• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Message to Christians: What evidence do you have that the God of the Bible exists?

Agnostic75

Consider the following from another thread:

Agnostic75 said:
What is your evidence?

mikiel said:
Well let's start with you, you are part of the evidence. You are blind to this, so why can't you see it? Because the darkness blinds you, and it does so because its there, and thats what it does. You are intelligent, alive, reasonable, and yet this bothers you, you are not ignoring it. Your interest is part of the evidence.

Your Consciousness is part of the evidence. Is your Consciousness clear on this subject? If so why are you debating, your debate is part of the evidence.

Your Life is part of the evidence, the creator created you, you don't believe that, your denial of that is part of the evidence. A power has you in denial.

Your memory is part of the evidence.

Your belief system is part of the evidence.

Your whole life's history is part of the evidence, you have a destiny, that even you can't see clearly. You can't, because the darkness exists to cloud you.

Agnostic75 said:
I will cut and paste what you and I said to my new thread at http://www.religiousforums.com/foru...istians-what-evidence-do-you.html#post1932699, and I will post a reply there.

What mikiel said was just preaching. Any follower of any religion can preach, but that does not get discussions anywhere.

Agnostic75

Mister Emu said:
He's spoken to me.

Why yes, and also to many deists, Hindus, Buddhists, and followers of other religions.

Are the majority of moderators Christians or non-Christians? It doesn't matter to me one way or the other. I was just curious.

By the way, I was a fundamentalist Christian for over 30 years. I gave up religion soley for health reasons. Now I have hundreds of other reasons for rejecting religion, but not necessarily the existence of a deistic God.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Why yes, and also to many deists, Hindus, Buddhists, and followers of other religions.
:shrug: I can't speak to their experiences, only my own...

Are the majority of moderators Christians or non-Christians? It doesn't matter to me one way or the other. I was just curious.
Non...

Agnostic75

Agnostic75 said:
Why yes, and [God has also spoken to the followers of many other religions.]

Mister Emu said:
I can't speak to their experiences, only my own.

Yes, as say all theists. How are one theist's experiences any more reliable than another's? Is your only approach to proselytizing "If it feels good, believe it"?

Agnostic75

Agnostic75 said:

Mister Emu said:

That did not answer my question. If you don't mind, please answer my question. In addition, are the owners of this website Christians or non-Christians? Either way is fine with me.

Last edited:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Your question:

Mr. Emu's answer:

"Non" as in Non-Christian", which is one of the choices in your question.

That did not answer my question. If you don't mind, please answer my question. In addition, are the owners of this website Christians or non-Christians? Either way is fine with me.

I can't speak for the owners (never met them, don't know what their personal beliefs are) but I do know that the person who acts a a liason between the owners and the staff is non-religious.

As far as the make-up of the staff itself, we have staff members who identify as Christian, Pagan, Muslim, Atheist (quite a few) , Agnostic, Deist, Pantheist, and undecided.

Agnostic75

Quagmire said:
Mr. Emu's answer:

"Non." "Non" as in Non-Christian", which is one of the choices in your question.

Thanks. I had wrongly interpreted "non" as the French word for "no."

By the way, I like this website a lot. One thing that I like is that I have not come across any profanity here. Another thing is that I like is that most people are polite.