• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Metaphysics of Gender.

John D. Brey

I
It's not very complicated. Truth is a quality of statements. Facts are not.

. . . I think you have that backwards. A statement can be factual but can only represent the truth. Facts don't need to be represented since they're mundane. Truth on the other hand is transcendent and can thus only be clothed in, or represented by, mundane statements.

John

leov

. . . Right. And in Hebrew, blood is a material representation of breath. So that God forms the physical body of the first human and then places the blood in the body.

So symbolically, when the animal sacrifice is offered, its the blood that's spilled out on the altar. The blood represents the spirit, or soul, i.e., the masculine.

Which causes a problem for Western metaphysics and Judaism since the body is female, and the soul, or spirit, i.e., the blood, is male. Which means the female comes before the male. Which is an inversion of the Jewish rendering of Genesis 2 that has feed into Western metaphysics.

John
. . . Right. And in Hebrew, blood is a material representation of breath. So that God forms the physical body of the first human and then places the blood in the body.

So symbolically, when the animal sacrifice is offered, its the blood that's spilled out on the altar. The blood represents the spirit, or soul, i.e., the masculine.

Which causes a problem for Western metaphysics and Judaism since the body is female, and the soul, or spirit, i.e., the blood, is male. Which means the female comes before the male. Which is an inversion of the Jewish rendering of Genesis 2 that has feed into Western metaphysics.

John
Imo, appearance of mankind as we see ourselves in a mirror is noted in Genesis 3:20 .

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
. . . I think you have that backwards. A statement can be factual but can only represent the truth. Facts don't need to be represented since they're mundane. Truth on the other hand is transcendent and can thus only be clothed in, or represented by, mundane statements.
A statement is true to the extent that it's factual. The fact itself isn't 'true' in that sense ─ the truth is a quality of the report of the fact.

And what objective test will determine for us whether something is 'transcendent' or not?

There isn't such a test, is there? 'Transcendent' is a blah word, all connotation, no denotation, no?