• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Miserable and seeking

Birdnest

If you look for the truth sincerely rather than something you like, you'll probably find it. Most people are just looking for what they like. That's not the point of religions though.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
If you look for the truth sincerely rather than something you like, you'll probably find it. Most people are just looking for what they like. That's not the point of religions though.

I know, it seems so shallow. I gotta really try to find what leads me. Actually, I keep getting drawn into looking more at LDS, but I have reservations, questions, etc.

ajay0

After leaving Christianity in 2014, I must have tried most religions out there. I want a religion so badly, of the reason I am not totally sure, but I just can't seem to be okay with any. I feel lonely, untethered and empty. Not sure what to do. I am not a spiritual flake, just confused.

The Golden Rule is present in all religions, imho. Adherence to it itself is an excellent spiritual exercise, even if you do not have a religion of your own at present.

Just adherence to it could make you more spiritual than some religionists who tend to be more vicious than virtuous.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
The "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you," in assorted wording, depending on the religion. I think it started with Confucianism.
I think that different religions and philosophies came up with the Golden Rule independently. It does truly seem to be an idea that is intuited universally.

Not that its a contest, but I think that the wording from the Torah "Love your neighbor as yourself" is older than Confucius.