• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

miracles

Audie

Veteran Member
So the story goes. :rolleyes: BTW, I've got this bridge I'd like to get off my hands . . . . .

Seriously,this is the kind of naive mentality that is such easy prey for scammers. I hope he is lucky and none of them find him, but, there are an awful lot of scams out there.

Audie

Veteran Member
Everyone was trying to prove Katherine Kuhlman was a fraud. What an chance with a claim like this All they had to do was contact his doctor Find me anyone who investigated this miracle and claimed it wasnt true This miracle was proclaimed to the entire country right after it happened

All someone has to do is a before and after with
actual doctors, and get it written up in the AMA Journal. It would make world headlines.

Why do you suppose they never do? And no legs grow back? Think hard. Then think some more.

You know, one of the sad things about people who've been scammed is that they are soooo reluctant to give it up.

I've a friend who works at a bank, and sometimes then
all but stand in the door, saying "YOU SHALL NOT PASS:" to try to protect people from sending money
to some scammer. It happens all the freakin' time!

Sometimes they call the police, and say, could you talk
to this lady / guy?

Then it will play out like "Well, did you enter the Dutch lottery?"

"No"

"Then how could you win?"

"They said I did."

"Did they ask you to send money first, then you collect?"

"Yes"

"How do you suppose we know what they asked you to do?"

"I dont know"

"We have seen this same thing a thousand times, it is
a scam!
!!"

You, my friend, are like that. Sorry.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Everyone was trying to prove Katherine Kuhlman was a fraud. What an chance with a claim like this All they had to do was contact his doctor Find me anyone who investigated this miracle and claimed it wasnt true This miracle was proclaimed to the entire country right after it happened

I believe Katherine Kuhlman was fraud, and it has been demonstrated.

From: Faith Healing is Fake Healing • Great Plains Skeptic

Kathryn Kuhlman claimed to heal a woman of her spinal cancer and told her she no longer needed her crutches. The next day the woman did not use her crutches causing her to collapse. She then died of her subsequent injuries from the fall.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
You were talking about reputable honest science?

Anecdotal evidence is evidence of anecdotes.
No more.

You do know the anecdotal evidence of mermaids and
chupacabre? Alien abductions? That you even mention anecdotes shows the paucity of your presentation.
I do not believe every anecdotal story I hear. I consider them and use critical reasoning looking at things like quantity, quality and constancy and form my position on what I believe.

I am not doing physical science. I am doing an overall evaluation of what are the most reasonable beliefs on the subject of the paranormal.
Your belief in "scientific evidence" is only evidence of your belief, though secondarily it may be evidence of
naive credulity.

I repeat, with no fear at all of being shown wrong:

Nobody has ever been able to scientifically demonstrate any paranormal phenomenon of any sort.

You want to believe in it, fine; your misfortune and none of my own.

It is best though to state your beliefs as just that, beliefs, dont you think? Like your widely contradicted belief in the scientific integrity or your Ieelander.
Dont state it as fact.

Or say that people who actually expect some rigour are being irrational.
Scientific evidence does come from controlled experiments in subjects like telepathy, remote viewing and gifted mediumship. I have seen the evidence and consider it valid. To not consider this evidence is actually science denial.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Scientific evidence does come from controlled experiments in subjects like telepathy, remote viewing and gifted mediumship. I have seen the evidence and consider it valid. To not consider this evidence is actually science denial.

I will have to contest your claim of 'Scientific evidence does come from controlled experiments in subjects like telepathy, remote viewing and gifted mediumship.'

The current scientific research does not support these expressions of miracles nor anecdotal claims of the supernatural.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I will have to contest your claim of 'Scientific evidence does come from controlled experiments in subjects like telepathy, remote viewing and gifted mediumship.'
Contest if you want but I have looked into it and have found no convincing challenge to the results.

As in any controversial subject, we each must do our own homework and form our own position.
The current scientific research does not support these expressions of miracles nor anecdotal claims of the supernatural.
I wasn't talking about scientific research into miracles or anecdotal claims. I was talking about scientific research into psychic abilities. But anyway, the current scientific research doesn't disqualify miracles either. On some subjects an honest evaluation of the human experience can tell us about the likelihood of things science can not study.

