• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Moderna a Sham Company?

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
my dad, who's a respected research microbiologist, alerted me to the fact that Moderna might be a sham company, had published no scientific papers in 10 years in business, had no medicines approved, and it non scientist leaders were making millions off insider trading of company stock, they still haven't published any test results on the vaccine and only offer press releases which could be totally bogus. If you have the time read the Wikipedia article on the company I post below.

Moderna - Wikipedia

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Lol. Wicki page edited 9 minutes ago.

By: 109.255.90.188.

No user page available.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
I used to own some stock and sold it. Not because I was aware of anything that others can't dig for themselves, but mostly because it seemed like it was mostly finance people talked well of it.

Lyndon

Premium Member
But if you look at the edit history of that page, there's a lot of stuff going on over the last 3 days, including references to "vandalism". Maybe we should find some other references. It may be the Wiki page is under attack for commercial or other reasons.
I don't think Wikipedia lets Moderna write their own bio page.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Sham? Other attacks?

To me all of that is totally jumping to conclusions and the wrong ones. As a pharma startup with new technology, that they've not had a product for 10 years does not bother me. Researchers don't tend to publish "we failed" papers (that has been noted as a problem generally)

They had a big clinical Phase 3 trial and it's successful. They're now in the position where they have to publicly take the next step.

I hope for all our sakes they're successful.

Lyndon

Premium Member
Sham? Other attacks?

To me all of that is totally jumping to conclusions and the wrong ones. As a pharma startup with new technology, that they've not had a product for 10 years does not bother me. Researchers don't tend to publish "we failed" papers (that has been noted as a problem generally)

They had a big clinical Phase 3 trial and it's successful. They're now in the position where they have to publicly take the next step.

I hope for all our sakes they're successful.

The only thing that's been successful so far is millions of millions of dollars made by company executives insider trading company stock

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I don't think Wikipedia lets Moderna write their own bio page.
Anyone can write a Wiki page. Bad edits are usually weeded out rather quickly, but a page under attack may have false info on it. There are tons of anti-vaxxers out there that might be willing to mount such an attack. This might be a time when Wikipedia is not the best source.

Lyndon

Premium Member
Anyone can write a Wiki page. Bad edits are usually weeded out rather quickly, but a page under attack may have false info on it. There are tons of anti-vaxxers out there that might be willing to mount such an attack. This might be a time when Wikipedia is not the best source.
you sound like someone that didn't read the whole article, most all of it is well established facts

Lyndon

Premium Member
Just found this out, Moderna only has 820 employees, Pfizer has 88,000 employees, which one do you think is more likely to deliver 1 billion doses next year?

exchemist

Veteran Member
Just found this out, Moderna only has 820 employees, Pfizer has 88,000 employees, which one do you think is more likely to deliver 1 billion doses next year?
I've had a quick look into this. I understand Moderna intends to scale up production by buying manufacturing capacity from other companies - getting them to make it for them, in effect. This does not seem to be unusual, especially when transnational supply is required.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
From NPR ...

Whether the coronavirus vaccine developed by Moderna succeeds or not, executives at the small biotech company have already made tens of millions of dollars by cashing in their stock. An NPR examination of official company disclosures has revealed additional irregularities and potential warning signs.

"On a scale of one to 10, one being less concerned and 10 being the most concerned," said Daniel Taylor, an associate professor of accounting at the Wharton School, "this is an 11."

Taylor said Moderna's stock-selling practices appear well outside the norm, and raise questions about the company's internal controls to prevent insider trading.

Since January, CEO Stéphane Bancel has sold roughly $40 million worth of Moderna stock held by himself or associated investment funds; Chief Medical Officer Tal Zaks has sold around $60 million; and President Stephen Hoge has sold more than $10 million.

No clear evidence has emerged indicating that executives sold stock based on confidential internal information, which would be illegal. And as long as they don't engage in insider trading, executives are typically free to sell company stock.
Disturbing ...