• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Male Circumcision good or bad up to the individual?

Huey09

He who struggles with God
Circumcision... I am a professed circumcised person (TMI maybe but none the less true!) How does everyone else feel about it? Is it a primitive mutilation technique or a simple procedure for personal hygiene? I personally don't have children but have thought and ask you as well.
Is/Are your son(s) circumcised?
Would you have the procedure at birth or let them decide later?
do you think not being circumcised is an oddity or only in parts of the world?
In my own experience I have heard in my own city In the southern state Georgia that women prefer a man was 'trimmed'. So let me go before I say something silly lol :foot:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Circumcision... I am a professed circumcised person (TMI maybe but none the less true!) How does everyone else feel about it? Is it a primitive mutilation technique or a simple procedure for personal hygiene? I personally don't have children but have thought and ask you as well.
Let me put it this way: would you punch a baby?

Not hard enough to cause lasting damage (probably), but hard enough to hurt. He won't remember how much it hurt - or even the punch itself - when he grows up.

Does this sound like a good idea?

What if your family or community has a long, celebrated tradition of giving each newborn baby one good, hard punch? Would that make it okay?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Let me put it this way: would you punch a baby?

Not hard enough to cause lasting damage (probably), but hard enough to hurt. He won't remember how much it hurt - or even the punch itself - when he grows up.

Does this sound like a good idea?

What if your family or community has a long, celebrated tradition of giving each newborn baby one good, hard punch? Would that make it okay?

Does a straw man sound like a good idea?

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
didn't know someone had already done this . My bad:sorry1:
Not only has this been done, but its been done many times. And every time the end result was similar to a really bad train wreck.

You may think this topic would be a rather innocent one to discuss. But you would be wrong. Very, very, wrong.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Not only has this been done, but its been done many times. And every time the end result was similar to a really bad train wreck.

You may think this topic would be a rather innocent one to discuss. But you would be wrong. Very, very, wrong.

The emotional, knee-jerk reactions and comical exaggerations are gonna come flooding in now. :eek:

Huey09

He who struggles with God

Again I realize my mistake if I could lock the thread I would but I don't know how so...yeah:facepalm:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I have 3 sons.I had them all circumsized.I feel like I should be arrested.I had absolutely no right to do that to them.Accept I did apparrently(legally) and i beleived stupid lies.Like for "health reasons"..

What "needs" to be chopped /sliced off every infant for "health reasons"?

I never even thought NOT circumsizing them was an "option"..If so it would be more like "why wouldn't you " DUH!

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Namaste,

I, as a Hindu, do not believe in circumcision. And, I do not endorse the practice, will never encourage the practice (unless it is for health reasons: i.e. foreskin is unnaturally too long, it extremely hurts upon pulling back, it can't be pulled back completely, etc.), and will always call it mutilation.

Last edited:

Aquitaine

Unless there is a credible medical necessity to do so with your son(s), I don't think it's appropriate.

One thing I do believe though, is that had it not have become a cultural/religious practice, it would not be around today. :yes:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Unless there is a credible medical necessity to do so with your son(s), I don't think it's appropriate.

One thing I do believe though, is that had it not have become a cultural/religious practice, it would not be around today. :yes:

Well its around today and even athiest do it.Its very common..I'll look it up but most males born today in America are cirumsized.