• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

mentally ill?

I have had a lot of strange experiences with energy. Energy running through my body and through specific parts of my body. I always tried to understand what was happening and do something about it like I was scared of the energy, like it was something alien to me. What I did at various times looked crazy and got me diagnosed as bipolar and now I am on medication. I still feel the energy, but I just don't believe my stories about it. Does that have to do with the medication? I don't think so, I think it has more to do with my personal and spiritual growth. Now I don't worry about the energy and what it could do to me because I see it as a natural part of me.

It has been a long road. Cost me a lot. I couldn't lead a normal life for a long time. Just curious, has anyone else had similar experiences?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Welcome, wamt (if you allow me the nickname).

Please take a look along the various forums. There are some that might give you a better response than this one, which is mainly for introductions.

A

angellous_evangellous

I have had a lot of strange experiences with energy. Energy running through my body and through specific parts of my body. I always tried to understand what was happening and do something about it like I was scared of the energy, like it was something alien to me. What I did at various times looked crazy and got me diagnosed as bipolar and now I am on medication. I still feel the energy, but I just don't believe my stories about it. Does that have to do with the medication? I don't think so, I think it has more to do with my personal and spiritual growth. Now I don't worry about the energy and what it could do to me because I see it as a natural part of me.

It has been a long road. Cost me a lot. I couldn't lead a normal life for a long time. Just curious, has anyone else had similar experiences?

Now that's a question for the doc.

I can tell you this - the application of medication for bipolar disease (which I have also) is a never ending experiment. You will need to continue seeing a doctor for the rest of your life to monitor your health and adjust your medications. It's a fact of life now, and you'll need to keep up with your medical insurance.

I wish you the very best.

I must say that IMHO the energy thing is your bipolar disease acting up.

dust1n

Zindīq
Welcome to RF. I hope you are able to diagnose your situation. I look forward to reading your posts.

.lava

Veteran Member

yes. enough to know what it feels like third eye opening physically. i found "observe the observer" quite helpful when i need to put some distance between what's happening to me and me. but i had a mentor all along. i don't know how i would feel without her, without any knowledge about what's happening. thanks to her, metaphysics has never been absolutely mysterious and by that i don't mean all about it, just the ones i went through. of course, unknown is always mysterious, thank God! cos i love it

welcome :)

How did you find your mentor? I had a mentor for a while but all he did was speak in riddles. Saying truisms like stay positive and be happy. Hard to apply when you feel like your body and soul are under attack.

.lava

Veteran Member
How did you find your mentor? I had a mentor for a while but all he did was speak in riddles. Saying truisms like stay positive and be happy. Hard to apply when you feel like your body and soul are under attack.

destiny, i guess. she is a healer and works with energy even in very subtle levels. back then i was interested in chakras, energy work, OBE...etc. i met her and she was not just a good friend. having knowledge about it is nothing like telling sweet words though we might need to hear them to be motivated to expect positive stuff. one must be able to see the unseen, if not then it is only words and anyone could say them.

hmm. body under attack, i can relate perhabs, but what do you mean by soul under attack?

I felt like someone I knew was trying to control me both body and mind. I guess I should have said mind under attack. I thought I would turn into a selfish, mean person. I don't believe that someone else can control me anymore, although the mentor I said told me that it was possible if I let it happen so I guess that might be true.

.lava

Veteran Member
I felt like someone I knew was trying to control me both body and mind. I guess I should have said mind under attack. I thought I would turn into a selfish, mean person. I don't believe that someone else can control me anymore, although the mentor I said told me that it was possible if I let it happen so I guess that might be true.

you mean like someone put a spell on you?
IMO it is not very good idea to think or to believe someone is controlling you. i am glad it is over

Yes, I am also very glad that it is over. I believed that I was connecting with this other person mentally and that he could move energy around in my body and by connecting with my mind he could put thoughts in my head. Its not like I had any specific thoughts that were from him, more like the feeling that I was turning into an egocentric prick. So yes, I am glad that it is over.