• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man claims "I am the God of Jesus from John 20:17" in new book.

e-ptah

If Jesus is the God of everything that the Father is the God of but the Father is the God of Jesus according to John 20:17 while Jesus is not the God of Jesus then how is Jesus the God of everything that the Father is the God of?

I always thought that Jesus himself was God, and was equally God just as much as the Father is, but recently I read the first 3 pages of a book where some man claims to be the God of Jesus from John 20:17. I went to go read the verse ready to ridicule him severely for such an impossible claim, and, even though the claim to me is out there, I was very shocked to find out that Jesus himself did say that the Father is not just God but is his own God! That means that the Father is God of a category that Jesus is not the God of, that is a huge problem to me and has been bothering me since yesterday.

Does anyone have an explanation for how the Father can be the God of a category that Jesus is not the God of?

Also, can someone read just the first 3 pages of his book and tell me what kind of angle and approach would you take in trying to counter his argument for his outrageous claim.

Here is the link to the book...
https://www.docdroid.net/79tUhq7

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
To go to the last part of the OP, I did not get beyond the bizarre beginning where all sorts of odd lunacy was asserted. Personally I would not attempt to reply to that mess.

Since I'm not a Christian, you need an answer from a Christian theologian as to the meaning of the Bible passage.

But from my reading of that passage and assuming it's accurate and accurately translated, it's saying that God the Father is for everyone and for everyone to consider as such.

Lain

Does anyone have an explanation for how the Father can be the God of a category that Jesus is not the God of?

All questions like this are solved simply be the Trinity: Jesus is not the Person of the Father, He is eternally begotten by the Father and so may rightly say He has a God. They are different Persons who have one nature (as you and I are different persons who both have the human nature). He can pray to Him and worship Him also. The Father begets but is not begotten and does not proceed, the Son is begotten but does not beget and does not proceed, the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father and does not beget and is not begotten. See the first video in my signature for a further explanation.

PureX

Veteran Member
If Jesus is the God of everything that the Father is the God of but the Father is the God of Jesus according to John 20:17 while Jesus is not the God of Jesus then how is Jesus the God of everything that the Father is the God of?

I always thought that Jesus himself was God, and was equally God just as much as the Father is, but recently I read the first 3 pages of a book where some man claims to be the God of Jesus from John 20:17. I went to go read the verse ready to ridicule him severely for such an impossible claim, and, even though the claim to me is out there, I was very shocked to find out that Jesus himself did say that the Father is not just God but is his own God! That means that the Father is God of a category that Jesus is not the God of, that is a huge problem to me and has been bothering me since yesterday.

Also, can someone read just the first 3 pages of his book and tell me what kind of angle and approach would you take in trying to counter his argument for his outrageous claim.

Jesus was the human manifestation of God's divine spirit: the spirit of love, forgiveness, kindness, and generosity (and of honesty, wisdom, and truth, etc.). That's why he was given the accolade of being 'the Christ'. That's what 'the Christ' is: God's divine spirit given a human form. So Jesus and God are not the same thing, exactly, even though one is a manifestation of the other.

Also, it's important to understand that in the time of Jesus, and in that culture, the patriarch of a family clan ruled the clan. And his sons were considered to be extensions of the family patriarch, himself. The patriarch's sons represented the patriarch to the rest of the community; legally, ethically, morally, and contractually. So when Jesus proclaimed himself to be the "son of God", he was telling the people living in that community and in that time, not that he was God, but that he had the authority to speak and act on behalf of God (his father). It's important to note the difference.

74x12

Look up the term "hypostatic union". It's because Jesus was in human form. His human body was created in the womb. So of course as a human being he has a Creator/God. It's Jesus Spirit that is eternal and is one and the same with God.

e-ptah

Look up the term "hypostatic union". It's because Jesus was in human form. His human body was created in the womb. So of course as a human being he has a Creator/God. It's Jesus Spirit that is eternal and is one and the same with God.

So you don't have a problem with Jesus not being the God of a category that the Father is God of?

e-ptah

All questions like this are solved simply be the Trinity: Jesus is not the Person of the Father, He is eternally begotten by the Father and so may rightly say He has a God. They are different Persons who have one nature (as you and I are different persons who both have the human nature). He can pray to Him and worship Him also. The Father begets but is not begotten and does not proceed, the Son is begotten but does not beget and does not proceed, the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father and does not beget and is not begotten. See the first video in my signature for a further explanation.

