• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marcin - the BEST guitarist I have ever heard!

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Indeed, he is fantastic in playing the guitar. And I like 'how' he plays and 'what' he plays I like also

This proves that God's creation is Great, and a big and beautiful mystery

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Beautiful. Thanks for posting it. It encourages me to try to learn what I can on my guitar. Except for the fast part, not up to that yet. :) Then he goes into the traditional Spanish music -- so beautiful!!

Viker

Häxan
Time to fire Jimmy Page, from Led Zeppelin.

For those who may not know, Kashmir is a Led Zeppelin classic.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Beautiful. Thanks for posting it. It encourages me to try to learn what I can on my guitar. Except for the fast part, not up to that yet. :) Then he goes into the traditional Spanish music -- so beautiful!!
The best to you as you learn.

I can hammer out a tune but that is it :D

YoursTrue

The best to you as you learn.

I can hammer out a tune but that is it :D
Thanks. I look forward to everlasting life where all mankind will enjoy the things God approves of and allows. Wonderful. I have burgeoned out from folk music to classical guitar music. I like much of it. Here's another one, hope you like it. Beautiful. I'm listening to it now. (With tears in my eyes, thinking about how beautiful it is...) can't play it yet, haven't even tried it.
Leyenda by Albeniz in HD - Andres Segovia - YouTube

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Thanks. I look forward to everlasting life where all mankind will enjoy the things God approves of and allows. Wonderful. I have burgeoned out from folk music to classical guitar music. I like much of it. Here's another one, hope you like it. Beautiful. I'm listening to it now. (With tears in my eyes, thinking about how beautiful it is...) can't play it yet, haven't even tried it.

Milos Karadaglic is a well known classical guitarist if you've not heard of him. He's keen on Albeniz, Bach....the Beatles ( @Sgt. Pepper ) ...
I've been to two of his recitals.
Everyone knows this piece! :

Last edited:

Heyo

Veteran Member
Milos Karadaglic is a well known classical guitarist if you've not heard of him. He's keen on Albeniz, Bach....the Beatles ( @Sgt. Pepper ) ...

The best rendition of Asturias I've found is by Ana Vidovic. But with her we leave the YouTube celebrities as she is an outstanding professional. There are almost no faults in her play, no screeches, no suppressed strings in the barreé accords, just perfection:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

YoursTrue

The best rendition of Asturias I've found is by Ana Vidovic. But with her we leave the YouTube celebrities as she is an outstanding professional. There are almost no faults in her play, no screeches, no suppressed strings in the barreé accords, just perfection:

Yes, I've seen her many times on youtube. She is a wonderful guitarist.

YoursTrue

Everyone knows this piece! :

How nice that you've been to 2 of his recitals. Yes, I'll look more closely at the video, maybe I'll learn something. :) (thanks.)P.S. There is so much to learn -- everlasting life as described in the Bible is not far from my recognition of what's reasonable and true. :)

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
How nice that you've been to 2 of his recitals. Yes, I'll look more closely at the video, maybe I'll learn something. :) (thanks.)P.S. There is so much to learn -- everlasting life as described in the Bible is not far from my recognition of what's reasonable and true. :)
I'd need everlasting life to get through Bert Weedon's Play in a Day. :rolleyes:

YoursTrue

I'd need everlasting life to get through Bert Weedon's Play in a Day. :rolleyes:
:) I looked him up on Youtube. Quite interesting. The video I saw showed him playing Havah Negilla! (Not sure of spelling.) My hands were clapping also along with the video. It was a very popular song when I was younger. So yes, everlasting life seems reasonable to consider when we see those things. I'm sure Mozart didn't look forward to dying either.
I took a few lessons with a famous guitar teacher in NYC, I forget his name :-( but he wrote books, I was surprised to see him advertising for students and felt privileged to meet him. He was very, very nice. I didn't take too many lessons with him, I guess I like the simple things. :) A few chords here, a few chords there, maybe someday I'll learn more. I played at an amateur place where you could just go and play and sing in front of an audience, and remember asking one of the more proficient guitarists, "How do you do that"? It was a certain type of strum. He showed me, it was quite easy, I mastered it and remember it to this day. :)