• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Maha-Mantra!

Satsangi

Friends,
Once again REPEAT:

Can anyone explain *How mantras work?*.
Most people blindly follow what someone tells them to do without understanding the reasons behind it.

There are two ways how mantras work.
1. Mantras are made up of certain words and these words when spoken silently or explicitly forms a wave patterns and when they are done consciously they [sound waves] become a strong force which as we know that what you throw comes back to you likewise these waves create the positive response and comes back. If one was to repeat the *laxmi* mantra continuously and consciously over a period of time, such a person will attract wealth in return.
2. The idea of all religious procedures are to become enlightened. Enlightenment happens when the mind is free of thoughts and one is in a meditative state i.e. the individual merged with the universal.
Since it is very very difficult to free the mind of thoughts; mantras help in reaching such a state INDIRECTLY. Indirectly because when one repeats a mantra the words acts in one direction but the GAP between two words act in another way. They act as GAPS in the THOUGHT process and this gap is when the mind is free from thoughts. The person usually focuses on the words of the mantra and so all thoughts are focussed on the words BUT indirectly gaps between the words gets created and one suddenly finds elated and this elation is due to the mind being free of thoughts and merging happening during those gaps.

So, even if one repeats any word even *god* in reverse, the gaps will be created but only certain words are chosen because of the sound waves they create and the result of these waves on the individual is a bonus.

Personally do not use this mantra method as it can be done directly by observing the thoughts going through the mind and times of thoughtlessness happens.

Love & rgds

Friend Zenzero,

I respectfully give u another method of how anything works..... by sheer devotion, by total surrender (which annihilates the "I")......The thought that somehow every method has to reach a "no thought" state is in itself a rigid thought....needs to be overcome in my opinion. Sorry, if I crossed a line.

For people on Bhakti path, the correct method is to flood all your Indriyas with thoughts of God only as these are "Nirgun thoughts" ......they do not aim to experience "consciousness" or "existence". In fact given a choice, they would rather flood in joy with His name than choose the other as The Murti of God is everything for them.

Regards,