As for the anecdotal claims, after the quality. quantity and consistency of all the reports I have heard from respectable witnesses over the decades, I find it essentially impossible for me to comprehend how they can all ever be dismissed as normal phenomena.

Last edited:

dianaiad

currently revising

A Miracle is an event that follows natural physical laws we don't know about yet. A Miricle may be caused by God or other supernatural deity...or not.

A Miracle is NOT something that 'can't happen' because WE don't know how to do it. Yet.

I am reminded of Clarks Third Law: any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguisable from magic.

You know, like Christ's Virgin Birth. Miracle, right

But we can do it as an outpatient procedure, and it doesn't raise an eyebrow.

(shrug)

Never say that something cannot happen simply because you don't have a clue how it could. Someone will up and do it.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I believe that to be false. I believe there is overwhelming anecdotal evidence to command belief. Also, I believe there is scientific evidence showing fantastic odds against chance in controlled scientific experiments in the fields of telepathy, remote viewing and gifted mediumship as examples.
The world behaves exactly as if paranormal phenomena existed only in imagination and as a label for certain types of convenient coincidence.

People are murdered, get lost and die, get ill and aren't found till too late, all day and every day. No amount of wishing will slide your mobile phone or your tablets closer to you when they could save your life. Cars, bikes, trains, planes, crash all the time without any warning to their victims.

If animal A could detect and interpret the mind of animal B outside the range of A's senses, then that would hugely enhance A's chances of surviving and of breeding. Accordingly evolution would select for it very strongly. Same with twoway telepathic communication, prognostication, clairvoyance, telekinesis, whatever. But we see nothing of the kind in nature.

And Randi's prize, which began in 1964, by 1996 had grown to $US1m, and ended in 2015, was never once successfully claimed. Surely if there had been even one genuine case of paranormal talent, that would have drawn it out?

Nope. Not one authenticated example, not one repeatable experiment, not one explanatory hypothesis expressed in falsifiable form and surviving.

allright

I believe Katherine Kuhlman was fraud, and it has been demonstrated.

From: Faith Healing is Fake Healing • Great Plains Skeptic

Kathryn Kuhlman claimed to heal a woman of her spinal cancer and told her she no longer needed her crutches. The next day the woman did not use her crutches causing her to collapse. She then died of her subsequent injuries from the fall.

Katherine Kuhlman never claimed to heal anyone. If anyone claimed to healed it had to be verified by their doctors before it would be considered a miracle.

Suggest you get a copy of "the Miracles" by Doctor Richard Casdorph documenting 10 miracles
of healing 7 from Katherine Kuhlman services He provides x-rays,. bone scans and interviews with the patients doctors. Out of print but can be bought used on amazon

The man who wrote her autobiography at first said he was a skeptic but to quote him "After 200 medically confirmed miracles the evidence speaks for itself."

Last edited:

Darkstorn

This shows how unique i am.
Katherine Kuhlman never claimed to heal anyone. If anyone claimed to healed it had to be verified by their doctors before it would be considered a miracle.

You seem just like one of those people who expect a payoff at the end of a Nigerian scam.

"After 200 medically confirmed miracles the evidence speaks for itself."

Show even one of these so called medically confirmed miracles and then we can talk. :D

You may want to believe. But your belief isn't a convincing argument. I find it sad you don't realize it.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

The man who wrote her autobiography at first said he was a skeptic but to quote him "After 200 medically confirmed miracles the evidence speaks for itself."
Who's the man that wrote her biography?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It's ironic that Kathrine Khulman, a woman centering her scam..er career on the principles based upon faith in God for healing, would herself seek out doctors instead of god to address her own heart condition which eventually lead to her death.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

I believe KK did claim to heal, simply based on the facts of her life.

Darkstorn

This shows how unique i am.
It's ironic that Kathrine Khulman, a woman centering her scam..er career on the principles based upon faith in God for healing, would herself seek out doctors instead of god to address her own heart condition which eventually lead to her death.

I'm thinking she was smart enough not to believe her own claims.

Audie

Veteran Member
If someone could actually do a miracle, why not do one that helps humanity, like create rain in a drought stricken region? I guess that would be too logical.

If there were miracle cures, why cant they grow back a leg?

What is logical does not enter into the freakin' mind of these "Believers".