• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Missouri Bill Would Put Teachers On Sex Offender Registry For Affirming Trans Kids' Identities

Wandering Monk

More Republican fascism on display. And they have the temerity of saying the Democrats are weaponizing government!

House bill 2885 states that if any teacher or counselor "provides support, regardless of whether the support is material, information or other resources," to a trans youth who is transitioning could face four years in prison, a $10,000 fine, and be listed as a sex offender in that state.

The bill defines transitioning as when an individual uses names, pronouns, or even gender expression, including clothes and hair styles, that do not match their gender assigned at birth. Displaying pride flags in a classroom or introducing any book with LGBTQ-related material would also be considered felony offenses under the bill.

The bill's sponsor, Rep. Jamie Gragg (R-Christian County), said the motivation behind the legislation was to support parents "who are frustrated with things that kids are being taught in school."

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I love the "o" so reliable source. Lol.

To be fair, I'll say a sex offender status is too harsh though.

It's one of those type of bills that we all know will never pass and it's just there to bring attention to a topic.

Last edited:

Wandering Monk

I love the "o" so reliable source. Lol.

To be fair, I'll say a sex offender status is too harsh though.

It's one of those type of bills that we all know will never pass and it's just there to bring attention to a topic.
Read for yourself:

1709770743815.png

Here is a pdf of the bill. Read it for yourself.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Hey why not? Missouri already has a law that states a woman can't do anything that prevents a fertilized egg from implanting in her uterus.

Living your life is a crime under Republicans.
I wonder if women get to vote in Missouri. What happened in their neighboring state when they tried to remove abortion rights from the state constitution. I seem to have forgotten.

Though I hate what the right is doing, part of me feels like Emperor Palpatine:

1709783067858.png

Unfettered

A striving disciple of Jesus Christ
More Republican fascism on display. And they have the temerity of saying the Democrats are weaponizing government!

House bill 2885 states that if any teacher or counselor "provides support, regardless of whether the support is material, information or other resources," to a trans youth who is transitioning could face four years in prison, a $10,000 fine, and be listed as a sex offender in that state.

The bill defines transitioning as when an individual uses names, pronouns, or even gender expression, including clothes and hair styles, that do not match their gender assigned at birth. Displaying pride flags in a classroom or introducing any book with LGBTQ-related material would also be considered felony offenses under the bill.

The bill's sponsor, Rep. Jamie Gragg (R-Christian County), said the motivation behind the legislation was to support parents "who are frustrated with things that kids are being taught in school."

If government is going to impose education through taxation, other evils can be expected to follow. Eliminate the first evil and you destroy the other as well.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I favor a law that would put on the sex offender
registry anyone who'd propose such legislation.
And they'd have to have a big letter L tattooed
onto their forehead.

Brian2

Veteran Member

Extreme views battling each other and refusing to listen to each other.

Unfettered

A striving disciple of Jesus Christ
Who needs education when one's living is based off feeding people lies and misinformation like far right conservative Christian apologists
Well, don't just single them out. Factions of every other political persuasion likewise have paid entertainers to parrot back to them their particular beliefs and trash all others.

I just shake my head when self-identified leftists find fault with their conservative counterparts for doing that which the leftists do. Everyone just needs to be honest; everyone needs entertainment from time to time. They'refooling themselves who believe that they listen to their favorite political entertainers to get educated.

Last edited:

danieldemol

Premium Member
Well, don't just single them out. Factions of every other political persuasion likewise have paid entertainers to parrot back to them their particular beliefs and trash all others.

I just shake my head when self-identified leftists find fault with their conservative counterparts for doing that which the leftists do. Everyone just needs to be honest; everyone needs entertainment from time to time. Their fooling themselves who believe that they listen to their favorite political entertainers to get educated.
Sorry but emporer Trump is not wearing any clothes in my view. One can falsely equivocate all they want, we can only hope that the public is well informed enough to see through it come election time.