• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marjorie Taylor Greene Files motion to oust speaker Johnson.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member

I think this is just wonderful. This is exactly what the Republicans in Congress need, another battle over who should be speaker. With the Republicans in majority (barely) they have accomplished nothing, they are on their way to being the least effective Congress in U.S. history. So obviously what they need to do now is have another long battle over who should lead them (lead them nowhere).

Last edited:

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

I think this is just wonderful. This is exactly what the Republicans in Congress need, another battle over who should be speaker. With the Republicans in majority (barely) they have accomplished nothing, they are on their way to being the least effective Congress in U.S. history. So obviously what they need to do now is have another long battle over who should lead them (lead them nowhere).
But your last point, about leadership, is most apt. So long as no Republican has the balls to finally stand up and tell the TRUTH about Donald Trump, there is nobody in the conference who has any legitimate claim to leadership.

This is a party in desperate need of a complete tear-down and rebuild. Every once in a while, in politics, that moment comes, when (despite the polls) voters do something decisive and toss a lot of them out. An example is here, in Ontario, where our Liberal Party was tossed as governing party after over 15 years of rule, and reduced to having to few seats to even be recognized as an "official party." That's a real landslide, going from a majority of 58 seats in the legislature to just 7.

I don't know whether that is even possible in the US. Does anybody know what the biggest rout in US history has been?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
But your last point, about leadership, is most apt. So long as no Republican has the balls to finally stand up and tell the TRUTH about Donald Trump, there is nobody in the conference who has any legitimate claim to leadership.

This is a party in desperate need of a complete tear-down and rebuild. Every once in a while, in politics, that moment comes, when (despite the polls) voters do something decisive and toss a lot of them out. An example is here, in Ontario, where our Liberal Party was tossed as governing party after over 15 years of rule, and reduced to having to few seats to even be recognized as an "official party." That's a real landslide, going from a majority of 58 seats in the legislature to just 7.

I don't know whether that is even possible in the US. Does anybody know what the biggest rout in US history has been?
Perhaps the last loss that the Whigs had which led to the formation of the Republican Party.

Tomef

Another day closer to idiot Armageddon.