• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Memorial of Christs Death

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
This year the memorial falls on Sunday the 17th April after sundown.

The memorial is celebrated each year on the anniversary of Christs death. On the night before he died, he ate the passover meal with his faithful 11 apostles and instituted, what would become, the yearly observance for those who would rule with Christ in heaven.
He passed around the wine and bread and made a covenant with his apostles, for a kingdom. He said “You are the ones that have stuck with me in my trials; and I make a covenant with you, just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom.” Luke 22:28, 29

Weeks earlier, Jesus told his closest followers, “Have no fear, little flock, because your Father has approved of giving you the kingdom.” Luke 12:32. Its for this reason that not all JW's who attend the memorial partake of the wine and bread. We do not all view ourselves as part of the 'little flock'. Only those who are of the 'little flock' actually partake of the emblems. For the great majority of mankind, we are the 'other sheep'...we are the ones who will live forever on earth under the guidance of Jesus and the Little flock who rule as kings and priests. Jesus spoke of the 'other sheep' as a separate group to the 'little flock', he said John 10:16 “And I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; those also I must bring, and they will listen to my voice, and they will become one flock, one shepherd"
Together, the 'little flock' and 'the sheep' remember the great sacrifice that Jesus made for us. This is an important event and its what Jesus asked his followers to do as a remembrance of him "keep doing this in remembrance of me"
The significance of his death, what it means for us and how we all benefit will be discussed during the meeting.

Anyone who would like to attend the memorial is welcome to attend. Best way to find out the meeting times and addresses for your nearest kingdom hall is to send a request to Brooklyn Bethel and they will respond with information.

Last edited:

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I invited to attend by two JW door steppers last week. However Anglicans have a very full calendar of worship and witness in holy week.
It would be good if all churches took an example from JW's and gave personal invitations.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
I invited to attend by two JW door steppers last week. However Anglicans have a very full calendar of worship and witness in holy week.
It would be good if all churches took an example from JW's and gave personal invitations.

personal invitations work very well

although JW's number only 7.5million, our annual memorial attendance is 18 million worldwide .

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
So I take it this holiday is exclusive to JW's?

i think it might be

We dont celebrate easter at all. Our event is in commemoration of Jesus death only. There may be other churches who have a commemoration of his death, but I believe most churches celebrate the resurrection of Christ.