• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Million Dollar Baby

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
I didnt ask anyone if i could start a thread on this, but I got the idea from the "boys dont cry" thread...

So anyway... some movies reflect real life... (who woulda thunk it? )

I think it's remarkable that so many life/death decisions were made in teh movie... i'll try not to give the ending away for those who haven't seen it... but for those who have, wanna discuss it?

Was "Boss" right for doing what he did?

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
I think he was... he loved her so much and did everything for her.... *sigh* such a GREAT story... i cry every time...

kevmicsmi

Buttons* said:
I didnt ask anyone if i could start a thread on this, but I got the idea from the "boys dont cry" thread...

So anyway... some movies reflect real life... (who woulda thunk it? )

I think it's remarkable that so many life/death decisions were made in teh movie... i'll try not to give the ending away for those who haven't seen it... but for those who have, wanna discuss it?

Was "Boss" right for doing what he did?

Yes he was right, although thats not a statement on whether it should be legal or not..

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
kevmicsmi said:
Yes he was right, although thats not a statement on whether it should be legal or not..
yeah, but that's not what i'm asking... why do you think it was right?

kevmicsmi

Buttons* said:
yeah, but that's not what i'm asking... why do you think it was right?
Because he cared for the girl, and was willing to do what she wanted, no matter the long term effects on himself.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
She was in tears begging for that to happen. I feel he was right to do it.

If you haven't seen it, go rent it. It goes into much more depth than boxing.

retrorich

SUPER NOT-A-MOD
kevmicsmi said:
He was right in doing the merciful thing. However, his action should not have been necessary. PROFESSIONALLY assisted suicides should be legal and avaiable.

FREE DR. KEVORKIAN!!!

Ori

Angel slayer
I didn't think it was a great film, but it had some interesting things to say.

I believe Boss was right in what he did.

nutshell

I believe the girl and Boss had the right to make their own decisions and so in that sense it was right.

I'm not sure I agreed with it, but who really knows what they would do until placed in the same situation.

Best line of that movie: "JC was not a demi-God you f***ing pagan." -Irish American Catholic Priest

I couldn't stop laughing. It was so sudden.

Please, no offence to the Catholics, pagans, or any other group that line may offend. Perhaps you need to see it in context.

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
nutshell said:
Best line of that movie: "JC was not a demi-God you f***ing pagan." -Irish American Catholic Priest

I couldn't stop laughing. It was so sudden.

Please, no offence to the Catholics, pagans, or any other group that line may offend. Perhaps you need to see it in context.
That cracked me up. :p He seemed so patient up until that point.

As for what Boss did, I think he did the right thing even if it was really ******* sad. :sad: