• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Medusa with the head of Perseus

ppp

Medusa with the head of Perseus
"NEW YORK - MWTH project and NYC Parks is pleased to present Medusa With The Head of Perseus by Argentine-Italian artist Luciano Garbati in Collect Pond Park, located on Centre St, Lower Manhattan, as part of NYC Parks’ Art in the Parks program. The seven-foot bronze sculpture inverts the narrative of Medusa, portraying her in a moment of somberly empowered self-defense. Medusa With The Head of Perseus will be on view from October 13, 2020 - April 30, 2021." --MWTH Project

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I agree. And I say this with no lascivious intent, I think it would have been a more powerful piece if he had given her snake pubes, as well.

I didn't see it as sexual either, but a beautiful, skilled piece of work. But i do agree , however to get the image published on some media pubic hair is a no, no.

Reactions: ppp

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I don't know that chopping off the head of the man who didn't rape you sends a better message. :shrug:

ppp

I don't know that chopping off the head of the man who didn't rape you sends a better message. :shrug:

Perseus hunted Medusa (seeing her as an inhuman monster) and chopped of her head, aided by Athena (the woman who had punished Medusa for the crime of being raped by Athena's Uncle). Medusa turning the tables on Perseus and killing him instead, would have been an entirely appropriate and just action.

In the words of Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "If someone tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!"

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Any resemblance?
kali head.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I personally feel "meh" towards the sculpture.
But I have always admired the scene in the *real* Clash of the Titans where Perseus is clearly outmatched in strength and cannot fight her in a direct manner so he must use his wits to defeat his opponent.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
So would you say that women who shave and wax are trying to appeal to pedos then?
Oh, yes, with all those adult curves, and soft adult skin, and developed adult breasts, and all that adult stuff that turns off pedophiles is just driving them wild when they see a hairless woman.:rolleyes:

Erebus

So would you say that women who shave and wax are trying to appeal to pedos then?

Picture the scene. A guy walks up to a woman in a bar:

Man: "Hi! I'm a pedophile. Your breasts, hips, adult facial structure and the fact you're ordering drinks in a bar really aren't my thing. I was wondering if you've shaved your pubic hair though? That would do it for me just fine."

Woman: "Finally! I was starting to worry that shaving was a complete waste of my time."

Last edited: