• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Miaow! Well we are just purrfect!

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
For @SavedByTheLord, all YECS, and all cat lovers.

The domestic cat is a member of the Felidae, a family that had a common ancestor about 10–15 million years ago. The genus Felis diverged from other Felidae around 6–7 million years ago. Results of phylogenetic research confirm that the wild Felis species evolved through sympatric or parapatric speciation, whereas the domestic cat evolved through artificial selection.

Even dogs love them really:

700bfull-cats-and-dogs.jpg

Last edited:

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
For @SavedByTheLord, all YECS, and all cat lovers.

The domestic cat is a member of the Felidae, a family that had a common ancestor about 10–15 million years ago. The genus Felis diverged from other Felidae around 6–7 million years ago. Results of phylogenetic research confirm that the wild Felis species evolved through sympatric or parapatric speciation, whereas the domestic cat evolved through artificial selection.
Obviously I already knew this ;)

I do recall reading that sharks have basically stopped evolving because they have reached perfection for the environment they are in. (Before humans started acidifying the oceans....)

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
The article leaves out the many opposite examples that show some cats have new features, such as reversible back ankles which allow only one or two species to climb down trees. Others are specialized runners, listeners, swimmers, hiders, loners and pack animals with physical anatomical differences that no other species shares. There is not one kind of cat.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
The article leaves out the many opposite examples that show some cats have new features, such as reversible back ankles which allow only one or two species to climb down trees. Others are specialized runners, listeners, swimmers, hiders, loners and pack animals with physical anatomical differences that no other species shares. There is not one kind of cat.
True, and perhaps they are no more the results of evolution than any others, but they seem to have evolved, like so many other species, to be perfect at what they do - being predatory hunters. Bu why would evolution not have produced so many more varieties other than the general form that cats being the answer? Why did God provide so many varieties in other species but not so much in cats?

But I suspect the article was a bit tongue-in-cheek - as was this thread. :oops:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
True, and perhaps they are no more the results of evolution than any others, but they seem to have evolved, like so many other species, to be perfect at what they do - being predatory hunters. Bu why would evolution not have produced so many more varieties other than the general form that cats being the answer? Why did God provide so many varieties in other species but not so much in cats?

But I suspect the article was a bit tongue-in-cheek - as was this thread. :oops:
Ooohhhh. Tongue in cheek.... Am I the last to catch on? Yes got it now. Ok, lets get on with it. :flushed:

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
They are of course perfect. My boy is currently on a drip at the vets because of his pancreatitis. Hopefully he'll be back home tomorrow. I wish I could have his pain for him. :pensive: