• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Magick: Is It Simple?

Is Magick Versatile or is it More Exact?

• Versatile

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Exact

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
I know of the Seven Hermetic Principles, just, how does one implement them?

Do you have to create elaborate rituals or is magick more versatile than the ceremonial?

I understand that elaborate rituals can be more exacting in results, but could I do magick with paper and pen and yield results?

SabahTheLoner

Master of the Art of Couch Potato Cuddles
Chaos Magic(k) is actually the practice of using what you got and "belief as a tool" to get the same or better results from traditional magic. It's basically the core principles of magic in general. If people can get results from that stuff (I know I have) then magic ritual can be very simple and you can still have life-changing impacts. If you're interested in doing magic with just pen and paper, that might be something you'd like to look into (as well as sigil magick).

As for the principles, it's pretty much a matter of observation. The Law of Attraction is probably one of the hardest to implement because we see both likes and opposites attracting in nature. I personally think the Hermetic principles are incomplete although there is some scientific evidence suggesting they are true to an extent.

Mrpasserby

Do not just Believe 'Become', I am Sufficient.
In my experience: magic is the science of doing anything that works to produce results. I on a regular basis do what is generally called spirit magic. It requires focus, intention, self confidence, experiential knowledge of the spirit dimension, emotional content, and basically everything that I have got to accomplish some things, and other things just manifest because of universal synchronisations.
@RedDragon94, Do you know if your family background is magically orientated?
In my experience: A magic orientation within a family can appear to be in the form of religion, that is disguised because of persecutions in the past.
If you are interested in spirit magic,spirit questing/Journing, ask specific questions. :)

PLEASE, excuse the first post I got a phone call and hit send by accident on a Draft.

Last edited:

Kapalika

Premium Member
I'm not sure what OP means, do you mean in results, or method needed to attain results? Or something else?