• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Maltheism

rojse

RF Addict
I would like to learn a few things about maltheism, and hope anyone can help me with my questions.

Firstly, what sections of the Bible are the best areas to read to find out more about the maltheist perspective on God?

Secondly, what logical arguments are used to support maltheist ideas?

Thirdly, to anyone that is, or was, a maltheist, what made you become one, and what made you stop?

That's all I can think of for now; I'll have more questions later.

Thanks!

rojse

RF Addict
Nothing?

I know there are a lot of people out there with cynical views on biblical passages, and surely there are a few people that are at least acquainted with the ideas of maltheism.

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
rojse said:
I know there are a lot of people out there with cynical views on biblical passages, and surely there are a few people that are at least acquainted with the ideas of maltheism.

rojse, Maltheists are a rare breed. Many people have cynical views on the Gods of different religions, but most of these people do not believe that God actually exists.

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
I sorta feel stupid for asking this, but what would be the difference then between a malthiest and an athiest?

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
Don't feel stupid there's at least one who knows less than you. I'm off to google maltheist now. ;)

lol! Thanks. I was going to and then didn't.... cause I'm lazy:bath:

When ur done enlightening me on maltheism I'd like my foot rub and a strawberry margarita please. ! snap snap ! :D

Random

I sorta feel stupid for asking this, but what would be the difference then between a malthiest and an athiest?

Atheist = No god exists

Maltheist = God exists, but He is bad.

A related term is "Misotheism", which is hatred of God or gods...this is not unlike most of what qualifies as Atheism nowadays.

rojse

RF Addict

Maltheists believe that God exists, and think that God is evil. Atheists do not believe in God, so any supposition about him being Good and evil is superfluous, at best.

I find the idea of maltheism to be quite interesting, because it demonstrates how a person can read the same source of knowledge (the Bible) and come up with vastly different conclusions as to the nature of God.

rojse

RF Addict
Atheist = No god exists

Maltheist = God exists, but He is bad.

A related term is "Misotheism", which is hatred of God or gods...this is not unlike most of what qualifies as Atheism nowadays.

You think that there are atheists that should really be categorised as maltheists?

Most of the atheists that I know (all on RF) do not believe in God.

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
Random said:

Indeed. With so many Godists telling us how to live our lives, we tend to hate their concept of God.