• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mentors

Lightkeeper

I heard that when the student is ready the teacher appears. I started writing poetry and that led me to a poetry group and in that group was a woman I had a relationship with for 15 years. She was in the role of mentor. I learned many things from her and it changed my life and spirituality. The funny thing is, it just happened and she probably had no other students. Her life wasn't in great shape, but obviously I had a lot to learn from her.

Do you believe we have teachers out there and we will hook up with them as needed? Have you ever had a mentor?

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I did with Scuba! I went for a dive with a friend who brought yet another of his friends. I was a Dive Master wanting to become an PADI instructor. Then I met MB... he was not only an instructor, but also an instructor trainer... but with NAUI. We talked and he suggested that I consider NAUI and that he had JUST the Course Director.

What a life turning event that was. :D

MB and I just finished creating the "ScubaBoard Training Center" which currently offers training in First Aid/CPR as well as associated classes. We have 7 instructors, most of which have a strong outdoor background.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I do, and still have. He's the Bear in my user-photo, and I also consider him the father of my spirit. (Y'know, the person you choose as a parent, so that you can have a healthy figure in that role.)

At first, I was almost completely unwilling to accept the idea that the student is worthy of the teacher, but as I'm becoming more comfortable with my power, I embrace that idea.