• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Miracles (Does God Exist?)

Tre-L

Two Tears In a Bucket
Surely life itself is the result of a great creator. I think that many are so accustomed to miracles, and God that both are often overlooked as being non existent. If you take God out of life, then you take life out of existence.

[youtube]_-agl0pOQfs[/youtube]
Great song (Miracles) Don't watch if you are offended by language

Tre-L

Jeremiah

Surely life itself is the result of a great creator. I think that many are so accustomed to miracles, and God that both are often overlooked as being non existent. If you take God out of life, then you take life out of existence.

Great song (Miracles) Don't watch if you are offended by language

Tre-L

"If you take God out of life, then you take life out of existence."

So if we don't believe in your god we don't have a life? Is that what you are saying? That is a very narrow minded perceptive.

Jeremiah

You know what I say? I say if ghostly multidimensional hermit crabs don't exist then there would be no life.

Has about all the substance of what you are saying, which is almost nothing at all.

Tre-L

Two Tears In a Bucket
God Creates life, we as living beings experience the life he creates. If God did not exist, then there would be no life to experience. Far too many are so accustomed to the miracles of life that they no longer recognize God. It's much like a kid who get everything he asks for. There comes a time when he no longer appreciates what he's been given, nor does he appreciate the one who gives those things to him.

I think that perhaps the world is full of spoiled children who do not appreciate life, or the one who gave life to us. Either that or many have simply chosen to turn a blind eye to everyday miracles.

Envy life,

Tre-L

Looncall

God Creates life, we as living beings experience the life he creates. If God did not exist, then there would be no life to experience. Far too many are so accustomed to the miracles of life that they no longer recognize God. It's much like a kid who get everything he asks for. There comes a time when he no longer appreciates what he's been given, nor does he appreciate the one who gives those things to him.

I think that perhaps the world is full of spoiled children who do not appreciate life, or the one who gave life to us. Either that or many have simply chosen to turn a blind eye to everyday miracles.

Envy life,

Tre-L

Since it is becoming clearer all the time that life is just fancy chemistry, this is just superstitious twaddle. Or can you back up your view with evidence?

Tre-L

Two Tears In a Bucket
You know what I say? I say if ghostly multidimensional hermit crabs don't exist then there would be no life.

Has about all the substance of what you are saying, which is almost nothing at all.

The substance of God is here, you simply choose to ignore what is right in front of you. I could care less myself, Jeremiah. The fact of the matter is that you get to experience God whether you wish to recognize God or not.

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
We have created DNA streams from scratch, and installed them inside cells. (The test case even had the experimenter's email encoded in it) Unless "God" is the laws of physics, there doesn't seem to be anything going on other than chemistry.

I'm saying if God didn't exist then there would be no life to live

Care to elaborate?

and while you're at it; substantiate.

welcome to the boards,
since the only thing anybody knows about your religious or metaphysical views is that you A) believe in a god and B) believe that said god will forgive you for subjecting innocent people to ICP, it would be nice if you could give us a little more information on your take on this god fellow. be as specific as you can, because as you will notice, hanging around, some of us are really particular about wording. :D

Eliot Wild

Irreverent Agnostic Jerk
It seems to me we cheapen the concept of the 'miraculous' when we declare that everything from rainbows to rock concerts are "miracles". And no offense to the Insane Clown Posse or to the OP, but that's exactly what that song does, it equates the everyday mundane to god's handiwork.

A rainbow, though certainly beautiful, is not a 'miracle'. It is a natural effect that occurs when light is passed through water causing the wavelength to bend and split into its component parts, hence we see the spectrum of colors present in sunlight.

The song also mentions that it is miraculous that 85,000 people can fit into a single room for a concert. Really? This is the work of God? A true miracle? The Tennessee Volunteers football team packs their stadium with pretty much 100,000 attendance for every single home game. Not really a miracle, just good stadium construction and well-planned, well-organized security efforts.

Again, no offense, but a lot of so-called 'miracles', evidence of God, have relatively simple explanations, if one just takes the time to do a little research and study. And if God really does exist, I would think he'd appreciate our efforts to explore and explain his universe rather than shaking our heads and dismissively calling all that is fascinating 'inexplicable'.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

I appreciate life very much; I don't think that acceptance or rejection of the supernatural has anything to do with how much we appreciate life.

