• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marine Preserve

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Obama seeks to create world's largest marine preserve | CTV News

I had an actual Roseanne Roseannadanna moment when I read this headline. I thought, why do marines need preserving? Other branches of the armed forces are important too... army, air force... (Edit: My bad, it was Emily Litella. Roseanne was the other one. :))

What are your opinions about the new marine preserve idea? Is it something the world needs at the moment, or just a notch on Obama's environmental record? What does Hawaii think of it? Will it be problematic to maintain?

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I thought of a preserve where marines could run wild in their natural habitat.
Hear their calls, "Oorah!"....watch them mate.....hunt their prey.....
But given the over-fishing of the oceans, preserves make sense.
(I like blackberry preserves the most.)

Last edited:

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Ostensibly, it sounds like a great idea, but the logistics might be a problem. I think there's a reason that the oceans have been ignored for so long.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
You're not alone, Patty. My first thought when I saw the title was exactly the same. This was quickly followed by, "Oh, this is an Obama thing. Figures." Yet another nice idea that isn't well thought out... sort of like everything Obama does...

collectivedementia

home-base umpire
You're not alone, Patty. My first thought when I saw the title was exactly the same. This was quickly followed by, "Oh, this is an Obama thing. Figures." Yet another nice idea that isn't well thought out... sort of like everything Obama does...
Maybe he will turn his adopted home state of Hawaii into a national park before he leaves office.....