• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Misconceptions about Islam?

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The way you have put it, can I say the Quran is the sayings of Allah, Hadith sayings of Mohammad and Sunnah sayings of some others?

Yes you can say that...

no Sunna is from the Hadith and they are the most important thing that comes after the Qur'an for a Muslim.

Brother, who wrote the Hadith down and interpreted the Sunnah? "other people". The Prophet did neither of these things.

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
I would like to share this link for information

Hadith and Its Significance in Islam

Bilal Philips said:
The Prophet's sayings and actions were primarily based on revelation from Allah which consequently should be considered a fundamental source of guidance immediately after the Qur'an. Allah in the Qur'an says concerning the Prophet,
(Nor does he (Muhammad) speak out of desire. It is naught but revelation that is revealed.) (An-Najm 53:3–4)
Therefore, Hadith represents a personal source of divine guidance that Allah granted His Prophet, which is similar in its nature to the Qur'an itself. The Prophet reiterated this point in one of his recorded statements,
"Indeed, I was given the Qur'an and something similar to it along with it."
(Abu Dawud)

Process of Hadith Compilation

Last edited:

Landerage

Araknor
no woman was stoned under command of Mohammad SAW. i don't think obeying God is silly, of course not. i see problem in believing what people say. they say things and very serious things like killing people but none of them could back it up with Qur'an. people may want to obey God. yet it is very tragic they make up commands and follow them blindly. that's what i am talking about. this is not about devotion. anyway, no reason to say more. you go your way, i go mine. may Allah lead all of us to better. Ramadan Mubarak to you :)

well if a person's inside is correct, and he was well formed and open minded there's no fear on him! But the fear is on those who dont use their mind as u said. ramadan mubarak!
and ssainhu i didnt quite understand how what u said contradicts what i said :confused:

abdulbasith

I'm not very knowledgeable on the hadith, but is it that the hadith were basically talking about specific scenarios and how our Prophet (saw) dealt with those, and that is why it isn't meant to be taken as a "rule" for muslims to follow. Am I correct?

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
abdulbasith said:
I'm not very knowledgeable on the hadith, but is it that the hadith were basically talking about specific scenarios and how our Prophet (saw) dealt with those, and that is why it isn't meant to be taken as a "rule" for muslims to follow. Am I correct?

Please read the first link in the post # 22 above.

edx500

I have been looking at some of the threads concerning Islam and while I don't mean to offend, a lot of this makes my eyes glaze over. Is there an actual religious debate as far as Muslims are concerned?

Do Christians, Jews..etc. risk Hellfire and damnation if ultimately they choose to stay with their own beliefs?

Does God in Islam bring a Spirit of peace and Love that changes a person inside? The things I see in some of these threads make me ask.....Why all the murder and rules?

Landerage

Araknor
I have been looking at some of the threads concerning Islam and while I don't mean to offend, a lot of this makes my eyes glaze over. Is there an actual religious debate as far as Muslims are concerned?

Do Christians, Jews..etc. risk Hellfire and damnation if ultimately they choose to stay with their own beliefs?

Does God in Islam bring a Spirit of peace and Love that changes a person inside? The things I see in some of these threads make me ask.....Why all the murder and rules?
I don't think the Christians and Jews who worshiped God, did good deeds, prayed, will be sent to damnation :facepalm: but the question is, did they reject the Qur'an or no, did they think of Muhammed (pbuh) as not the prophet of God ? Did they reject anyone who is a muslim and seeked corruption towards Islam? Or did they tend to learn from muslims and seek more knowledge and had good intentions towards Islam as it might be the correct path to follow after Christianity.
Indeed God brings peace to those who study the Qur'an and get deep into it's secrets, and to those who do their daily prayers and all the other muslim duties. As for myself, I did change from the inside when I started learning about Islam.
Murders are for those who seeked corruption towards Islam, and few persons can obey all the rules without comitting sins which comes the part to ask forgiveness from God.

edx500

I would like to think we could learn from each other. I think belief in God is expressed in many ways. I get a lot of insight from other religions and I try
to see a different aspect of God by looking at other's beliefs.

