• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Meaning of Life

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
People always imagine the meaning of their lives is already set out for them, a goal they expect to come of their lifespan. Planning it, looking for it, can't find it anywhere.

It almost appears nonexistent. As if you need to set your own one up, the route of Existentialism. Seems fair.
Another option is what I like to call the black hole of philosophy, Nihilism. The honest, but meaningless choice. The same goes for Absurdism.

But we are left with another option that could explain why this meaning is not to be found anywhere than in thinking: I believe the meaning of life is the result of your life, whatever impact your existence had on causality. It isn't a planned purpose, it's a constructed one. Nonetheless, I think we should not take this concept and change ourselves to give off a more desirable goal. Instead the concept should be taken as simply awareness of the reality of cause and effect, and all of your actions will be put into an equation, connect with the equations throughout entire existence to become just one.

Your life is one equation that connects with all the other equations. Your life isn't built consciously, it's built naturally.

That's just my opinion on it

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
42. Haven't you heard?

People always imagine the meaning of their lives is already set out for them, a goal they expect to come of their lifespan. Planning it, looking for it, can't find it anywhere.

It almost appears nonexistent. As if you need to set your own one up, the route of Existentialism. Seems fair.
Fair to whom? :D

Another option is what I like to call the black hole of philosophy, Nihilism.
Really? I think of it more as the rabbit hole of philosophy.

The honest, but meaningless choice. The same goes for Absurdism.

But we are left with another option that could explain why this meaning is not to be found anywhere than in thinking: I believe the meaning of life is the result of your life, whatever impact your existence had on causality. It isn't a planned purpose, it's a constructed one. Nonetheless, I think we should not take this concept and change ourselves to give off a more desirable goal. Instead the concept should be taken as simply awareness of the reality of cause and effect, and all of your actions will be put into an equation, connect with the equations throughout entire existence to become just one.

Your life is one equation that connects with all the other equations. Your life isn't built consciously, it's built naturally.

That's just my opinion on it
I'm not opposed to the idea that everything is connect-the-dots, I just don't think causation is a sufficient explanation for it. I tend to want to connect dots as I may, rather than as they may.

Banjankri

It seems that the meaning of life (not only our) is control. Transformation from chaotic to organized.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
There is no meaning to life (hey! maybe that's the meaning). There is no plan, no rhyme, no reason--there just is. All we can do is make choices and act or react to the consequences.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Even before we are born, the purpose of life is settled. It is helping continuation of one's society. So, study, take a job or business, marry, raise children, serve elders, fulfill your 'dharma'. That is all about it.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
The meaning of life is whatever each individual makes it for their life.

Never understood why people gotta make it so much more complicated than it is.

kittyqueen

Lone Wolf
I don't believe life has a meaning, just that we're here and... That's all. We're not special in any way, we're just another animal species that fight for survival. Not only survival in our case, but in our well being. Some people live believing that their purpose is to help others, become famous or rich, do their best to have a good afterlife, satisfy their desires as much as they can... It depends on each person. I don't think my life have a meaning or that I'm here for any purpose, I just live the way I think I should.

shihab04

I don't get till meaning of life. The whole world is so much painful for man and on the way they learn their meaning of life. It is really too much hard to guess what is meaning of life. But I can say that I have got nothing from life without pain.