• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Maryam

Aaleyah

Im a convert. I wondering how Islam look at Maryam. Is here a prophet or a women who are role model for the muslim people?

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Peace be on you. Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) is the highest role model for Muslims. He was granted all the morals of all Prophets and holy and chosen people of God.

"Say, If you love Allah, follow me, then Allah will love you........" ch 3, v 32 Holy Quran

One of the first requirements on the path of spirituality, righteousness and nearness to God is chastity. Hadhrat Maryam and Prophet Hadhrat Yousef (Joseph) are especially mentioned as model of chastity in Holy Quran.

Ref: alislam.org/quran

Last edited:

Pastek

Sunni muslim
Im a convert. I wondering how Islam look at Maryam.

Maryam is descibed as a pious woman.
She is the only woman named in the Qu'ran and who have a Surat at her name.

3.42"And [mention] when the angels said, "O Mary, indeed Allah has chosen you and purified you and chosen you above the women of the worlds."

Is here a prophet or a women who are role model for the muslim people?

All the prophets and their pious companions/disciples are role models.
All the pious women are role models : Maryam, Sarah, Aicha, Job's wife, etc ...

2.285 The Messenger has believed in what was revealed to him from his Lord, and [so have] the believers. All of them have believed in Allah and His angels and His books and His messengers, [saying], "We make no distinction between any of His messengers."

I dont exactly get what you want know.
Maryiam is the mother of Prophet Isa.virtuous and chaste.

She was very religious and daughter of Imran(RA).She is among the most honoured woman of all times in the world.
Read Sura Maryam in quran.

noh950

Noh
Im a convert. I wondering how Islam look at Maryam. Is here a prophet or a women who are role model for the muslim people?

Alhamduli Allah who guided you, may Allah strengthen you in knowledge and faith.

For you question read the Surah 19, there the story of Meryam with her people and the birth of Isaa are mentioned.

Important: There is some Ahmadiyya and Shiaa sects in the forum of the Sunnis; the ones who follow the Qur'an and the Sunna according to the understanding of the Salaf. *edit* so don't get knowledge from anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Haioof

welcome Aaleyah , Maryam is viewed as the mother of prophet Isa and a virtuous woman .Isa was born miraculously by the will of God without a father. Read Surat Maryam in the Quran it includes the story of Maryam and Isa.

Cordoba

Congratulations and welcome to Islam

Mary the mother of Jesus is not a Prophet, but one of the four most virtuous women who lived on this earth.

Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said:

“From among the women of the world who have reached perfection and who are worthy of following are (the following four):

Maryam the daughter of Imrân; Khadijah daughter of Khuwaylid; Fatima daughter of Muhammad and Asiyah wife of Fir’aun”

(Hadith in At-Tirmidhi)

May Allah (SWT) increase you in peace, wisdom, faith and knowledge
And may He always be with you
Ameen