I strive not to condemn or reject anyone, but I think I've had to work at it and give up thinking other faiths were wrong. I once had 2/3's of the World going to hell!
Great logic huh?

I've moved a long way from that in the last ten years or so and I seek enlightenment..whatever that is.

Ultimately I think we are all better by seeking a knowledge of God.

Last edited:

Landerage

Araknor
I would like to think we could learn from each other. I think belief in God is expressed in many ways. I get a lot of insight from other religions and I try
to see a different aspect of God by looking at other's beliefs.

I strive not to condemn or reject anyone, but I think I've had to work at it and give up thinking other faiths were wrong. I once had 2/3's of the World going to hell!
Great logic huh?

I've moved a long way from that in the last ten years or so and I seek enlightenment..whatever that is.

Ultimately I think we are all better by seeking a knowledge of God.
That logic is true, 1/1000 goes to heaven or 1/100 I think I read that somewhere. But many are sent to hell for a certain period of times to be cured from their sins after that they are sent back to heaven. So the proportions arent what a beleiver should be worried about. And another fact is that: all the mercy on earth is 1 and the mercy in the after life is 99 x greater then the one on earth, i think it's a hadith. So no one should ever give up on how mercyful God is.
I think of Islam like going through a fast highway, it organises life, make you very close to God, prevents you from comitting sins. There might be other ways to worship God and so, but I don't think they offer as much answers, and organisation as Islam in my opinion. And the Qur'an have so much wisdoms and miracles, and the Hadith aswell, I just knew in my heart that this path is the best choice I can ever make.

Strangelet

Hi there. Most of the debate on this thread, as I understand it, is about the place of Hadith in Islam. Since I am not Muslim, I don't care much about that. As for the fate of non-Muslims, the Qur'an has some fairly specific words.

“Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,‐ any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.” 2:62

"And whoever desires a religion other than Islam, it shall not be accepted from him, and in the hereafter he shall be one of the losers." 3:85

Islam shares a lot in Common with Christianity, in some ways. You are not condemned for staying with your own beliefs, you are condemned because God went to so much effort to give you guidance, and you rejected him. That comes through in the Bible, for instance, in 1 John 5:10: "Whoever does not believe God has made him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has borne concerning his Son."

Similar logic is used on several sides. Ignoring the words of God is a grievous sin, but everyone squabbles over which words actually come from God. I personally feel that the Qur'an is certainly not the word of God, and many Muslims tell you the opposite, because everyone sees things so differently. Of course, I also doubt that God wrote the Bible.

Oh, btw, whoever accused me of interchanging the words "Arab" and "Muslim", you are wrong. I know perfectly well what the difference is, and I used the word which I meant.

tariqkhwaja

Jihad Against Terrorism
Assalamualaikum.

Oh ... pity I saw this so late when argument has become so scattered. So let's try to unscatter.

1. http://www.religiousforums.com/foru...6-muslims-islam-does-not-allow-corporeal.html
Here is a verse to illustrate the point made there:
A section of the people of the Book urge some from among themselves: why not affirm, in the early part of the day, belief in that which has been revealed unto the believers and repudiate it in the latter part of the day, perchance they may turn away from their faith.
They could not have envisioned (let alone practice) such a scheme if they faced death.

2. Ahmadi Muslims do NOT reject Hadith. We just take them with a grain of salt knowing that they are fallible. Anyone interested in knowing why should think Chinese Whispers game that many played in their childhood. The Quran, however, is infallible. Not sure of the details of the stoning Hadith but yes, Quran does not mention it (though that does not mean it was not used as a punishment).

3. Yes Jihad does also refer to Holy War at times though it has been used in other meanings several other times.

4. The 3 sources of knowledge are Quran, Sunnah, and then Hadith. Sunnah is not derived from Hadith. It was established by our Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) long before Hadith compilation occurred. That is the difference between Sunnah and Hadith. To say Sunnah is derived from Hadith is an insult to our Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) in that he failed to establish his Sunnah (in praying, eating, drinking, etc.) before hadith came to be.

tariqkhwaja

Jihad Against Terrorism
Yeah ... I should edit that. These are not the ONLY 3 sources of knowledge. Rather they are the first three. The list is I think 7 sources long but I don't know for sure.