• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mawlid Mubarak

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
images

May Allah's peace & blessings be upon our beloved Prophet, the mercy sent to humankind!!

Rational_Mind

Ahmadi Muslim
What is the idea behind this celebration? I just see a lot of singing and dancing happening and can not see how this is supposed to be celebration of a pious prophet of Allah. I do love Muhammad (saw) only secondary to Allah and cannot imagine him permitting any of this. Is not salah, durood, and recitation of the Quran everyday sufficient?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
Say: He is Allah, the One and Only!
Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
He begetteth not nor is He begotten.
And there is none like unto Him.

Allahume sali ala Muhammedin wa ala ali Muhammed kama salayta ala Ibrahima wa ala ali Ibrahim innaka hamidun majeed.
Allahume barik ala Muhammedin wa ala ali Muhammed kama barakta ala Ibrahima wa ala ali Ibrahim innaka hamidun majeed.

Ya Allah grant Muhammed that which You promised verily You do not break Your promise and grant him permission to intercede for us.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
What is the idea behind this celebration? I just see a lot of singing and dancing happening and can not see how this is supposed to be celebration of a pious prophet of Allah. I do love Muhammad (saw) only secondary to Allah and cannot imagine him permitting any of this. Is not salah, durood, and recitation of the Quran everyday sufficient?

unfortunately there are some people who transgress the limits, it is not permissible to celebrate something in the same manner as the non-believers, music for example is completely haram even if the birth or the Prophet peace be upon him is being celebrated.

there are many halal ways to celebrate his day of birth. It is reported in hadith that the Prophet himself peace be upon him used to fast on Mondays and one of the reasons behind that was because he was born on a Monday.

Rational_Mind

Ahmadi Muslim
unfortunately there are some people who transgress the limits, it is not permissible to celebrate something in the same manner as the non-believers, music for example is completely haram even if the birth or the Prophet peace be upon him is being celebrated.

there are many halal ways to celebrate his day of birth. It is reported in hadith that the Prophet himself peace be upon him used to fast on Mondays and one of the reasons behind that was because he was born on a Monday.

Can Muslims also celebrate Christmas that is supposed to be the birthday of Jesus(AS)?

Also are there any instances of the wives, children, or sahaba celebrating the birthday of our beloved prophet Muhammad (SAW)? I thought it was a recent trend.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Can Muslims also celebrate Christmas that is supposed to be the birthday of Jesus(AS)?

Jesus peace be upon him was born in summer and not in winter . the Qur'an and hadith do not mention a specific date of any prophet other than that of Muhammed peace be upon him. moreover, the 25'th of December being a date of celebration has it's roots in the Roman beliefs.

Also are there any instances of the wives, children, or sahaba celebrating the birthday of our beloved prophet Muhammad (SAW)? I thought it was a recent trend.

i personally do not know, those who say that no celebration should take place argue that if the Prophet peace be upon him and Salaf (the three first generations) didn't do it then we should not either. but that doesn't suffice as evidence.

Rational_Mind

Ahmadi Muslim
The argument usually is why would it be necessary today if it was not in the past. Has something changed?

Why is there no effort to stopping the transgression of Muslims on these events?

What is special in the birth of Muhammad (SAW) to celebrate? Would not the birth of Jesus (AS) be more miraculous?

I would see why people would celebrate of the day the first revelation came to Muhammad (SAW), although that is even unnecessary. I think durood and sharing the life and character of Muhammad (SAW) is sufficient to do every single say.

Where is the good in this celebration? Rather all I see is people behaving opposite to the way taught by Muhammad (SAW). On Eid people feed the poor but here everyone is just feeding themselves and doing severe excesses in celebrating.

What is unfortunate is that people are not aware that the origin of this has been traced back to be begun first by a Muslim who was known to fabricate hadith.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
The argument usually is why would it be necessary today if it was not in the past. Has something changed?

Why is there no effort to stopping the transgression of Muslims on these events?

What is special in the birth of Muhammad (SAW) to celebrate? Would not the birth of Jesus (AS) be more miraculous?

I would see why people would celebrate of the day the first revelation came to Muhammad (SAW), although that is even unnecessary. I think durood and sharing the life and character of Muhammad (SAW) is sufficient to do every single say.

Where is the good in this celebration? Rather all I see is people behaving opposite to the way taught by Muhammad (SAW). On Eid people feed the poor but here everyone is just feeding themselves and doing severe excesses in celebrating.

What is unfortunate is that people are not aware that the origin of this has been traced back to be begun first by a Muslim who was known to fabricate hadith.

i am not a scholar and do not know all the information regarding the issue so i would be dishonest if i tried to argue the issue pretending that i have all the answers. i did hear a lecture from the perspective of not celebrating it where the imam said that if you can't find something in the Qur'an, nor in the Hadith and sunnah and nor in the deeds of the Salaf then it is not islamic. thats the main point that the imam was trying to get across.