• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man made religions.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Without religion, how does one know how to worship, though?
Exactly!

Ultimately, the more questions you begin to ask, the more you'll see that it's not unconditional and it does come with rules. Even if they don't call them as such.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
fantôme profane;1266902 said:
Personally, I’m trying to cut back.:cool:
I understand. Sometimes opium can get boring. Maybe some other hullucinogen?

It's inescapable. By trying to ignore dogma, not define, etc. you inevetibly end up doing it anyways.

The only difference is that you don't share your hullucinogen.

UnityNow101

I would love to have the opium of religion if it were not such a life-suppressing drug. It is not a drug of ecstasy, but one of denial of everything that is good.

I would love to have the opium of religion if it were not such a life-suppressing drug. It is not a drug of ecstasy, but one of denial of everything that is good.

wow, what backround do YOU come from? My religion doesn't deny much of anything, and certainly not everything that is good.

I wouldn't say religion is 'man-made' as much as it's the result of evolution. I mean, someone didn't sit down and "invent" it...it's a tendency among humans, a trait, the way our brains work. How much is from the "inside" and how much from the "outside' is a matter of debate.

And even without organized religion, I think people have a tendency to "worship" things. (I don't think we are the only species that does that) No one has to tell a kid they should look up to a hero, or tell us our jaw should drop at an amazing vista...it's built into us. When we recognize something as awesome, there is this thing we feel, this response we have that pretty much amounts to worship. We may learn to control and direct it to a great extent, but we didn't invent it, and it can still take us by surprise.

zenzero

Its only a Label
friend Kcnorwood,
God itself is a man made concept then surely all religions are man made?
Love & rgds

autonomous1one1

Premium Member
Could it be said of all religion that they are man-made? Christianty cliams that it was inspired by God but man still wrote it. Same could be said for other religions could they not? Paganism, Buddhism, Etc.
Greetings. Tis interesting that most post responders address either-or; that is, separate human and God totally. There are a few of us that for all the major religions the source and the aim is the same, and that source and aim is a being who has realized union with God - a God-human. Thus, it would be fair to say from our perspective that the religions come from human and God.
a..1