• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Modern Science proves the Authenticity of the Glorious Qur'an

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Response: This is all true. But what's being done is that people are trying to make it seem as if the qur'an is saying that mountains prevent all earthquakes but it does not say that. There will be earthquakes regardless. What the qur'an states is the scientific fact that mountains prevents quakes in the earth that will move us. There is a difference. The plates in the earth's crust are constantly moving and shifting and the mountains play a role in holding them in place so that when they shift and rub against each other the earth does not continuously move and shake us. But despite all of this, it does not prevent earthquakes completely. This is the point. It's not a complete and permanant prevention of all earthquakes but mountains do prevent some of the quakes in the earth. This science is called isostasy, a science that was discovered recently with advanced technology but was revealed 1400+ years ago with no advanced technology, making it a qur'anic miracle.
You should make sure to check the content of your own claims. This is just one example of you saying that the 'pegs' of mountains was the Qur'an talking about isostasy.

wa:do

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Response: No one is at fault for your denial
You are wrong.
I am in fact at fault for my denial of your blatant bullcrap shovelling.
And I say with mucho much pride that I deny your bullcrap.

Now I understand that in your wee little brain, you have to twist this post around and claim that I am talking about Islam.
You go right ahead.
For the truth is not anything close to what you want it to be.
You sad sad little animal.

themadhair

Response: Your inability to comprehend is no fault of mine. No where have I said isostasy is the reason why the earth does not shake nor can you quote any post in which I have.
Unfortunately for you Fatihah, your posts are preserved on this site. You posted the following in the other thread:
Quote: YmirGF
The bottom line, Fatihah, is that isostasy doesn't really support that short bit of text in the Qur'an. Just for fun... let's review what the passage says in 16 translations.

Response: Yes, denial is one way of responding. The evidence in post 498 is clear and couldn't be any clearer. Your lack of humility is astonishing.
Response: We are finally at the end. Is it proof that you want from me? Very well. It is you who just used wikipedia as a source of evidence, therefore confirming its reliability as a good source. So here we are and here it is. Once again I can not provide a link for you to simply click on due to the fact that I am on this site through my blackberry phone. Nonetheless, I am sure that if I request the link from a fellow muslim or someone else here they will surely assist me. In the mean time, type in the following in your computer as you see it written on your screen. (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain) Once there, under the subtitle "geology", go to the second paragraph and read. In it it says "In order to balance the weight of the earth's surface, much of the compressed rock is forced downward, producing deep "mountain roots"(See the Book of "Earth", Press and Siever page. 413). Mountains therefore form downward as well as upward (see isostasy)". Basically word for word what I originally said in post 210 of page 21 in the "Modern science..." thread where this conversation first began.

You have now been presented with clear cut evidence that mountains do in fact stabilize the earth.
The passage YmirGF was referring to, as you well know since YmirGF posted 16 translations and you have been embarrassing yourself trying to defend the accuracy of, is this one:
Sura 21:31 said:
has set on the earth firm mountains, lest it should shake with you
So you see Fatihah, you presented isostasy as evidence that mountains stabilise the earth for the purposes of supporting the sura 21:31 passage’s claims that mountains prevent earthquakes. Just how bad do your discussion skills have to be Fatihah for it to be the job of others to remind you of what you yourself wrote???

Response: "definitional equivalents"? Speaking of givings words your own meaning...
Earthquakes are the earth shaking. Quakes in the earth are called earthquakes. They are the same thing because the word earthquake is defined to mean a quake in the earth. You already tried to pull a fast one on this once Fatihah, and I’m merely being vigilant to prevent you from trying it again.

Fatihah

You should make sure to check the content of your own claims. This is just one example of you saying that the 'pegs' of mountains was the Qur'an talking about isostasy.

Response: Again, you are either unable not comprehend or wish to not comprehend. Look at the words in which you yourself highlighted. In it, I clearly say that "mountains" not "isostasy", but mountains "do prevent some of the quakes in the earth".

Fatihah

Unfortunately for you Fatihah, your posts are preserved on this site. You posted the following in the other thread:

The passage YmirGF was referring to, as you well know since YmirGF posted 16 translations and you have been embarrassing yourself trying to defend the accuracy of, is this one:

So you see Fatihah, you presented isostasy as evidence that mountains stabilise the earth for the purposes of supporting the sura 21:31 passage’s claims that mountains prevent earthquakes. Just how bad do your discussion skills have to be Fatihah for it to be the job of others to remind you of what you yourself wrote???

Response: Do I see? Do you see? You can't see that you just posted a whole bunch of things and no where does it say that I"ve said that "isostasy" prevents the earth from shaking?