But the Trinity says that Jesus is just as much God as the Father is God, but how can that really be true is the Father is God of a category that Jesus is never the God of, and on top of that the very category is "the God of Jesus" which just compiles the problems all the more.

Lain

But the Trinity says that Jesus is just as much God as the Father is God, but how can that really be true is the Father is God of a category that Jesus is never the God of, and on top of that the very category is "the God of Jesus" which just compiles the problems all the more.

The Trinity says that Jesus is just as much God as the Father is God because they have the exact same divine nature. It is similar to how you are just as much human as I am human despite the fact that we are different persons. So likewise are the Son and the Father different persons. There is no problem with that.

As for being the God of Jesus, does the Son not give Himself in love to adoring the Father? There is no reason why a human person can not love another human person just because they have the same essence (that is, humanity). So likewise the Son adores the Father who is a divine Person and worthy of it.

e-ptah

The Trinity says that Jesus is just as much God as the Father is God because they have the exact same divine nature. It is similar to how you are just as much human as I am human despite the fact that we are different persons. So likewise are the Son and the Father different persons. There is no problem with that.

As for being the God of Jesus, does the Son not give Himself in love to adoring the Father? There is no reason why a human person can not love another human person just because they have the same essence (that is, humanity). So likewise the Son adores the Father who is a divine Person and worthy of it.

But "human" doesn't carry the status of power that the word "God" does, "God" is more likened to the word "King" or something that speaks of greatness intrinsically in the nature of the word, if I am just as much "King" as someone else is "King" yet that other man is "the King of me" then I don't see any way that I am just as much "King" as he is, same with Jesus being said to be just as much "God" as the Father is "God" yet the Father is "the God of Jesus", so do you think that if a man is King of another man that both men could be said to be just as much King as the other?

Lain

But "human" doesn't carry the status of power that the word "God" does, "God" is more likened to the word "King" or something that speaks of greatness intrinsically in the nature of the word, if I am just as much "King" as someone else is "King" yet that other man is "the King of me" then I don't see any way that I am just as much "King" as he is, same with Jesus being said to be just as much "God" as the Father is "God" yet the Father is "the God of Jesus", so do you think that if a man is King of another man that both men could be said to be just as much King as the other?

This is because in Christian theology there is a distinction between person and nature. When I say Jesus is just as much God as the Father is I do not mean a role like a king I am referring to their nature. See the beginning of the Creed here:

I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, maker of Heaven and earth, of all things visible and invisible.

And in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God. Born of the Father before all ages. God of God, Light of Light, true God of true God. Begotten, not made: consubstantial with the Father; by Whom all things were made.

This is the sense in which they are just as much God together. Being divine is a thing of nature, not a role. They are not the same Person and Personal qualities are not shared (the Father begets the Son, the Son does not beget the Father for instance).

e-ptah

This is because in Christian theology there is a distinction between person and nature. When I say Jesus is just as much God as the Father is I do not mean a role like a king I am referring to their nature. See the beginning of the Creed here:

I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, maker of Heaven and earth, of all things visible and invisible.

And in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God. Born of the Father before all ages. God of God, Light of Light, true God of true God. Begotten, not made: consubstantial with the Father; by Whom all things were made.

This is the sense in which they are just as much God together. Being divine is a thing of nature, not a role. They are not the same Person and Personal qualities are not shared (the Father begets the Son, the Son does not beget the Father for instance).

You said "I am referring not to 'person' but I am referring to their 'nature', they are equally God in 'nature' " so then I'll ask directly, I'm not asking about 'nature' rather I am asking what you obviously don't want me to ask - are the God of Jesus and Jesus equally God when considering not being "God in nature" but rather considering being "God in person"? You even admit these are two different considerations - the God of Jesus and Jesus are both God in nature AND in person, you say they are equally God in 'nature' but I ask you - are the God of Jesus and Jesus equally God in person?

Lain

You said "I am referring not to 'person' but I am referring to their 'nature', they are equally God in 'nature' " so then I'll ask directly, I'm not asking about 'nature' rather I am asking what you obviously don't want me to ask - are the God of Jesus and Jesus equally God when considering not being "God in nature" but rather considering being "God in person"? You even admit these are two different considerations - the God of Jesus and Jesus are both God in nature AND in person, you say they are equally God in 'nature' but I ask you - are the God of Jesus and Jesus equally God in person?

I am not sure why you think I am avoiding that question.

God and Jesus are not the same Person. In fact, when considering the Persons and the relationship between them, because God is Father of the Son it is right to say that the Father is greater than the Son because the Father is the cause of the Son (although eternally). They are two different Persons.

e-ptah

I am not sure why you think I am avoiding that question.

God and Jesus are not the same Person. In fact, when considering the Persons and the relationship between them, because God is Father of the Son it is right to say that the Father is greater than the Son because the Father is the cause of the Son (although eternally). They are two different Persons.

You avoided what I asked directly again - give a direct answer to this question, here it is again - are the God of Jesus and Jesus equally God, not in nature, but are they equally God in person? Respond "Yes the God of Jesus and Jesus are equally God in person" or "No the God of Jesus and Jesus are not equally God in person".

Lain

You avoided what I asked directly again - give a direct answer to this question, here it is again - are the God of Jesus and Jesus equally God, not in nature, but are they equally God in person? Respond "Yes the God of Jesus and Jesus are equally God in person" or "No the God of Jesus and Jesus are not equally God in person".

I have no idea what it means to be equally someone in Person. The word "equal" has a multitude of definitions.

e-ptah

I have no idea what it means to be equally someone in Person. The word "equal" has a multitude of definitions.

I knew you wouldn't answer and would run away again, wow, very interesting and says a lot more than you want it to say, for everyone to see, here and now, you know what the word "equal" means because you used it just fine when addressing whether or not the God of Jesus and Jesus were "equally" God in "nature", thus you know what "equal" means, therefore, using that same definition of "equal" that you used when addressing "nature" apply that word and definition of "equal" and address whether the God of Jesus and Jesus are equally God in person, let's see how you hide while pretending not to hide this time, trust me, it is obvious that you are terrified of this because you see the problem that you and your doctrine glaringly has, everyone here watch the response very carefully and look at it word for word, here we go again -

Are the God of Jesus and Jesus equally God, not in nature, but are they equally God in person?
Respond "Yes the God of Jesus and Jesus are equally God in person" or "No the God of Jesus and Jesus are not equally God in person".

Lain

I knew you wouldn't answer and would run away again, wow, very interesting and says a lot more than you want it to say, for everyone to see, here and now, you know what the word "equal" means because you used it just fine when addressing whether or not the God of Jesus and Jesus were "equally" God in "nature", thus you know what "equal" means, therefore, using that same definition of "equal" that you used when addressing "nature" apply that word and definition of "equal" and address whether the God of Jesus and Jesus are equally God in person, let's see how you hide while pretending not to hide this time, trust me, it is obvious that you are terrified of this because you see the problem that you and your doctrine glaringly has, everyone here watch the response very carefully and look at it word for word, here we go again -

Are the God of Jesus and Jesus equally God, not in nature, but are they equally God in person?
Respond "Yes the God of Jesus and Jesus are equally God in person" or "No the God of Jesus and Jesus are not equally God in person".

Not running away, the word equal when I say "equal in nature" means "the same as" or "identical as." I have no problem saying that the Father and the Son are "equal" in nature" because I mean they are "the same" or "identical" in nature.

Do you not see why I don't know what it means when it comes to Person? I do not hold that they are the "same" or "identical" Persons, and if that is what you mean by equal then I deny that they are "equal in Person" or "the same Person" or "identical Persons."

But you did not ask if they are the same in Person or identical in Person, but "are they equally God in Person." What does that even mean? If it means "are they the same Person" then the answer is no, if it means "do these Persons have the same nature" then the answer is yes.

The doctrine has no problems you simply have asked a weird question and refuse to define your terms, under the definition of equal I gave above I in fact already answered you by saying that they are not the same Person (for equal and same and identical mean the same thing here to me). Since you used an adverb it becomes ambiguous to me, I think you're referring to the divine nature (which again would make the answer "yes") but I am not sure.

e-ptah

Not running away, the word equal when I say "equal in nature" means "the same as" or "identical as." I have no problem saying that the Father and the Son are "equal" in nature" because I mean they are "the same" or "identical" in nature.

