• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Male Gay Characteristics

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Nice.
I didn't say that approve of that culture.
In Sicily if you are a muscular man, with a deep voice, you're still considered a female if you sleep with a man.

Manhood has nothing to do with being tough or powerful: it depends on whom you sleep with.
You can be effeminate, but if you sleep with a pretty woman, you're considered a man. A real man.
I'm confused. Are men who sleep with each other considered to be women?
What if a man is bisexual? Is he a man when he sleeps with women and a woman when he sleeps with men?

Unfortunately, yes. I am speaking of Southern Italy's popular culture.

It depends on whether the man in question is the active part while having sex with men.

Yes.
Alright, so are women who sleep together considered men? (Or is being a man all about having a penis and using it? If this is the case, then Southern Italian men consider themselves to be dicks and go out of their way to act like dicks. They must not know that brains are sexier than dicks.)

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Alright, so are women who sleep together considered men?

(Or is being a man all about having a penis and using it? If this is the case, then Southern Italian men consider themselves to be dicks and go out of their way to act like dicks. They must not know that brains are sexier than dicks.)
I am really condemning that way of thinking. I am not defending it.
It's a gynocentric vision : that is, it revolves all around women, not around men.

If you sleep with pretty women, you're a real man.
If you don't like women and you like men, you can hardly be considered manly in the provincial towns of Italy.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
I am really condemning that way of thinking. I am not defending it.
It's a gynocentric vision : that is, it revolves all around women, not around men.

If you sleep with pretty women, you're a real man.
If you don't like women and you like men, you can hardly be considered manly in the provincial towns of Italy.
So is a woman who sleeps with pretty women a real man?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
This was unexpected...
A woman that I have worked with for about a year somehow managed to mention in conversation that she had assumed I was gay. Have you not heard me mention the word "wife" I asked. She had, but it didn't seem crucial in her assessment. I was bemused. She became embarrassed so I didn't ask how she had come to this apparently obvious conclusion.
(It's not that long ago that a woman was seriously hitting on me so I don't think I'm the most camp man on the planet).
So.... what could she have been making this assessment on? Aside from the obvious (whatever that might be) what would make you assume a man is gay?

I made the same mistake once. There are I suppose feminine traits. For example women tend to wear their emotions on their sleeves whereas a male trait would be to be more stoic. Men tend to be more physical in their relations and women tend to be more emotionally expressive.

Tomef

This was unexpected...
A woman that I have worked with for about a year somehow managed to mention in conversation that she had assumed I was gay. Have you not heard me mention the word "wife" I asked. She had, but it didn't seem crucial in her assessment. I was bemused. She became embarrassed so I didn't ask how she had come to this apparently obvious conclusion.
(It's not that long ago that a woman was seriously hitting on me so I don't think I'm the most camp man on the planet).
So.... what could she have been making this assessment on? Aside from the obvious (whatever that might be) what would make you assume a man is gay?
Regular attendance at Kylie Minogue concerts?