Quote: themadhair
Earthquakes are the earth shaking. Quakes in the earth are called earthquakes. They are the same thing because the word earthquake is defined to mean a quake in the earth. You already tried to pull a fast one on this once Fatihah, and I’m merely being vigilant to prevent you from trying it again.

Response: Is this another one of your "definitional equivalents"? By the way, what dictionary is "definitional equivalent from?

themadhair

Response: Again, you are either unable not comprehend or wish to not comprehend. Look at the words in which you yourself highlighted. In it, I clearly say that "mountains" not "isostasy", but mountains "do prevent some of the quakes in the earth".
You also say isostasy....

McBell

Wow.
i have never seen anyone back peddle so fast.
Wait...no it was you in the other thread as well.

"Yes sir, we want them goal posts on wheels.
Makes them so much easier to move."

Fatihah

You are wrong.

Now I understand that in your wee little brain, you have to twist this post around and claim that I am talking about Islam.
You go right ahead.

Response: When you acknowledge the truth as bullcrap, you only make yourself look absurd.

McBell

You are wrong.

You go right ahead.

Response: When you acknowledge the truth as bullcrap, you only make yourself look absurd.
What truth are trying to claim you have presented?

themadhair

Response: Do I see? Do you see? You can't see that you just posted a whole bunch of things and no where does it say that I"ve said that "isostasy" prevents the earth from shaking?
If you read things, and understand them, then you will understand something called ‘context’. You presented an example of isostasy to argue that mountains stabilise the earth for the purpose of proving that mountains prevent shaking. How bad is it when people you are arguing against know and understand what you have posted better than you do.

Response: Is this another one of your "definitional equivalents"? By the way, what dictionary is "definitional equivalent from?
I believe it is a logic term used to describe when a word, due to its very definition, has an equivalent to another word or concept. I know you are struggling with logic, rationality and remembering what you have posted – please do not tell me that you have language difficulties also.

themadhair

themadhair said:
You also say isostasy....
Response: You also just provided more proof that you can't comprehend.

You mean that painted wolf was wrong when she quoted you for saying isostasy??
isos.jpg

My brother has now come over to find out why I have been laughing so loudly. After reading some of the two threads it is now incapacitated with laughter. Trufax.

Fatihah

If you read things, and understand them, then you will understand something called ‘context’. You presented an example of isostasy to argue that mountains stabilise the earth for the purpose of proving that mountains prevent shaking. How bad is it when people you are arguing against know and understand what you have posted better than you do.

Response: You just said: "You presented an example of isostasy to argue that mountains stabilise the earth for the purpose of proving that mountains prevent shaking."

Let me read it again: "mountains stabilise the earth for the purpose of proving that mountains prevent shaking"

Let me hear it one more time:
"mountains stabilise the earth for the purpose of proving that mountains prevent shaking"

Not isostasy as you just accused me of but what?:
"mountains stabilise the earth for the purpose of proving that mountains prevent shaking"

Thank you.

Quote: themadhair
I believe it is a logic term used to describe when a word, due to its very definition, has an equivalent to another word or concept. I know you are struggling with logic, rationality and remembering what you have posted – please do not tell me that you have language difficulties also.

Response: After using the word, "definitional equivalent", you just said:"please do not tell me that you have language difficulties also"

Yet I'm the one with language difficulties? It doesn't get no better than this.

Last edited:

Fatihah

You mean that painted wolf was wrong when she quoted you for saying isostasy??
isos.jpg

My brother has now come over to find out why I have been laughing so loudly. After reading some of the two threads it is now incapacitated with laughter. Trufax.

Response: Is this another definitional equivalent?

McBell

Response: The truth you just denied? You don't know what you just denied?
Why can you not answer the question?
It is a really simple question.

Don't tell me you have once again lost track of the conversation?
Perhaps the words are to big?
You seem to have serious difficulty with big words.
As a skimming of this thread surely implies.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
This science is called isostasy, a science that was discovered recently with advanced technology but was revealed 1400+ years ago with no advanced technology, making it a qur'anic miracle

Here you claim that Isostacy was revealed int eh Qur'an. I added bold and underline so you could see it.

And no... mountains to do not: "prevent some of the quakes in the earth".
If they did, then they wouldn't be found in places with the highest number of "quakes of the earth".

Fatihah

Why can you not answer the question?
It is a really simple question.

Don't tell me you have once again lost track of the conversation?
Perhaps the words are to big?
You seem to have serious difficulty with big words.
As a skimming of this thread surely implies.

Response: The question was answered. Why don't you know what you just denied? Don't tell me you have lost track of what you just said.