Do you not see why I don't know what it means when it comes to Person? I do not hold that they are the "same" or "identical" Persons, and if that is what you mean by equal then I deny that they are "equal in Person" or "the same Person" or "identical Persons."

But you did not ask if they are the same in Person or identical in Person, but "are they equally God in Person." What does that even mean? If it means "are they the same Person" then the answer is no, if it means "do these Persons have the same nature" then the answer is yes.

The doctrine has no problems you simply have asked a weird question and refuse to define your terms, under the definition of equal I gave above I in fact already answered you by saying that they are not the same Person (for equal and same and identical mean the same thing here to me). Since you used an adverb it becomes ambiguous to me, I think you're referring to the divine nature (which again would make the answer "yes") but I am not sure.

You admit that "Jesus is God when considering his 'nature' " and this is called "Jesus is God in nature",
also you admit that "the God of Jesus is God when considering his 'nature' " and this is called "the God of Jesus is God in nature",
thus you easily say "they are 'equally' or 'the same' or 'identically' God in 'nature' ".

You admit that the words "nature" and "person" are different when considering the word "God".

Thus like Point Number 1 listed above, you admit that "Jesus is God when considering his 'person' " and this is called "Jesus is God in his person",
also you admit that "the God of Jesus is God when considering his 'person' " and this is called "the God of Jesus is God in his person",
but at this juncture you refuse to say "they are 'equally' or 'the same' or 'identically' God in their 'person' "

I'm not asking if they are "identical in person" I, as you know, am asking if they are "identical in being God in their person", in other words, if the word "God" denotes "person" and not nature just as the word "King" denotes "person" and not "nature" then "person" denotes a "rank" instead of a species, thus if the word "God" is like "King", and denotes "person"/"rank", is Jesus just as much "King" as "the KING OF JESUS" is King?, is Jesus just as much "God in his person" just as much as "the GOD OF JESUS" is "God in his person"?

Lain

You admit that "Jesus is God when considering his 'nature' " and this is called "Jesus is God in nature",
also you admit that "the God of Jesus is God when considering his 'nature' " and this is called "the God of Jesus is God in nature",
thus you easily say "they are 'equally' or 'the same' or 'identically' God in 'nature' ".

You admit that the words "nature" and "person" are different when considering the word "God".

Thus like Point Number 1 listed above, you admit that "Jesus is God when considering his 'person' " and this is called "Jesus is God in his person",
also you admit that "the God of Jesus is God when considering his 'person' " and this is called "the God of Jesus is God in his person",
but at this juncture you refuse to say "they are 'equally' or 'the same' or 'identically' God in their 'person' "

I'm not asking if they are "identical in person" I, as you know, am asking if they are "identical in being God in their person", in other words, if the word "God" denotes "person" and not nature just as the word "King" denotes "person" and not "nature" then "person" denotes a "rank" instead of a species, thus if the word "God" is like "King", and denotes "person"/"rank", is Jesus just as much "King" as "the KING OF JESUS" is King?, is Jesus just as much "God in his person" just as much as "the GOD OF JESUS" is "God in his person"?

Thank you for finally clarifying what the question meant, so that I may answer it to your satisfaction. To then finally clarify my answer I will repeat what I have thus far said if it has not been absolutely clear then hopefully, God-willing, this will be, and I will follow your order laid out in this post:

1) I admit that Jesus is God when considering His nature. A nature is what something is, for instance, the nature of a human is... humanity. It is that which makes them a human and not a dog (which is a different nature). Simple enough.

I also admit that the God of Jesus (the Father) is also God when considering His nature. What He is. This means that He has the same nature as Jesus (see post note 1/pn1). They have the same nature. They are the same thing, in response to the question "what is that"? This is just like how you and I have the same nature, when you look at us and ask "what are they" one would say "humans." That is the nature.

Therefore the God of Jesus and Jesus have the same nature. This nature which they both have is equal, the same, identical. I easily say this. They both have the same nature, the both are equal in nature, they both are identical in nature, are all equivalent terms.

2) Nature and Person are different when considering the word "God," I admit. This is because one can by "God" mean "the divine nature" or "a divine Person," even a specific divine person (pn2). A nature has been defined, but what is person? "Who is that?" A person is a knower and is known, a lover and is loved. It is a "who" (pn3). A person has a nature (notice how I often said "they both have the same nature," "they" refers to person). Therefore when one says "God" it can refer to either of these things.