Actually, now that I think about it... IMO, if you only appreciate life if you think it was a gift from some heavenly father-figure, then you don't really appreciate it for what it is.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
It seems to me we cheapen the concept of the 'miraculous' when we declare that everything from rainbows to rock concerts are "miracles". And no offense to the Insane Clown Posse or to the OP, but that's exactly what that song does, it equates the everyday mundane to god's handiwork.

A rainbow, though certainly beautiful, is not a 'miracle'. It is a natural effect that occurs when light is passed through water causing the wavelength to bend and split into its component parts, hence we see the spectrum of colors present in sunlight.

The song also mentions that it is miraculous that 85,000 people can fit into a single room for a concert. Really? This is the work of God? A true miracle? The Tennessee Volunteers football team packs their stadium with pretty much 100,000 attendance for every single home game. Not really a miracle, just good stadium construction and well-planned, well-organized security efforts.

Again, no offense, but a lot of so-called 'miracles', evidence of God, have relatively simple explanations, if one just takes the time to do a little research and study. And if God really does exist, I would think he'd appreciate our efforts to explore and explain his universe rather than shaking our heads and dismissively calling all that is fascinating 'inexplicable'.
Those are good points, but tell me: what distinguishes something as mundane? How we tell the mundane from (whatever you put as not mundane)?

Tre-L

Two Tears In a Bucket
Since it is becoming clearer all the time that life is just fancy chemistry, this is just superstitious twaddle. Or can you back up your view with evidence?

Evidence of life is evident. I myself see evidence of God all around me. You see nothing but fancy chemistry. How do people come to such opposing views all while given the same substance to taste? I guess some like tofu while others don't. Perhaps some people just have a dull palate, and are unable to experience the subtle flavors that some are able to enjoy.

Evidence of life is evident. I myself see evidence of God all around me. You see nothing but fancy chemistry. How do people come to such opposing views all while given the same substance to taste? I guess some like tofu while others don't. Perhaps some people just have a dull palate, and are unable to experience the subtle flavors that some are able to enjoy.

not to be rude, but some of us are just not into the taste of ************.
people in this thread are asking for specifics. can we have them?

Jeremiah

Envy life,

Tre-L

"I think that perhaps the world is full of spoiled children who do not appreciate life"

Well, that is somewhat of a hypocritical position for someone who is judging the worth of another on whether or not they believe in your imaginary friend.

Also, if you don't like atheist then perhaps, instead of hiding behind "God", you should have the balls to just say so.

Eliot Wild

Irreverent Agnostic Jerk
Those are good points, but tell me: what distinguishes something as mundane? How we tell the mundane from (whatever you put as not mundane)?

Come on, this is easy. If I can figure it out, it is mundane. If I can't figure it out, it has to be the work of God. Duh.

Seriously, I don't personally have a good measuring stick. I suppose if a particular phenomenon succeeds at defying our understanding and explanations, then by definition it is 'inexplicable'. And granted, the 'inexplicable' is often merely that which is just beyond our grasp, not always divinely hidden somewhere forever in the realm of gods. Therefore, what is inexplicable to one mind is just a problem awaiting a solution for another.

But when we believe the 'miraculous' appears in such things as Kleenex--pull one out and another pops right up to take its place, what a miracle!!!--then we might need to revisit our definition of 'miraculous'.

NeoSeeker

Searching Low & High

Envy life,

Tre-L

I think the problem is attributing everyday occurrences, especially unexplainable occurrences, or random events with favorable outcomes to a divine source. I call it the Big Brother Syndrome. ;) Additionally, the debate is who or what do we thank? Are the circumstances that led to our creation or existence (if you prefer) by the hand of an entity what is looking for or capable of hearing our thanks? If you think the answer is "yes", please tell me that is your faith talking and it is not based on some pseudo fact or quasi evidence. :)

Last edited:

Tre-L

Two Tears In a Bucket
not to be rude, but some of us are just not into the taste of ************.
people in this thread are asking for specifics. can we have them?

What specifics would you like to know, and why would the details be so important for those of you who do not believe in a creator at all?

I believe in God (Creator of all things) and I believe in love. The rest is inconsequential baggage. Most people are in sinking ships refusing to toss out the baggage (Religion) in order to keep the boat afloat, while others (Atheists) choose to swim the span of the ocean without so much of a life jacket to hold them up. We have two extremes with most people, both of which lead to the same end.

Tre-L