• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Misokinesia - Fear Of Fidgeting

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
In the news.....
Fear of fidgeting: One-third of population suffers from 'hatred of movements'
Excerpted....
VANCOUVER, British Columbia — Can’t stand it when people around you are fidgeting or pacing? You may be suffering from a case of misokinesia, or a hatred of movements. On the bright side, at least you’re not alone. Researchers from the University of British Columbia report that up to one-third of the population is easily irritated by fidgeting.

Researchers define misokinesia as a strong negative emotional response to viewing someone else’s small and repetitive movements.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
In the news.....
Excerpted....
VANCOUVER, British Columbia — Can’t stand it when people around you are fidgeting or pacing? You may be suffering from a case of misokinesia, or a hatred of movements. On the bright side, at least you’re not alone. Researchers from the University of British Columbia report that up to one-third of the population is easily irritated by fidgeting.

Researchers define misokinesia as a strong negative emotional response to viewing someone else’s small and repetitive movements.

With kids around the house any fidgeting phobia is pretty soon cured

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
In the news.....
Excerpted....

Mmh, yes, but moderately. What I really suffer from is phonophobia. I find it intolerable to hear sounds from humans like eating, or breathing. Even the sound of someone tipping on a keyboard drives me crazy.

Ciao

- viole

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Mmh, yes, but moderately. What I really suffer from is phonophobia. I find it intolerable to hear sounds from humans like eating, or breathing. Even the sound of someone tipping on a keyboard drives me crazy.

Ciao

- viole
Don't ever sleep in the bunkhouse in the bottom
of the Grand Canyon. Disturbing noises abound.

Heyo

Veteran Member
In the news.....
Excerpted....

I can usually tolerate it but when I have to concentrate it drives me crazy. Worst offenders: sites with animated commercials, GO players with their fingers in the bowl. (@Revoltingest: I call the ref when you do that!)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I can usually tolerate it but when I have to concentrate it drives me crazy. Worst offenders: sites with animated commercials, GO players with their fingers in the bowl. (@Revoltingest: I call the ref when you do that!)
I'd don't finger the stones during a game.
(I wait til no one is looking.)