This distinction is also present in humans. I am a person, which refers to who I am, who has a human nature, that is what I am. They are not reducible to one another but are inseparable (a person always has a nature although "person" and "nature" do not mean the same thing). These two phrases are equivalent: I am a human person. I am a person who has a human nature. In both cases "human" refers to nature.

But take special note of this: due to these definitions I mean only two possible things when I say "God." The divine nature or a divine person (and a person has a nature). I said before explicitly "I do not mean a role like a king..."

The word "king" is to me not at all like person or nature. It chiefly and principally refers to what a person does, that is they rule. As you can see from how I defined both person and nature the word "king" does not fit, even if in how we speak it seems to.

"What is that?" "A human."
"Who is that?" "David."
"What does he do?" "He rules Israel."
"So what is he?" "A king."
"So who is he?" "The king of Israel."

The last two questions are what make "king" seem like it can mean "person." It does not mean person to me though or nature. When we call someone a "king" we are always most properly referring to what they do. This is entirely irrelevant to what I have been saying all along. We may say that someone is what they do, but this is not how I am using that, so the word "king" does not apply to anything I've been saying. That is why I called it a "role" before, as in, a role someone plays or has, that is, something they do. Notice "they" in that last sentence, it refers to person.

Therefore I distinguish between: nature, person, and actions. Actions are irrelevant here and have only introduced confusion.

3) I admit that "Jesus is God when considering His Person," and this is called "Jesus is God in His Person."

Why would I say that in light of all the definitions I just gave? The answer is simple: a person has a nature. One may rightly say "that is a divine person" or "that is a human person," and this would both be called to me: "they are divine in their person" or "they are human in their person." Perhaps it sounds weird, but it only means "they are a divine person" or "they are a human person." Because a person has a nature.

The God of Jesus (the Father) also is God when considering His Person, and this is called "the God of Jesus (the Father) is God in His Person."

Yet as you noticed: I refused to say "they are equally God in their Person." Why would I refuse to say that? For it was not immediately clear to me if you meant what I meant by "in Their Person."

If you meant: "They both are Persons with a divine nature," then I have already answered you when I said before that they have the exact same, equal, identical, nature.

If you meant: "They are both the same Person." Then I already answered you "no." Because the answer to "who is that" concerning both of them will be different, because they are different Persons. Just like it will be different with you and I, the answer to "who is that" will be different because we are different persons.

So returning to your question which I was not dodging but trying to get clarification on, I did not want to answer it because it could be read in two different ways:

Your question directly quoted: "are the God of Jesus and Jesus equally God in person?"

First way of reading it (in my mind this is what I saw in it): "are the God of Jesus and Jesus equally divine in Person?"

This would mean nothing other "do both of these Persons have the same nature?" to me, and I would then say "yes, the God of Jesus and Jesus are equally God in Person." This is 1000% true to me.

Second way of reading it: "are the God of Jesus and Jesus equally the same Person?" and I would answer "no" to this, because when you ask the question concerning them "who is that" the answer will be different, it is two different persons.

The final clarification of the clarification:

You said: "I'm not asking if they are "identical in person" I, as you know, am asking if they are "identical in being God in their person", in other words, if the word "God" denotes "person" and not nature just as the word "King" denotes "person" and not "nature" then "person" denotes a "rank" instead of a species, thus if the word "God" is like "King", and denotes "person"/"rank", is Jesus just as much "King" as "the KING OF JESUS" is King?, is Jesus just as much "God in his person" just as much as "the GOD OF JESUS" is "God in his person"?"

Now that you see my definitions you know what I'll say concerning this.

- The word "God" can denote Person or nature.
- The word "king" does not denote person or nature, but what a person who has a nature does.
- The word "person" does not denote "rank" but the answer to "who is that?"
- The word "God" in my usage in this whole thread does not denote rank at all and is not like "king" at all.

Now why this was incoherent to me is even more clear, for as you are saying "king" denotes "person" what you asked in the last bit of your message is:

"Is Jesus just as much Person as the God of Jesus is Person?" Knowing what I mean by person, how on Earth am I meant to answer that?

You also say "God is like king" so in the last bit you asked:

"Is Jesus just as much Person in His Person just as much as the God of Jesus is Person in His Person"?

