahamic DIR

So I was out shopping the other day, trying to find some respectable clothes for the (hopefully) upcoming warmer weather. I was disappointed. So I googled where to buy some decent modest clothing for women and came across this site

Where (and how) to buy modest clothing

To me, the clothes on there are not modest. They show full arms, skirts just barely past the knees, and don't get me started on the swimsuit. Still, this is just my belief.

Opinions?

Valerian

Abrahamic DIR

So I was out shopping the other day, trying to find some respectable clothes for the (hopefully) upcoming warmer weather. I was disappointed. So I googled where to buy some decent modest clothing for women and came across this site

To me, the clothes on there are not modest. They show full arms, skirts just barely past the knees, and don't get me started on the swimsuit. Still, this is just my belief.

Opinions?
“Certain fashions will be introduced that will offend Our Lord very much.” - Our Lady of Fatima, 1917

The Virgin Mary surely knew what she was speaking of. The more revealing clothes we see on women, such as the Hollywood deep plunging V with no bra and exposed breasts looks so trashy to me I just cannot stand it. I hate thong bikinis too. It's not like we males cannot control ourselves and need to see everything possible.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@Rival is a young woman! I did not know, but now I do.

I suggest you find a nice resale store and you will find modest clothes there. I am sure.

If you do shop used, you will be green. Check over the clothes very well before you buy.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Abrahamic DIR

Opinions?
I don't think it matters, if everybody else is wearing it then it blends in with everybody else and fullfills a sort of modesty, unshowiness.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think it matters, if everybody else is wearing it then it blends in with everybody else and fullfills a sort of modesty, unshowiness.
So if everyone else were wearing microskirts and spaghetti straps that'd be fine? I disagree.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
So if everyone else were wearing microskirts and spaghetti straps that'd be fine? I disagree.
Never saw anyplace where people are all wearing microskirts and spaghetti straps. What you been hanging around a place like that for?

Sakeenah

Abrahamic DIR

Opinions?

Hi Rival,

What kind of clothes are you looking for maxi dresses,long skirts, tunics,trousers?

I like this online modest fashion shop.
Modanisa | Tesettür, Tesettür Giyim, Elbise, Abiye ve Bayan Giyim

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I think if you are in close quarters and aren't looking to attract anybody then you need some covering. If nobody is around then you don't need any. If you are in between those extremes, then go for what is practical without much concern. I agree sleeveless and short skirts seem to suggest to men that you are looking for attention -- not that you really are. We just think that way.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
can you be more specific? jeans and a flannel shirt seem pretty modest :)

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
This thread wasn't really started about me, though; I was just wondering what people had in mind about what 'modest' is a la clothes. Meanwhile, icehorse immodestly breaks the DIR rules :eek:

Lunavulpea

I can agree that no sleeves and short skirts can definitely say that. No other practical reason for wearing them. I'd love to wear proper skirts and dresses but they're too hard to find. As I've gotten older I feel more aware of what I'm wearing and can't do short dresses and skirts anymore! I have ONE nice dress. But apparently it's too old fashioned for most.

Lunavulpea

This thread wasn't really started about me, though; I was just wondering what people had in mind about what 'modest' is a la clothes. Meanwhile, icehorse immodestly breaks the DIR rules :eek:

I think showing anything above knees can be immodest, I think tights don't justify short skirts, full arms on display is definitely excessive unless it's an occasion, and showing anything below your chest on your torso goes without saying. Everyone has their own style and as long as nothing too bad is on display I'm fine with what others wear. Just wish there were more modest and good looking clothes out there!

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I think showing anything above knees can be immodest, I think tights don't justify short skirts, full arms on display is definitely excessive unless it's an occasion, and showing anything below your chest on your torso goes without saying. Everyone has their own style and as long as nothing too bad is on display I'm fine with what others wear. Just wish there were more modest and good looking clothes out there!
Trying to justify a short skirt with tights is like trying to revive a guy who fell from a skyscraper with cpr.