• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Minaret collapse kills 40...a Muslim point of view

Sahar

It's a title of a kind of old thread that has been revived :).

Since I can't reply in that thread http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/agnostic-dir/93432-mosque-roof-collapses-killing-40-a.html, I am going to do it here and reply to some points made in that thread about God and His worshipers.

People die, this is a fact. The important question for the believer is your status when death comes to you...your last moments. You might die while cheating, having adultery, etc. and you might die while fighting for your people, prostrating to God, helping an orphan...and if you were doing these good things sincerely for the sake of God, then this is the best way to die ever and in that case, you're a martyr. You might die while God is displeased with you and you might die while He is pleased with you.
And these last moments reflect the rest of your life and we believe that on the day of judgment, you'll be resurrected in the same status in which you died.

Actually, I envy those who died while they were mentioning God's name and prostrating to Him...I wish that this will be how I die...if those who died in the mosque didn't die, they would die from a heart attack, in a car accident...they would die in a different way some day...death is death whether by roof collapse or by a disease but what makes the difference is your status before death; the status of your heart with God and and your last deeds.

And because for us this world is not our goal at all and it's not the end for us...death for the believer is like a tunnel that takes us from this temporary trivial world to the real life when we will see God forever and live in the shades of His love and pleasure eternally and this is the utmost pleasure to us.

So this accident doesn't suggest there is no God who cares about His worshipers, on the contrary, it shows His mercy for the sincere believers by giving them the honor of dying while mentioning Him. And those believers are not really dead, they are martyrs. Nothing is greater than this.

"It's death whether by killing or by cancer; it's the same thing. Nothing will change if it's an Apache (helicopter) or cardiac arrest. But I prefer to be killed by Apache." Martyr Al-Rantissi who was killed by an Israeli Apache.

Last edited:
Yes, this is true, but it is also the responsibility of a Muslim government to care for its people by maintaining buildings and not being horribly corrupt as most Muslims nations are today.

Sahar

Yes, of course. In fact, if there was any shortcoming, the responsible must be punished.

Bismillah

Submit
Very nice post sister. We are closest to Allah once we are in Sajdah isn't that why there is a difference between the recitation between the Ruku and the Sajdah? The Ruku is more formal and the Sajdah less so because of our profound connection with Allah?

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
Dear Sahar, I agree with what you've said. In the Bhagawad Gita also it is said that what matters are our thoughts at the time of death. Commentators have pointed out that since often death comes about unexpectedly, our thoughts also would be caught repeating at the time of death what has become inherent in the mind. Therefore it teaches that good thoughts must be inculcated at an early age.