Neither of these make any sense.

But why this cleared all things up to me is this bit you said: "am asking if they are 'identical in being God in their person'."

This can only refer to nature. In which I will finally say to your original question:

"[A]re the God of Jesus and Jesus equally God in person?"

Yes.

Why do I say yes? Because this question as it is not asking if they are identical in Person (that is, the answer to the question "who is that" differs for them and is not identical) then it must be asking are they identical in nature. The answer is yes.

POSTNOTES:

PN1: Jesus because of the Incarnation has a human nature and a divine nature. This post deals only with the divine nature.
PN2: Almost exclusively in the Bible "God" refers to the Father, hence St. Paul often says "grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ." There are exceptions to this, but due to this usage in Scripture it is right to say "God is the Father" or "the Father is True God." There are other more detailed reasons but I won't go into them here.
PN3: Irrational animals are not persons to me.

e-ptah

Thank you for finally clarifying what the question meant, so that I may answer it to your satisfaction. To then finally clarify my answer I will repeat what I have thus far said if it has not been absolutely clear then hopefully, God-willing, this will be, and I will follow your order laid out in this post:

1) I admit that Jesus is God when considering His nature. A nature is what something is, for instance, the nature of a human is... humanity. It is that which makes them a human and not a dog (which is a different nature). Simple enough.

I also admit that the God of Jesus (the Father) is also God when considering His nature. What He is. This means that He has the same nature as Jesus (see post note 1/pn1). They have the same nature. They are the same thing, in response to the question "what is that"? This is just like how you and I have the same nature, when you look at us and ask "what are they" one would say "humans." That is the nature.

Therefore the God of Jesus and Jesus have the same nature. This nature which they both have is equal, the same, identical. I easily say this. They both have the same nature, the both are equal in nature, they both are identical in nature, are all equivalent terms.

2) Nature and Person are different when considering the word "God," I admit. This is because one can by "God" mean "the divine nature" or "a divine Person," even a specific divine person (pn2). A nature has been defined, but what is person? "Who is that?" A person is a knower and is known, a lover and is loved. It is a "who" (pn3). A person has a nature (notice how I often said "they both have the same nature," "they" refers to person). Therefore when one says "God" it can refer to either of these things.

This distinction is also present in humans. I am a person, which refers to who I am, who has a human nature, that is what I am. They are not reducible to one another but are inseparable (a person always has a nature although "person" and "nature" do not mean the same thing). These two phrases are equivalent: I am a human person. I am a person who has a human nature. In both cases "human" refers to nature.

But take special note of this: due to these definitions I mean only two possible things when I say "God." The divine nature or a divine person (and a person has a nature). I said before explicitly "I do not mean a role like a king..."

The word "king" is to me not at all like person or nature. It chiefly and principally refers to what a person does, that is they rule. As you can see from how I defined both person and nature the word "king" does not fit, even if in how we speak it seems to.

"What is that?" "A human."
"Who is that?" "David."
"What does he do?" "He rules Israel."
"So what is he?" "A king."
"So who is he?" "The king of Israel."

The last two questions are what make "king" seem like it can mean "person." It does not mean person to me though or nature. When we call someone a "king" we are always most properly referring to what they do. This is entirely irrelevant to what I have been saying all along. We may say that someone is what they do, but this is not how I am using that, so the word "king" does not apply to anything I've been saying. That is why I called it a "role" before, as in, a role someone plays or has, that is, something they do. Notice "they" in that last sentence, it refers to person.

Therefore I distinguish between: nature, person, and actions. Actions are irrelevant here and have only introduced confusion.

3) I admit that "Jesus is God when considering His Person," and this is called "Jesus is God in His Person."

Why would I say that in light of all the definitions I just gave? The answer is simple: a person has a nature. One may rightly say "that is a divine person" or "that is a human person," and this would both be called to me: "they are divine in their person" or "they are human in their person." Perhaps it sounds weird, but it only means "they are a divine person" or "they are a human person." Because a person has a nature.

The God of Jesus (the Father) also is God when considering His Person, and this is called "the God of Jesus (the Father) is God in His Person."

Yet as you noticed: I refused to say "they are equally God in their Person." Why would I refuse to say that? For it was not immediately clear to me if you meant what I meant by "in Their Person."

If you meant: "They both are Persons with a divine nature," then I have already answered you when I said before that they have the exact same, equal, identical, nature.

If you meant: "They are both the same Person." Then I already answered you "no." Because the answer to "who is that" concerning both of them will be different, because they are different Persons. Just like it will be different with you and I, the answer to "who is that" will be different because we are different persons.

So returning to your question which I was not dodging but trying to get clarification on, I did not want to answer it because it could be read in two different ways:

Your question directly quoted: "are the God of Jesus and Jesus equally God in person?"

First way of reading it (in my mind this is what I saw in it): "are the God of Jesus and Jesus equally divine in Person?"

This would mean nothing other "do both of these Persons have the same nature?" to me, and I would then say "yes, the God of Jesus and Jesus are equally God in Person." This is 1000% true to me.

Second way of reading it: "are the God of Jesus and Jesus equally the same Person?" and I would answer "no" to this, because when you ask the question concerning them "who is that" the answer will be different, it is two different persons.

The final clarification of the clarification:

You said: "I'm not asking if they are "identical in person" I, as you know, am asking if they are "identical in being God in their person", in other words, if the word "God" denotes "person" and not nature just as the word "King" denotes "person" and not "nature" then "person" denotes a "rank" instead of a species, thus if the word "God" is like "King", and denotes "person"/"rank", is Jesus just as much "King" as "the KING OF JESUS" is King?, is Jesus just as much "God in his person" just as much as "the GOD OF JESUS" is "God in his person"?"

Now that you see my definitions you know what I'll say concerning this.

- The word "God" can denote Person or nature.
- The word "king" does not denote person or nature, but what a person who has a nature does.
- The word "person" does not denote "rank" but the answer to "who is that?"
- The word "God" in my usage in this whole thread does not denote rank at all and is not like "king" at all.

Now why this was incoherent to me is even more clear, for as you are saying "king" denotes "person" what you asked in the last bit of your message is:

"Is Jesus just as much Person as the God of Jesus is Person?" Knowing what I mean by person, how on Earth am I meant to answer that?

You also say "God is like king" so in the last bit you asked:

"Is Jesus just as much Person in His Person just as much as the God of Jesus is Person in His Person"?

Neither of these make any sense.

But why this cleared all things up to me is this bit you said: "am asking if they are 'identical in being God in their person'."

This can only refer to nature. In which I will finally say to your original question:

"[A]re the God of Jesus and Jesus equally God in person?"

Yes.

Why do I say yes? Because this question as it is not asking if they are identical in Person (that is, the answer to the question "who is that" differs for them and is not identical) then it must be asking are they identical in nature. The answer is yes.

POSTNOTES:

PN1: Jesus because of the Incarnation has a human nature and a divine nature. This post deals only with the divine nature.
PN2: Almost exclusively in the Bible "God" refers to the Father, hence St. Paul often says "grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ." There are exceptions to this, but due to this usage in Scripture it is right to say "God is the Father" or "the Father is True God." There are other more detailed reasons but I won't go into them here.
PN3: Irrational animals are not persons to me.

You said
"Yet as you noticed: I refused to say 'they are equally God in their Person.' Why would I refuse to say that? For it was not immediately clear to me if you meant what I meant by 'in Their Person.' "

Throw "King" away completely, and focus, just focus on this, "God" can denote "what" or "God" can denote "who",
simple,
when "God" denotes "what" then you say "the God of Jesus and Jesus are equally God",
my focused question is this - When the word "God" denotes "who", does the word "God" in the phrase "Jesus is God" denote a person who is lower than the person denoted by the word "God" in the phrase "the Father is the God of Jesus"?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
You said
"Yet as you noticed: I refused to say 'they are equally God in their Person.' Why would I refuse to say that? For it was not immediately clear to me if you meant what I meant by 'in Their Person.' "

Throw "King" away completely, and focus, just focus on this, "God" can denote "what" or "God" can denote "who",
simple,
when "God" denotes "what" then you say "the God of Jesus and Jesus are equally God",
my focused question is this - When the word "God" denotes "who", does the word "God" in the phrase "Jesus is God" denote a person who is lower than the person denoted by the word "God" in the phrase "the Father is the God of Jesus"?
Maybe @Lain just has a different understanding of the topic.